Media Thread

Ether

Conservatives are rushing to condemn this but have nothing to say about Dr. Ford continuing to be harrassed in a similar manner :rolleyes:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
None of the people that watch Faux News will read the police report. And Faux News will not provide the actual report if it contradicts Tucker's woe is me, bad lefties tripe.

Fridge chutney

Oh look, another privileged, racist bully smart man weighs in on the discussion.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
It's only recently I realized that Fox News was no longer in our list of cable channels. When I asked the CSR on a call one day she said that the company made the decision that Fox News provided no value to anyone in our country, so it was pulled. Kudos to them!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
None of the people that watch Faux News will read the police report. And Faux News will not provide the actual report if it contradicts Tucker's woe is me, bad lefties tripe.
It will however be yet another item to build a case for putting pressure on Fox to moderate its evening anchors or else have the channel ostracized, or even be subject to advertiser boycotts such as what O'Reilly and Ingraham had to deal with.

GiddyUp

It will however be yet another item to build a case for putting pressure on Fox to moderate its evening anchors or else have the channel ostracized, or even be subject to advertiser boycotts such as what O'Reilly and Ingraham had to deal with.
I'm hoping that the Murdoch boys push for moderation after their prick of a father dies, shouldn't be too long now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm hoping that the Murdoch boys push for moderation after their prick of a father dies, shouldn't be too long now.
They are in a tough spot in that they make money from their evening lineup of Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham, who are all generally Trump syccophants....so if the Murdoch boys were to attempt to moderate these three, they would in effect lose advertising revenue once ratings dropped.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The replies to that Tucker tweet. The nation is too divided to unite again (barring a 9/11 type incident, yet that would only last a few weeks at best). It is interesting to see Tucker using his bully pulpit while the other party has no such means to push his version.

GiddyUp

They are in a tough spot in that they make money from their evening lineup of Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham, who are all generally Trump syccophants....so if the Murdoch boys were to attempt to moderate these three, they would in effect lose advertising revenue once ratings dropped.
Let' recommend our Ed to them, kill the propaganda through a wave of "global partners". All those old farts will switch during the 8 minute commercial breaks and forget to turn back.

GiddyUp

Depends if greed is their primary motivation.
From the little I hear about them it sounds like they want to be legit. I'm sure they have more pride in Sky news then they do in Fox news. Or they can continue what their father has been doing, if that is the case then it will only get worse.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
With Fox now saying that they 'stand with CNN,' does this mean that Murdoch is dropping Trump?

After the recent radio silence it seems like Fox are taking stock and coming up with a potential contingency plan.

Drifter

American
With Fox now saying that they 'stand with CNN,' does this mean that Murdoch is dropping Trump?

After the recent radio silence it seems like Fox are taking stock and coming up with a potential contingency plan.
Murdoch never really liked Trump .This was more a friendship of convenience , even though he as managed to get in with British and Australian PM's ,he as struggled to get in with an American President.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don't know mate. I dropped him after the immigrants make USA dirtier shit. FOX is a white christian conservative mouthpiece; therefore, women are supposed to stay home and have babies not take men's jobs and income.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I don't know mate. I dropped him after the immigrants make USA dirtier shit. FOX is a white christian conservative mouthpiece; therefore, women are supposed to stay home and have babies not take men's jobs and income.
Yeah I get that, but surely he's pushing his luck even for them?

Don't worry, I know how much his recent comments have disgusted you mate. ;)

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah I get that, but surely he's pushing his luck even for them?

Don't worry, I know how much his recent comments have disgusted you mate. ;)
Hard to say. As much as advertisers will drop you for this type of thing, there are always others who support it to take up the slack.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would shock you the number of women that believe that shit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Nazis gave medals to women who stayed home and had lots of children. Now, I'm not saying that Fox News are Nazis...ok, I am.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Is Geraldo actually speaking sense here?

I always thought he was as big of a moron as the rest of them.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Some days I'd rather they get Hannity for something than Don. In many ways he s had a far more toxic impact on this country.

The video creator makes some excellent points.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There is no fate bad enough for someone like Sean Hannity. He deserves his name to enter the history books alongside Goebbels.

The people that work at Fox News disgust me, to a man and woman. They're despicable, traitorous, immoral dirt - and almost all of them are smart enough to know exactly what they're doing, how exploitative it is and the damage it does to the country they claim to love.