Media Thread

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Walked by my Trumpy neighbor's house last night and, as usual (except after the election when it went to Newsmaxx for even more crazy), Fox News was on. I expected to see coverage of an impending war in Europe but was instead "shocked" to see the chyron read something like "Trudeau is like Hitler we should support the truckers". It's no wonder half this country is batshit crazy.

MarylandMUFan

Walked by my Trumpy neighbor's house last night and, as usual (except after the election when it went to Newsmaxx for even more crazy), Fox News was on. I expected to see coverage of an impending war in Europe but was instead "shocked" to see the chyron read something like "Trudeau is like Hitler we should support the truckers". It's no wonder half this country is batshit crazy.
Yeah, and I find it hard to blame them. Fox News came out with the "Fair and Balanced" slogan with a fairly clear right wing slant (but not nearly as nutty as they are now). If you tended to lean right, then they were speaking to you and you agreed with them so they became your news outlet. So if you have been watching Fox News for the last 15 years, you have been slowly indoctrinated into a conspiracy mindset that's really hard to pull out from. It's really disgusting.

cafecillos

I know this is useless utopian talk, but I dream of a world in which people like Murdoch are fully accountable for purposefully and systematically sowing lies, discord and confrontation, and contributing to irreparably divide a society.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just means she's less stressed and happier not being part of the Trump administration. Happy for her and she looks delicious. :drool:

tldr: just more Kelly Anne to love.
On reflex I clicked to reply with some snarky quip about increasing her consumption of truth so as to shit out more lies or something along those lines before deciding I just don't have it in me today. What has become of me?

Drifter

American
Former Fox News Producer for Sean Hannity Indicted for Helping Russia

As the United States increasingly goes after some of the Kremlin’s business tentacles, the latest person arrested for violating U.S. sanctions against Russia is less notable for his ties to Vladimir Putin than his old ties to Sean Hannity—he is a former Fox News producer who left to launch a Russian propaganda network.

The Department of Justice on Thursday revealed that Jack Hanick was quietly arrested in London on Feb. 3 for dodging U.S. sanctions by helping a sanctioned Russian oligarch, Konstantin Malofeyev, start his right-wing Tsargrad TV.

The DOJ simultaneously unsealed a grand jury indictment against him, accusing Hanick of knowingly engaging in business dealings with Malofeyev, who had been formally sanctioned by the U.S. government for his role in financing Russia-backed soldiers in eastern Ukraine who have violently tried to break off from the democratic country since 2014.

Sean Hannity’s Ukraine War ‘Plans’ Are Even Dumber Than You Think

The indictment also accuses Hanick of lying to FBI agents about his travels to Greece and Bulgaria to expand the TV network in 2015 and 2016, when he was interviewed by American investigators last year in New York City.

Federal agents assert that many of the damning details about Hanick’s Kremlin adventures were laid out in an unpublished memoir he kept in his email account, which was searched by the feds with a court-approved search warrant.

Malofeyev was sanctioned in December 2014 by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control for financing separatists in the Donbas region in southeastern Ukraine.

Russia-aligned fighters there operated with the not-so-secret help of that country's military and used that government’s weapons when they shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, killing 283 passengers and 15 crewmembers.

Malofeyev (also spelled in the West as Malofeev) started an Orthodox Christian network called Tsargrad TV. In 2020, he launched a similarly named right-wing political group in Russia with an imperialist bent that would—much like the National Rifle Association does in the United States—pressure politicians to toe the conservative line.

I’m a Former Russian TV Anchor. Fox News Mimics State TV.

According to The Warsaw Institute, a Polish-based geopolitical think tank, “Tsargrad” would test political candidates’ adherence to “traditional family, religious, and cultural values of the Russian people.”

The Financial Times in 2015 analyzed how Malofeyev launched his “conservative yet modern spin on global news” in an attempt to mimic the rise of Fox News. Then, in 2018, the online news site Salon called out Hanick for joining the Russian operation, noting that he had previously served as Hannity’s director at Fox News.

Hanick got his start at Fox News when it first launched in 1996. Fifteen years later, in 2011, he left. Three years later, he joined forces with Malofeyev’s Russian propaganda operation. The Justice Department now wants to extradite him from the United Kingdom to New York City.

Damian Williams, the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan, issued a statement noting that sanctions “prohibit United States citizens from working for or doing business with Malofeyev but as alleged, Hanick violated those sanctions by working directly for Malofeyev on multiple television projects over the course of several years.”

Williams noted the indictment underscores his office’s “commitment to the enforcement of laws intended to hamstring those who would use their wealth to undermine fundamental democratic processes. This Office will continue to be a leader in the Justice Department’s work to hold accountable actors who would support flagrant and unjustified acts of war.”

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's good initially but sat not properly contained for twelve days in those little plastic containers, good luck to your stomach and rectum thereafter. Do scrape off that fuzz first.
Every single part of that statement applies to the good Doctors "lady"

WPMUFC

Am I the only one that can barely follow even the sentence structure of Tucker in this clip? It's just words formed into seemingly vague sentences and then something about Kamala Harris. It genuinely felt like I was listening to an english speaker being filtered through an AI program that was built to translate into english. There are a whole bunch of english words used, with absolutely no coherent structure to them. :lol: :houllier:

Drifter

American
Caitlyn Jenner Joining Fox News as a Contributor

Fox News announced that they have signed Caitlyn Jenner on as a contributing commentator on the network. Jenner will join Sean Hannity Thursday night to make her first Fox appearance in her new role.

Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott confirmed the hiring in a network announcement obtained by Mediaite, which says “Caitlyn’s story is an inspiration to us all. She is a trailblazer in the LGBTQ+ community and her illustrious career spans a variety of fields that will be a tremendous asset for our audience.” The memo also included a statement from Jenner, who said “I am humbled by this unique opportunity to speak directly to Fox News Media’s millions of viewers about a range of issues that are important to the American people.”

Jenner has made repeated appearances on Fox over the years to talk about her conservative political views and her attempt to run for governor of California. In her most recent Fox interviews, she has been voicing her opposition to transgender women being allowed to compete against biological females in athletic events.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not on Fox, on Bubba the Love Sponge’s show back in the day (what a fecking cnut Bubba was fyi)…