Megatherium Sam | Leaves West Brom in the Championship

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is right though. Doesn't get the credit he deserves. A bottom midtable team can easily hire him and be guaranteed of a top half finish.

Teams like Burnley, Newcastle or Palace would be perfect for him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He's really touchy about being called a long ball manager. Antonio didn't even say that. He described West Brom's football as "free flowing" with "big men running into channels". Apparently that's enough to rile Allardyce up.

Tarrou

lets give him a job as our set pieces coach

we could do with a bit more big dick energy around the place

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
He started the great Liverpool downfall this season with his incredible jammy draw in December against them when they were 1st if I remember correctly?
So there`s success to his WBA stint.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has a chip on his shoulder. He speaks about foreign managers with such scorn.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Did he mention that had he'd been foreign he'd be more respected in the game ?
It's usually his go-to retort.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
They wouldn't have been relegated if he changed his name to Allerdicio.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He has a chip on his shoulder. He speaks about foreign managers with such scorn.
He does have a point. There has been a large number of average foreign managers given opportunities ahead of English managers because there's a certain perception of English managers.

Allardyce's football hasn't always helped that perception, although I don't think he's the tactical dinosaur he's portrayed as.

That said, any sympathy for him goes out the window when you remember that he was the one that blew his best opportunity to showcase his ability on a bigger stage. He can't blame those pesky foreigners and their sensible wine portions for that.

Robbie Boy

When I was a-lot younger I used to love Sam's Bolton. He brought some great players to Bolton at the back end of their careers, like Hierro, Okocha and Djorkaeff. There were others too that didn't work out like Jardel. He also brought through some good youngsters. Back then I rated him and found him a good personality.

Over the years though, there's been a-lot of negative press about him and he hasn't come across well. Nowadays he just seems bitter and deluded. I still feel there's a decent manager in there somewhere, but he seems too bitter towards the modern game to ever succeed again.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Was anyone watching the Portuguese feed of the United - Newcastle game? At around 20 minutes in, Sam is panned to in the crowd and the commentator takes a pause, then with dramatic effect, says: .."Biggu Sam!" Like he was announcing the last boss in a movie.

Tickled me. Didn't know the legend of Big Sam had teached Portuguese shores.

The announcement was meme-worthy, but I'm going to hazard a guess not many caught it?