Mehdi Taremi

OL29

If we do sign him it needs to be alongside a younger option, I’m sick of these short term strikers we keep bringing in. It’s impossible to build a team if you keep needing to replace your CF every couple of seasons.

Rolaholic

Put up great numbers in the Portuguese league but he's already 30, would be the type of short-term stopgap striker signing fans have been complaining about for years.

At least he'd be a cheaper option than any of the younger guys we've been linked to but I wonder if he'd be a nailed on starter for us. We really still need that main no.9

Dannn411

Now this is a stop-gap/ back-up I can get behind. He is a true centre forward in every sense of the word and I would absolutely take him. He can give us 4 good years as a back-up.

Drizzle

As long as he's a backup to a better/younger striker, then it's an obvious yes.

NYAS

Could be the perfect bridge for Hojlund. And if he doesn’t work out, Kane is on a free next summer. For €20m, a guy of his quality and numbers over the past few years…where’s the risk?

Rolaholic

One thing that's for certain is he'd be a 10x upgrade over Weghorst :lol:

Wouldn't be a bad option to have in the squad at all but we still need a first choice 9 as well.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Man, I have really stopped watching football. Never heard of this bloke.

croadyman

One thing that's for certain is he'd be a 10x upgrade over Weghorst :lol:

Wouldn't be a bad option to have in the squad at all but we still need a first choice 9 as well.
So you don't think Hojlund is first XI then

daba

Suggested Taremi in the stop gap thread a few weeks ago. Hojland + Taremi for €80m would be decent business, hopefully allowing us to dismiss Martial in the process.

Rolaholic

So you don't think Hojlund is first XI then
If we sign him I'm sure that's where we'd want him eventually but I feel like he'd need to grow into that role over the course of the season.

He wouldn't be a ready made starting no.9 in the PL right from the offset but that doesn't mean he couldn't/wouldn't be quality.

Having both him and Taremi in the team would give us very solid depth up front though for the first time in a while.

Suggested Taremi in the stop gap thread a few weeks ago. Hojland + Taremi for €80m would be decent business, hopefully allowing us to dismiss Martial in the process.
Especially if we can get them both for reasonable wages. A good part of the cost would be offset by what is saved from Martial ( not to mention Phil Jones and Tuanzebes wages)

SparkedIntoLife

Goal scoring record is really good and getting better by the year. Looks a really well rounded player. Can’t see any flaws that means he won’t translate to the PL.

Taremi plus a top talent like Hojlund would be very astute I think. If we wish to upgrade next year when we won’t be as FFP restricted (hopefully) and Kane is available for free or Osimhen has one year left, we could probably then recoup money on Taremi to a Saudi club.

Paul_Pogba

This guy is legit and plays very much like Kane. He's also draws out a loads pens.

In terms of age, I wouldn't worry too much, he's a beast and very atheltic, looks after himself and lives for football. I watched a recent interview he did in Iran and he mentioned he's only been out in Porto a few times in 3 years.

croadyman

Yeah but will they score enough

croadyman

Goal scoring record is really good and getting better by the year. Looks a really well rounded player. Can’t see any flaws that means he won’t translate to the PL.

Taremi plus a top talent like Hojlund would be very astute I think. If we wish to upgrade next year when we won’t be as FFP restricted (hopefully) and Kane is available for free or Osimhen has one year left, we could probably then recoup money on Taremi to a Saudi club.
Now this strategy is actually very sound

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Who had this guy on the “who will be our new stopgap striker” bingo card?

Idxomer

His stats are pretty good in almost every aspect on fbref, so he seems to be a well-rounded no.9.

Strikers from the Portuguese league aren't usually successful in the PL but as a stop-gap, it's not a big risk

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Never even heard of him. I dont watch any football other than United.

OleGunnar20

Enough stop gap signings. We must be able to find someone of a decent age somewhere you'd think.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Makes sense in the way Ten Hag likes a forward that drops deep and gets involved in the game. Obviously is going to be a backup option, hence the reason he is leaving for a relatively low fee.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Put up great numbers in the Portuguese league but he's already 30, would be the type of short-term stopgap striker signing fans have been complaining about for years.

At least he'd be a cheaper option than any of the younger guys we've been linked to but I wonder if he'd be a nailed on starter for us. We really still need that main no.9
The key is just bringing in a young striker too. Buying “main man” strikers on the market is just in general too difficult these days unless you want to drastically overpay and even then you’re probably crossing your fingers hoping it works out

Valencia Shin Crosses

Also sort of strange that people are calling Taremi old but also want us to spend 9 figures on Kane. They are almost the same sage.

RedDevilRoshi

Sorry Kolo-Muani
No worries

Hojlund for me as he’s an out and out number nine. Don’t know much of Kolo-Muani but isn’t he more of an inside forward rather than an out and out striker like Hojlund? I don’t watch the German farmers league and only basing it from what I seen of him at the World Cup.