Mehdi Taremi

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I’d be content with him and Hojlund coming in. It would probably lead to Martial being surplus to requirement.
Would be good to get rid of his wages and 5-10 mil in cash if some turkish club is stupid enough as well..

BTW I don't understand why would we be after Taremi, he's below average and I am sure we can do better even for that price.There's loads of strikers scoring for fun in shite leagues. Unless Taremi is a pressing monster with unreal hold up play, not sure why we would be after him..

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I can see us switching from Hojlund to Taremi and Joao Felix Loan. Atalanta seem to be asking a lot for Hojlund.
Sure J. Felix hold up play nad workrate up top to instill the pressing game would be fun to watch, along with inconsistent and overrated attacking play.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be good to get rid of his wages and 5-10 mil in cash if some turkish club is stupid enough as well..

BTW I don't understand why would we be after Taremi, he's below average and I am sure we can do better even for that price.There's loads of strikers scoring for fun in shite leagues. Unless Taremi is a pressing monster with unreal hold up play, not sure why we would be after him..
What's wrong with Taremi? Over 20 goals a season for Porto in each 4 seasons (31 last season), does well in the CL, short term option yes at 31 (just about to turn 31), but a very good all round player to lead the line. Strong defensively, good scorer, strong technique, strong hold up play, very good in the air... taremi is a no brainer for a low cost option as he's a pretty complete CF, with a proven track record of goals to add.

OverratedOpinion

So you claim to know that he is below average and then in the same paragraph make it clear you have no idea what type of player he is. That doesn't really make a lot of sense.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Unless im going mad but havent we seen agents like this pop up at OT before and post various photo's on their social media accounts and it amounted to very little ?
I think it was Arda Turan's agency when he was looking for a way out of A.Madrid.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
We could probably offer them Telles too if he fancies going back to Porto.

OverratedOpinion

This would make me feel a lot better about the Hoijlund deal. We all would hope that Hoijlund explodes into a world class striker but also having an experienced player who's used to scoring goals and has a really decent record in the Champions League. All about the price obviously.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Would honestly be horrendous
Just curious as to your reasoning here? I think JF is a better player than Hojlund. We'd also be getting two strikers in instead of one - which would certainly be useful. Don't get me wrong, Hojlund would be a great signing, but Atalanta are asking a lot and I'm not sure he's ready to lead the line for us.

OverratedOpinion

Just curious as to your reasoning here? I think JF is a better player than Hojlund. We'd also be getting two strikers in instead of one - which would certainly be useful. Don't get me wrong, Hojlund would be a great signing, but Atalanta are asking a lot and I'm not sure he's ready to lead the line for us.
I think João Felix is immensely talented but he's not at his best as a striker and has been a 1 in 4 goalscorer for the last 4 seasons whilst playing in a league that usually sees strikers score for fun.

Crimson King

I think João Felix is immensely talented but he's not at his best as a striker and has been a 1 in 4 goalscorer for the last 4 seasons whilst playing in a league that usually sees strikers score for fun.
He's also expensive, even on loan, and has so far only shown himself to be overrated.

But yeah, the biggest issue with brining Felix in is that he's not really suited to playing as a CF.

OverratedOpinion

He's also expensive, even on loan, and has so far only shown himself to be overrated.

But yeah, the biggest issue with brining Felix in is that he's not really suited to playing as a CF.
It's a shame because if it made sense I would love to have him at United cause he's just a really lovely player to watch. Just doesn't fit anywhere right now.

Crimson King

It's a shame because if it made sense I would love to have him at United cause he's just a really lovely player to watch. Just doesn't fit anywhere right now.
Yeah he really doesn't mate. He's quite a unique player... probably needs to join a team that still plays 2 up top so he can play off of someone.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
So you claim to know that he is below average and then in the same paragraph make it clear you have no idea what type of player he is. That doesn't really make a lot of sense.
So he's a pressing monster with an unreal hold up play?

L1nk

Taremi has good stats for sure - but he's 30 and is basically another stopgap striker we'll be looking to replace in a few years. I'd absolutely be happy with us signing Taremi.. but only if he's signed along a young player like Hojlund or Kolo Muani and not alongside...

Joao Felix - Quality for sure.. but he would be a ridiculously expensive loan and I don't believe his best position or his qualities lend him to the lone striker role,

So we'd basically have a 30 year old Taremi and a Non striker as our forward options.. I wouldn't be happy about that myself

zaafi

So he's a pressing monster with an unreal hold up play?
He has good work rate and excellent hold-up play. Not a pressing monster, but it's good enough. He's a very good all-around striker who has a very good record for both club and country, and even in Champions League. He's a bit of a late bloomer, but so was Vardy.

Nicoseth

Fair enough mate - that makes sense. I think he would be a great addition, not necessarily playing as a 9, but as an option playing anywhere in the attacking positions. I think he would give us options and flexibility. Probably won't happen anyway.

Nicoseth

Taremi has good stats for sure - but he's 30 and is basically another stopgap striker we'll be looking to replace in a few years. I'd absolutely be happy with us signing Taremi.. but only if he's signed along a young player like Hojlund or Kolo Muani and not alongside...

Joao Felix - Quality for sure.. but he would be a ridiculously expensive loan and I don't believe his best position or his qualities lend him to the lone striker role,

So we'd basically have a 30 year old Taremi and a Non striker as our forward options.. I wouldn't be happy about that myself
I see what you're saying - I get that. I think I'd still take that over an unproven 20 year old who may or may not be ready to step up to the premier league, scored 8 goals last year and is looking quite expensive. For what it's worth, I think RH would do really well working with ETH, but I think signing him and only him is a risk.

OverratedOpinion

Fair enough mate - that makes sense. I think he would be a great addition, not necessarily playing as a 9, but as an option playing anywhere in the attacking positions. I think he would give us options and flexibility. Probably won't happen anyway.
I love watching him play so I wouldn't grumble. Just not sure where he fits in.

L1nk

I see what you're saying - I get that. I think I'd still take that over an unproven 20 year old who may or may not be ready to step up to the premier league, scored 8 goals last year and is looking quite expensive. For what it's worth, I think RH would do really well working with ETH, but I think signing him and only him is a risk.
My ideal scenario would be a player like RH as well as Taremi, as RH is at least an out and out number 9, that's why I don't want Taremi and Felix, as Felix is not really a number 9. We've got insane numbers in the attacking positions as is, except number 9.

Vidooq

I'd honestly take Teremi for the quoted price of £15-17 per DiMarzio and on low wages, but only after we get Hojlund. If we do into 4 competitions all the way, a rotation will be required, and I simply don't trust Martial to stay fit. We can even use Taremi in some odd cup games here and there, and even as a surprise starter if we connect with the team well. We desperately need a clinical finisher.

Joao Felix has always been that player that you see him play, but do not really know what his best position is. Plus, he will be expensive and we dont want to be doing favors to Atletico by taking him off their hands for a year.

croadyman

My ideal scenario would be a player like RH as well as Taremi, as RH is at least an out and out number 9, that's why I don't want Taremi and Felix, as Felix is not really a number 9. We've got insane numbers in the attacking positions as is, except number 9.
Yeah I would like us to sign both as well

ColvaleGoa

I think we are buying him to make our bargaining position a bit easier with Atlanta.

We need a second striker anyway. Someone to take the heat of Hoijlund. Signing him is a win on a short term. Atlanta will know we are not so desperate now. Also we can go all out next year forn Osimhien.(if he is still at Napoli).

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Really hope we stay away from this guy, doesn't make any sense to me, we need a striker sure but not this guy.

Telsim

One of those signings where an aging player looks very good in a smaller league, but is miles behind the pace in a bigger league and ends up doing very little. Eventually runs down his contract and leaves quietly, leaving only the memories of the occasional good goal he scored.

Brightonian

I think we are buying him to make our bargaining position a bit easier with Atlanta.

We need a second striker anyway. Someone to take the heat of Hoijlund. Signing him is a win on a short term. Atlanta will know we are not so desperate now. Also we can go all out next year forn Osimhien.(if he is still at Napoli).
This would make sense. We can't bargain from a position of 'either we sign your player or we have one perma-crocked #9 in our entire squad.' Of course we'll get fleeced if we do that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he is the only decent one we could afford, so why not?

I mean, lets be fair, here's his stats in Portugal league over past 3 seasons:

Taremi (20m)
20/21 - 16 goals 11 assists
21/22 - 20 goals 12 assists
22/23 - 22 goals 7 assists

And lets compare with other top players in the same league:

Ramos (80-100m)
21/22 - 7 goals 1 assists
22/23 - 19 goals 2 assists

Nunez (85m)
20/21 - 6 goals 9 assists
21/22 - 26 goals 4 assists