Melvin Bard - left back at Nice

Zoo

Carl Anka also mentioned him on the Talk Of The Devils podcast.

macheda14

Carl Anka also mentioned him on the Talk Of The Devils podcast.
He mentioned him more as a he wouldn’t be surprised if we start getting linked because it would be easy for journalists to do.

ShinjiNinja26

I dunno about the accuracy of this. Kinsella was the one peddling that nonsense the other night that Liverpool had already agreed a deal to take Jason Wilcox from Southampton.

Zoo

He mentioned him more as a he wouldn’t be surprised if we start getting linked because it would be easy for journalists to do.
Maybe, I can’t remember exactly how he said it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Maybe, I can’t remember exactly how he said it.
Without going back and listening again I think, that he came up when crunching numbers for what this United side is missing as in ball progression and some other metrics

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Kinsella is highly rated as a source but I often see him give BS news.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's 5'8". To be a successful team in the Prem (anywhere really), you need a good amount of taller players to be physically dominant. If Martinez is part of the backline, you really need to make up for it with players who can hold their own in the air.

CallyRed

He often frequents bars and pubs he has been banned from entering, you would often hear the landlord shout "oi, you're bard"

Last edited:

FujiVice

I'd be worried if we sign him. Every pub he goes to, the landlord yelling "Get out, you're Bard"

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We need a cheap cover/competitor for Shaw. Nice will hopefully give us the play at a cut price. Considering how many players we need next summer, the absence of top football people on the ground + FFP restraints, I won't be surprised if we utilize the Nice/French route for most signings. That means Bard, Todibo, Thuram (1 year left in his contract) and one between Moffi and Jonathan David (1 year left on his contract as well)

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Everyone who's familiar with him seems to sing his praises

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need a cheap cover/competitor for Shaw. Nice will hopefully give us the play at a cut price. Considering how many players we need next summer, the absence of top football people on the ground + FFP restraints, I won't be surprised if we utilize the Nice/French route for most signings. That means Bard, Todibo, Thuram (1 year left in his contract) and one between Moffi and Jonathan David (1 year left on his contract as well)
Why would we get cheap cover for Shaw when we have Malacia? I don’t disagree that we could do with a left back, but one of our two left backs would need to go, and I don’t see either of them as that sellable right now, although a good Euros could change that for Shaw as he’s a top player. I could see City going for Shaw if he was available, they literally haven’t had a left back for years, and he’d be incredible for them if he was fit.

hobbers

We dont need cheap cover we need a full blown replacement.

Shaw is done at this level. He's never going to have another season he stays fit playing twice a week.

devilish

Why would we get cheap cover for Shaw when we have Malacia? I don’t disagree that we could do with a left back, but one of our two left backs would need to go, and I don’t see either of them as that sellable right now, although a good Euros could change that for Shaw as he’s a top player. I could see City going for Shaw if he was available, they literally haven’t had a left back for years, and he’d be incredible for them if he was fit.
Shaw is ridiculously injury prone while Malacia had vanished in the treatment room (alongside his mate) throughout most of the season. Luke might be the second coming of Evra, Maldini and Irwin but football is played on the pitch not out of it.

In such circumstances a new player is necessary as we can't have another season were we play without a LB.

Remember the geese

We need to sign the best left back we realistically can. Not a cheap backup for Shaw. Shaw cannot be relied upon. Then we can start thinking about bringing Amass into the fold.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shaw is ridiculously injury prone while Malacia had vanished in the treatment room (alongside his mate) throughout most of the season. Luke might be the second coming of Evra, Maldini and Irwin but football is played on the pitch not out of it.

In such circumstances a new player is necessary as we can't have another season were we play without a LB.
We also can’t have 3 senior left backs. As injured as they both are, both will probably be fit come August, so if they are still here, what do we do? Just treat them as if they are injured?

Nas-JR

Without going back and listening again I think, that he came up when crunching numbers for what this United side is missing as in ball progression and some other metrics
First thing I thought when I saw this thread. He definitely mentioned his name as a low hanging fruit for journos to use to get clicks. I'm skeptical there is truth in this.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We also can’t have 3 senior left backs. As injured as they both are, both will probably be fit come August, so if they are still here, what do we do? Just treat them as if they are injured?
Shaw can play centre back.

Ekeke

Small and not a lot of end product but better than not having a senior left back when Shaw is injured. Plus side is he likes to win the ball, has a bit of speed and can run the ball forward

devilish

The season is long, varane, Evans and Maguire are probably leaving and we have too many injuries. If berrada sticks to his '2 underperforming seasons is all you get' policy then our LB next long trip to the treatment room might be their last. I doubt we will allow anymore players to eye for Phil Jones record

Ekeke

Also we're not going to sign everyone from Nice just because of the ownership. If we're going to sign a single player from them this summer Todibo, Thuram and Moffi would be more useful signings

avgp_1

Not the most athletic, always seems like a midfielder playing at full back

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shaw can play centre back.
In the event that our actual centre backs are injured. And if they are not, and he is fit, why would you mot just play him at left back?

The fact that he can play centre half is no reason to sign a left back. The issue is fitness, and if he’s fit enough to play in the middle, just play him on the left.