MEN: Carrick and McKenna next in line for contract extensions

hobbers

Have no clue what you’re talking about so can’t provide a real response. As expected.
I know that he was well regarded as a youth coach

He was promoted by Mourinho to go someway to replacing Faria, and, unbelievably, this coincided with everything falling apart. His tactical and coaching input under Ole... less said about that the better, no?

And I know the players we have right now do not rate him. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to go back to coaching 18 year olds, which is his level.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know that he was well regarded as a youth coach

He was promoted by Mourinho to go someway to replacing Faria, and, unbelievably, this coincided with everything falling apart. His tactical and coaching input under Ole... less said about that the better, no?

And I know the players we have right now do not rate him. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to go back to coaching 18 year olds, which is his level.
I think in fairness it’s more due to Mourinho’ tendency to go mad in his 3rd season, fall out with everyone and throw everyone else under the bus

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
From what I heard from people with mates in the club is that Mckemna is a great coach. However the rest (SAF's former players) are hopeless.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think in fairness it’s more due to Mourinho’ tendency to go mad in his 3rd season, fall out with everyone and throw everyone else under the bus
Okay, but that doesn't explain the next 2+ years. If he's as great as he's made out to be, surely, in the past 2+ years, we would've seen some signs of cohesive team football, but we haven't. It's all been relying on individuals to pull a piece of magic from out of their hat.

Twisted Nerve

They all need to go. Ole, Carrick and discount Darren Fletcher. I don't know what the hell they do all day, certainly seems they are not doing any actual coaching.

hobbers

Okay, but that doesn't explain the next 2+ years. If he's as great as he's made out to be, surely, in the past 2+ years, we would've seen some signs of cohesive team football, but we haven't. It's all been relying on individuals to pull a piece of magic from out of their hat.
Well this is pretty much my point.

McKenna's career:

Pre 2015 - Spurs academy coach
2015-16 Spurs u18s coach
2016-18 United u18s coach
--------------------------------------------------
Good results, highly regarded

2018-present United first team coach
--------------------------------------------------
Awful results, soon to be two sacked managers, bad feedback from players

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If we're going to keep any of them it should probably be McKenna, but he needs to be surrounded by an experienced manager and coaches. Having our entire system be made up of inexperienced people is ridiculous. Phelan is the only one with any real experience, and he always 'felt' like the least impressive of Fergie's assistants. Obviously that's looking in from the outside though, so maybe he actually is good at the role. Nothing we've seen since he's returned really seem to indicate that though.