MEN: Carrick and McKenna next in line for contract extensions

ShinjiNinja26

These lot should be out the door along with Ole, we need a clean break from this mess and they’ve been stinking the place out as much as Solskjaer.

dove

Good to know our failing players and managers getting constantly rewarded for their failures.

Rockets Redglare

I was getting worried.
Surely not. They look utterly gormless during every match, and as great Carrick was as a player he doesn’t really seem to command respect.

The other one is even worse, it beggars belief he’s a first team coach at a club like United.

romufc

The board are not playing with the fans. What is going on at this club.

If there was a example of a badly run club, we would be up there as the primary example IMO.

Flytan

Carrick is literally listening to music during our matches. Or he's on the phone. Either way he has ear buds in for non-footballing reasons.

Strats

Fecks sake, the absolute state of the club.

I miss the days where you’d genuinely at the rants on Arsenal fan TV, now I feel like their desperation and anger was completely understandable.

Resch

Carrick is literally listening to music during our matches. Or he's on the phone. Either way he has ear buds in for non-footballing reasons.
One of our coaches should have ear buds.
Many teams have scouts high up in the ranks. They inform the coaches about movement of the team, etc. Guess what they are using....

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
One of our coaches should have ear buds.
Many teams have scouts high up in the ranks. They inform the coaches about movement of the team, etc. Guess what they are using....
Pigeons?

Ixion

This club's willingness to reward mediocrity is world leading.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If dumb and dumber aren't out the door with Ole - I bloody well will be.

Shark

@NotShark
What a pathetic little gremlin Woodward is. This all seems deliberately carried out before he fecks off.

Leg-End

Good move, we wouldn’t want those other clubs tapping them up would we.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
I never hated someone as much as i hate the Glazers.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don’t even understand being mad over this. After Ole, they’re both coaching the under 18s or under 23s. They won’t be chucked out the club if they aren’t working with the first team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I was getting worried.
I'm beyond that have lost hope. If we manage to loosen the shackles of Woodward and SAF who are probably protecting Ole, the next manager will have people like this imposed on them for the sake of the longevity plan which will lead to further issues.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
McKenna is one of the highest rating coaches in England. We were all over the moon when we pinched him from Spurs

cj_sparky

:lol:

Mediocre Man United,
Mediocre Man United,
Mediocre Man United,
As the fools keep ploughing on on on!

amolbhatia50k

McKenna is one of the highest rating coaches in England. We were all over the moon when we pinched him from Spurs
While that's true and our youth teams played lovely football under him you need a certain level of experience of having accomplished something in modern footy at a club like United to win league titles. So McKenna, Phelan and Carrick having none of that is a poor foundation given Ole isn't really a coach. So you'd think thay going forward we'd try not impose as few of them on a new manager. Maybe McKenna but I'm not sure why both? I mean this is the lot that has us playing this way given Ole doesn't coach that much.

redzombie

I almost have a bigger problem with the coaches than Solsjaer, Its one thing having an inexperienced manager, but at least surround him with the best support network in the game.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's true that he was but how many years has he been part of the set up and we've been under performing? I don't even know if he meets expectations. If he does they're pretty low, imo.

shinpad

I almost have a bigger problem with the coaches than Solsjaer, Its one thing having an inexperienced manager, but at least surround him with the best support network in the game.
i'd have to agree the coaches are naff, Ole could sack them if he wants but he must think they're ok .

amolbhatia50k

It's true that he was but how many years has he been part of the set up and we've been under performing? I don't even know if he meets expectations. If he does they're pretty low, imo.
Yeah there's a difference between being a good youth team coach and being good enough to work for a coaching team that wins PL/CL trophies. Not saying McKenna can't but we have to consider the quality of football and how it hasn't improved enough while determining who actually has the potential to reach that level. Our goal is to get Manchester United to the top of the footballing world, not develop careers.

Foxbatt

They should be sacked immediately. Then Ole may bring some good coaches.