MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

gaffs

My personal opinion - i think Rooney will make a U turn. He will realise over the next couple of months that there is no club like United.

I can only see City and Madrid putting in offers.

I hope the fans show him some love like we did for Tevez in his last few months.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is just painful to watch. Can't think of a reason good enough for Rooney to do this. feck you Wayne.

It's bittersweet. Part of that just filled me up with pride in how lucky we are so support this great club. Shame Rooney doesn't realize how lucky he is to be playing for United and under Fergie.

Ekeke

With this revelation, was Bebe signed with Rooney's departure in mind?

Were we that quick to make up our mind because of Rooney?
Very possibly. With Villa heading to Barcelona before we had our sniff, although that might even have been before we knew Rooney wanted out.

WAZZA-UP

Surely the best result for us if he doesn't do a u-turn. Suppose that will also depend on the fans reaction towards him, will be interesting to hear the crowd chants tomorrow. Surely its got to be player swap deals, or players plus cash..

What offer would you take from;

Real
Barcelona
City

I personally would not accept any swap from City, even though they have great players now.. I couldn't watch Rooney play against us for them! Think VIDA would break him!

Real or Barca must have some good swap deals available though? What you thin

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
My personal opinion - i think Rooney will make a U turn. He will realise over the next couple of months that there is no club like United.
Wishing thinking?

Well, I dont think I want him to still be a United player after all this. Sadly.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mickey Thomas: "Rooney has to be a man and tell us all why he wants to leave the biggest club in the world."
This. As someone else said, Tevez wanted to play, Ronaldo had a dream, what's Rooney's reason? It's not like SAF is forcing him out like he did with Becks, Ruud or Keane.

He owes it to the fans to tell us the truth, but it appears he gives feck all about the fans and the club, so I don't expect him to say anything.

Treble

The worst part is yet to come. He'll sign with City, IMO.

Devilton

I hope the fans show him some love like we did for Tevez in his last few months.
feck that. The fans have NEVER stopped showing him love. He's stabbed the club, the managers, his fellow team mates and the fans in the back.

He did it with Everton yesterday,

He's done it to us Today,

and he'll do it to his next club tommorow.

The man is a shit cnut, and he was one before we bought him. We choose to ignore it, but lets not pretend we didn't know what he was.

marrakoosh

I'm not sure if I want what you say to be true. Is there any way of coming back from this for Rooney?

dev1l

I've rarely seen Fergie as emotional as he was in that interview :(
True. I m more worried about that than about a scouser packing his bags....

i hope that there 's not something else behind fergie getting emotional

amolbhatia50k

Personally don't want to see him step on to the pitch for us. Doesn't deserve it to be honest. There are other players willing to bleed for this club. My support will always go first to them.

Enigma_87

You know who

Why back up the player not the manager? Which fans? The fickle ones?

Ferguson has been at United for 24 years at the time Rooney was just born. How can you support Rooney in mutiny to show him that "there is no club like United."?

That's pure bollocks, mate, and you know it.

Hitchcocker

Very possibly. With Villa heading to Barcelona before we had our sniff, although that might even have been before we knew Rooney wanted out.
Thing is Fergie mentioned August 14 as the day he found out Rooney didn't want to sign and was shocked. Villa's transfer was wrapped before that.

amolbhatia50k

Surely the best result for us if he doesn't do a u-turn. Suppose that will also depend on the fans reaction towards him, will be interesting to hear the crowd chants tomorrow. Surely its got to be player swap deals, or players plus cash..

Real
Barcelona
City

I personally would not accept any swap from City, even though they have great players now.. I couldn't watch Rooney play against us for them! Think VIDA would break him!

Would be fun if he goes to Barca and doesn't get a game. Could be highly amusing.

wr8_utd

:'(
CIty must be offering him 200 grans a week. What other reason could he for leaving

amolbhatia50k

Why play him though? His hearts not at the club, his brain doesn't exist. So why play him?

Hitchcocker

I can't imagine it if Rooney went to City and announced he left to have a fresh start over family reasons.

Bread

Big point raised on Talksport:

If the fans applaud Rooney when he comes on as would have happened any other time is that going to look like supporting him over fergie?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It's different to Ronaldo, for the simple reason that Ronaldo was from Iberia and had a genuine dream to play for Madrid. Plus, he made this clear, didn't mess about with contracts to potentially leave us in the shit (I seem to recall we got £80m) and even did an extar year once it was clear that he would rather get moving.

Rooney, as people have said, has everything here. He is top man at the biggest club in the country, he is near his friends and family, he has no reason to leave other than money. (I don't believe he wants to, or will, play abroad, and if he does I'm pretty sure he won't deal with it and will be back in England soon).
Do you think Ronaldo would have left to play for his 'boyhood' club if he had not been offered 'crazy' money? But I agree he left in a much better way. Rooney comes across as a person who cannot really discipline himself, which was a quality I admired in Ronaldo. The insight into his personal betrayal of a pregnant wife (I'm not moralizing here. just using it as a way to glimpse into the man's mind) and his personal betrayal of a man who treated him as a son. Its a huge character flaw. People like that wont go far in life without tripping themselves up. In a way I feel sorry for him. He may get more money somewhere else, but he wont be looked after better than here.

Fuzzymel

Ronaldo acted professionally during his final season. I do hope Rooney can do the same.

Hitchcocker

CIty must be offering him 200 grans a week. What other reason could he for leaving
He never bothered with our contract offer which we were willing to match or even better.

Listen to the MUTV Fergie interview. Fergie said that there was no offer because they didn't bother to listen to one.

amolbhatia50k

Bizarre really how greedy footballers can be. As I said, he has everything at United. Being at United or Liverpool means so much more than Chelsea or City.

Devilton

Real
Barcelona
City

Best result for us is he goes to Madrid and we get 2 players + some cash.

Hopefully Benzema and maybe Kaka or Diarra. I know it'll never happen, but that's the best case scenario.