MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That no player would regret joining United, and united will still attract top players.

And he has enjoyed every moment of his career with us.
He really is his own man with his own opinions, Doesn't suck up to anyone

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Am I alone in wanting Rooney out of the club?

I could never support him again, I would struggle to celebrate one of his goals, it would always leave a bitter taste in my mouth now we have seen his true colours.

I just want us to get some solid cash for him in January and invest in a couple of players to put us back on our path.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Holloway's a true football man, no bullshit diplomacy, tell it as it is. Great interview.

MiamiSpartan

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I have only had time to read bits and pieces of this 120+ page thread.

But I was wondering how much of all this could be because Rooney is just a coward. Perhaps afraid to have the expectations and pressure of being THE goal scorer. While he had that role last year, and performed fantastically, I don't think he realized how important he was perceived to be until the title chase fell apart when he was injured ("perceived" being the key word, as his injury had nothing to do with bad points dropped earlier in the year). For England, he's perceived/expected to be THE guy to get it done, and look at how he performed with that pressure during the summer. No wonder he wants to be on City. They've got about 15 strikers in the squad with which to share the goals (and the blame if the goals don't come).

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses

I could never support him again, I would struggle to celebrate one of his goals, it would always leave a bitter taste in my mouth now we have seen his true colours.

I just want us to get some solid cash for him in January and invest in a couple of players to put us back on our path.
I want him gone as soon as possible.

All this backlash on him is fecking fantastic to see.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
SuPeRMoMo76 Moath ALManayes
According to EU employment laws, #Rooney has breached his contract, however, #MUFC has limited options to solve the problem
In what way?

United78

No -- he has to go -- he has said too much and just give us some money and feck off -- to Spain!

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Does anyone else feel the longer this goes on the more and more it's becoming "But gaffer I didn't mean it like"

Ivor Ballokov

I'd say the vast majority want him gone and many have moved on from caring about how, where or when too. If he did change his mind he'd have a lot of work to do before he could begin to mend the relationship with the fans and it would never ever be the same again.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I've waiting for a statement all fecking day. And all I've got is cows and fields going around in my head.
Just don't drink any white liquid from mysterious scousers.
it's udderly ridiculous to be honest
Selling Moo-ney in January will be half the cattle won.
Well Fergie knows what he's moo-ing, he's the best in his field
mooooooooo
You don't think he could rustle up a steak in his own PR firm?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
not a word all day? what if they dont put this to bed before our bed time? it could be a horrific scenario!

EricaNo7

I'd say the vast majority want him gone and many have moved on from caring about how, where or when too. If he did change his mind he'd have a lot of work to do before he could begin to mend the relationship with the fans and it would never ever be the same again.
it's so different to when Ronnie wanted to go, isn't it?

the difference in class between them is astonishing

Brophs

The One and Only
Does anyone else feel the longer this goes on the more and more it's becoming "But gaffer I didn't mean it like"
Nope. No way back for him. They're just putting a polish on it at the moment, I would have thought.

wr8_utd

:'(
No. More like sorting things out with his side to make sure this will have a minimum effect on us until he's actually gone.
Well the Gill and Fergie meeting is over. Wonder what's taking so much time.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
it's so different to when Ronnie wanted to go, isn't it?

the difference in class between them is astonishing
because ronnie at least made his intentions known, instead of being a back stabbing cnut. would gladly welcome ronnie back any day

RUnited

Gold Member
United fans in my part of the world are in agreement that Rooney now needs to go, but also agree he's not wrong about the management's lack of commitment on getting new top class players to replace the old legs or Ronaldo and Tevez.

Bebe and VDV coming to England for the same price is just plain ridiculous.

I'm curious to see what happens with our transfer activity after Rooney leaves.

wr8_utd

:'(
Manchester United 'holding statement' expected soon. But what are they holding? #mufc #fb

Seveneric

How awkward will that be. I doubt the father-son relationship with Fergie will ever be the same again and what about the other squad members he's thrown under the bus with his statement yesterday?