[Merged] Rossi to Newcastle - surely this means we have tied up a striker deal

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
put the Rossi deal next to the hint on MUTV and maybe, just maybe, we have tied up a striker deal. The question now is who could it be? It must be Trezeguet or Tevez.

Mainoldo

Rossi to Newcastle!!!

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=359308

Not on skysports website yet but on our main site. It would seem Fergie has got his man then?? hopefully. If sources are right i expect it to be Trezeguet as they failed on appeal today to return back to Serie A and him staying was on the basis of their return...

Maltese Manc

A Very Weasteful poster
ye, just saw this on manutd.com. No, we wont be singing another striker mate. Rossi wasnnt getting any games ( this season) with smith out injured, let alone when he comes back. he was always going to go out on loan, whether we bought a striker, or not

Mainoldo

Davo said:
I hope it's Trezeguet
See how funny it is when he's banging in the goals past your lot!!!

Can't someone join the threads??

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
Trezeguet has had an awful couple of years, and he wont be cheap. it stinks of Panic Buying, its like something Newcastle would do

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
feck - this means Rossi's gonna break both legs, his arm & his neck in his first match & be out of action for 6 years!

neo2002

This quote gives us a hint I think:
SAF: "It was a big decision for us especially as we don't have the choice of strikers," admitted the United boss.

A couple of days ago he said that we had the players we needed, with Smith, Saha, Rooney, Solskjaer and more as first team strikers. Today he just said that Solskjaer would be played on the right, as a winger, and then sends Rossi on loan. Which leaves us with Saha, Smith and Rooney up front.

That combined with the comments on MUTV tonight, I`m pretty sure he`s got something up his sleave, and it aint a mars bar...

Wes

i'll be watching his progress with interest, good loan for him, prem experience.

we had better sign a striker, feck speculating, we'll find out soon enough

dev1l

If things stay as they are our forward line looks like that of England in the world cup. At the WC England had 2 injured strikers Crouch and the boy. United have 3 injury prone strikers (ole, Saha and Smith) + Rooney.
Someone must be coming tomorrow or else Rossi would not have been loaned

DA2

Oh feck me please not Trezeguet - we do not a need a player who really deep down doesnt want to be here. It was widely suspected that the only reason Veron came here was that because of the passport scandal going on at the time in Italy. I would prefer Tevez even if strictlky speaking he aint the ideal option.

DA2

Shit this has got me pissed - please not Trez.....

dev1l

DA2 said:
Shit this has got me pissed - please not Trez.....
I have a nasty feeling that its him Trezeguet. But there can be a good news too - he may be loaned to us for 1 season only.

WeasteDevil

GaryLifo said:
You won't be saying that when Saha gets injured at some point for 3 months.
We have decent backups if we are not willing to splash the cash on a sensible target. Tevez is not it. Just because Saha has been injured in the past doesn't mean he will get injured again. You can always play Solskjaer as the number 9.

Jacob

RedRichio said:
put the Rossi deal next to the hint on MUTV and maybe, just maybe, we have tied up a striker deal. The question now is who could it be? It must be Trezeguet or Tevez.
Believe me, no signings at all!

Dreaded

WeasteDevil said:
We are not signing a striker, it's not required.
How could you say its not required!! I had being saying all summer, like you are now, that no striker was needed.
But that was on the basis that Rossi was at the club. We currently have two strikers who are match fit. Ole and Smith are returning from longterm injuries. How can you say this is adequate cover??:nono:

WeasteDevil

lorcanjc said:
How could you say its not required!! I had being saying all summer, like you are now, that no striker was needed.
But that was on the basis that Rossi was at the club. We currently have two strikers who are match fit. Ole and Smith are returning from longterm injuries. How can you say this is adequate cover??:nono:
Keane came back from a long term injury, did we panic buy? No!

Yes, we need a quality number 9, but we shouldn't simply pay for one as a panic measure. Wait for it. We've scored what? 10 goals in 3 games? Doesn't seem to be a problem ATM, and we haven't had the number 10 (Rooney) for the last two games. Number 10s are far more important IMO than 9s.

Maltese Manc

A Very Weasteful poster
we dont need a striker. we need a midfielder. we will get none. End of topic

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
WeasteDevil said:

Yes, we need a quality number 9, but we shouldn't simply pay for one as a panic measure. Wait for it. We've scored what? 10 goals in 3 games? Doesn't seem to be a problem ATM, and we haven't had the number 10 (Rooney) for the last two games. Number 10s are far more important IMO than 9s.
I think we will struggle to score goals in Europe though.

Saha, in his limited appearances in the CL seems out of his depth. I do however rate him in the league obviously.

Rooney hasn't got a European goal since his debut 3 against Fenerbace.

I agree though that panic buying is not the answer. But I guess any striker is a bit of a gamble. Even Ruud was when we signed him.

Dreaded

WeasteDevil said:

Not the same thing at all!! We have Ole and smith coming back from injury and they simply aren't match fit yet. We therefore had 3 strikers who were Ronney, Saha and Rossi. If Ole just isn't up to it anymore, which we really hope is not the case as he is one of my all time favourite players, what do we do??

We are left with 3 strikers!!

Talking about panic buying is non-sensical. We let the player go!! If we don't have someone lined up we are leaving ourselves very short upfront IMO.

Do you really believe 4 strikers, 2 returing from very long injuries layoffs is enough???

Mainoldo

GaryLifo said:
I think we will struggle to score goals in Europe though.

Saha, in his limited appearances in the CL seems out of his depth. I do however rate him in the league obviously.

Rooney hasn't got a European goal since his debut 3 against Fenerbace.

I agree though that panic buying is not the answer. But I guess any striker is a bit of a gamble. Even Ruud was when we signed him.
Trezeguet's got a good CL goalscoring record!! we'll be fine;)

Stretch

Trez...interesting topic this. His dad (agent) had been seen in Manchester and London. I think he is desperate for a move and I think we might nick him on loan, why not? He is a proven goalscorer. As long as we don't sign him for an outlandish amount I will be satisfied. Though I think the surprise tomorrow will probably not come though if it happens, I pray it is Mascherano.

032Devil

We don't need to panic buy a striker.

We need to panic buy a DM.

Neither will happen.

Knocker West

It's all going crazy now!! We have 23 hours left!! This place is getting mad!!

Torture!!!

Especially for the MCMB!!! Muppet & Championship Manager Brigade!

toxic04

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IM SO EXCITED!

On a serious note you would have to think we have lined up another striker.