[Merged] Rossi to Newcastle - surely this means we have tied up a striker deal

neo2002

If tomorrow at midnight comes witout us signing a player, I would offer all of caf`s members a treat, `cuz I would gladly post a picture of me eating a handful of shit (and enjoying it), and post the picture here - as a tribute to a fellow caf member that promised that, but didn`t go through with it... So I got like 22 hours left, right?

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
People have got to realise that with our debts, transfer funds are limited, or at least closely monitored. There is no way we can be going out, spending money on a new striker, when its clear that the midfield is the one that needs sorting out. Its simple math actually. If strikers are our concerns, then we wouldn't have loan out Rossi. Simple as that. SAF is planning to rotate between first choice of Rooney and Saha, with Smith and Ole as backups. If need be, even Giggs or Ronaldo will be deploy upfront. As for Rossi, he was loaned out to gain valuable experience. If there is anybody coming in, it will be a midfielder, or at best a striker on loan.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If one player is coming, I am convinced this will be Trezeguet

Cali Red

If it's fecking Trezuget it better have been for a bag of balls and nothing more.:mad:

united06

I'm glad Rossi is going to a decent club...

He should get some first team action and hopefully by January if his loan contract isn't exended he should be a much more useful and experienced player...

Cali Red

I'm happy for the youngster too. Maybe some first team action will help us to keep him around too. I was starting to worry that he'd want to be sold to a team so he could play. The boy has got to be getting tired fo the reserves.

heffa

Big cow?
united06 said:
I'm glad Rossi is going to a decent club...

He should get some first team action and hopefully by January if his loan contract isn't exended he should be a much more useful and experienced player...
If we sign someone it is a good move if we don't it is not a good move.

Red17

Obviously, Saha & Rooney will start whenever they are available, so that leaves Ole, Smith & Rossi to come off the bench and the odd starts. But with Ole & Smith needing games to build up their match fitness - they will take priority over Rossi.

So this loan move for Rossi till the end of the year will allow Rossi more games in the Premiership as well as UEFA Cup (which will not leave him cup-tied). And at the same time Ole & Smith will get their match sharpness back. So come January, Rossi can return to provide real competition to the rest of our strikers having proven his mettle (hopefully) domestically & in Europe.

heffa

Big cow?
Red17 said:
Obviously, Saha & Rooney will start whenever they are available, so that leaves Ole, Smith & Rossi to come off the bench and the odd starts. But with Ole & Smith needing games to build up their match fitness - they will take priority over Rossi.

So this loan move for Rossi till the end of the year will allow Rossi more games in the Premiership as well as UEFA Cup (which will not leave him cup-tied). And at the same time Ole & Smith will get their match sharpness back. So come January, Rossi can return to provide real competition to the rest of our strikers having proven his mettle (hopefully) domestically & in Europe.
What happens when Saha is injured(you know he will be), Rooney banned(his gonna get a red at some stage you just know it) and we find out Ole is past his use by date?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Serious question:
Is Rossi supposed to get more games at Newcastle as they just bought Martins?
As long as he does not get games on a regular basis, i'd rather send him to a 2nd division or a relegation candidate team.

I doubt we buy a striker, as we already have 4 strikes who could do a job. We dont need more than that

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
heffa said:
What happens when Saha is injured(you know he will be), Rooney banned(his gonna get a red at some stage you just know it) and we find out Ole is past his use by date?
Play Smith and Scholes / Giggs / Ronaldo behind him. No problem

heffa

Big cow?
Michel04 said:
Serious question:
Is Rossi supposed to get more games at Newcastle as they just bought Martins?
As long as he does not get games on a regular basis, i'd rather send him to a 2nd division or a relegation candidate team.

I doubt we buy a striker, as we already have 4 strikes who could do a job. We dont need more than that
With two strikers on the field and Owen injured, Shearer retired. Who does that leaves Ameobi, Martins and Rossi.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
heffa said:
With two strikers on the field and Owen injured, Shearer retired. Who does that leaves Ameobi, Martins and Rossi.
Just read that Martins' out for about 2 weeks.

I wish him all the best and it would be great if he could get a place in the starting XI. I'm even thinking of watching Newcastle games :)

Red17

heffa said:
We just get on with it.

At the end of the day, Fergie makes a decision in the best interest of the club & player balancing the immediate & longer term objectives. Is it you or Fergie that has the most relevant and up-to-date information to make these decisions?

What if Rossi is fed up that he's not got enough games this season and decides he wants to leave & sign for an Italian club that comes in for him? What if Saha & Rooney cannot play but because none of Ole, Smith or Rossi have a decent run of games or playing time, they're not up to scratch for the role?

What happened last season when we loan David Jones out to NEC Nijmegen even though Scholes was out, Keane was released, Fortune had not recovered, Smithy broke his leg? We got on with it. And David Jones came back to us this season a revelation in Preston & NEC. Voted next to Huntelaar as best young player in the Dutch league. And now he's ready to push on in United's first team.

heffa

Big cow?
Michel04 said:

I wish him all the best and it would be great if he could get a place in the starting XI. I'm even thinking of watching Newcastle games :)
Good point with Martins out or a short time aswell that'ld leave them the prospect of Ameobi as their only striker if they did not loan Rossi.

heffa

Big cow?
Red17 said:
We just get on with it.

At the end of the day, Fergie makes a decision in the best interest of the club & player balancing the immediate & longer term objectives. Is it you or Fergie that has the most relevant and up-to-date information to make these decisions?

What if Rossi is fed up that he's not got enough games this season and decides he wants to leave & sign for an Italian club that comes in for him? What if Saha & Rooney cannot play but because none of Ole, Smith or Rossi have a decent run of games or playing time, they're not up to scratch for the role?
We will get on with it, but the question is how?

Red17

Michel04 said:

Ameobi is also currently out injured. As is Dyer. Luque's form is poor. So Rossi, in current form is good bet for first team pick, or at least for the bench.

Red17

heffa said:
We will get on with it, but the question is how?
As we've always done, of course!

I just quoted you a great example in our CM dept last season in my earlier post! :houllier:

You're dealing with ifs and you want to cover every possibility 100%. If you're the manager, you'll realise that you'd end up with a 30 player squad, spent more wages than you can afford and have unhappy players because they aren't playing enough.

heffa

Big cow?
Red17 said:
Ameobi is also currently out injured. As is Dyer. Luque's form is poor. So Rossi, in current form is good bet for first team pick, or at least for the bench.
Ameobi is injured as well, well that is why they are fecking desperate to get anyone as Luque is injured as well so they wouldn't have a fit striker at all without Rossi. He'll start upfront alone next match.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
heffa said:
Ameobi is injured as well, well that is why they are fecking desperate to get anyone as Luque is injured as well so they wouldn't have a fit striker at all without Rossi. He'll start upfront alone next match.
That would be great if Rossi would start in the next 4-5 games. IMO it's not a problem to play him instantly, he's got all the talent.

heffa

Big cow?
Michel04 said:
That would be great if Rossi would start in the next 4-5 games. IMO it's not a problem to play him instantly, he's got all the talent.
The only problem for him at United is players like Rooney and Saha. As there is no way he is going to start infront of them. A loan is the best thing for him however we need someone who can play upfront incase of injuries. Sir alex will either have a contengency plan incase of injury or will sign some dud. There's the possibility of Tevez or Trezeguet but they are LONG LONG shots and look highly unlikely. We'll know in a day.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
heffa said:
The only problem for him at United is players like Rooney and Saha. As there is no way he is going to start infront of them. A loan is the best thing for him however we need someone who can play upfront incase of injuries. Sir alex will either have a contengency plan incase of injury or will sign some dud. There's the possibility of Tevez or Trezeguet but they are LONG LONG shots and look highly unlikely. We'll know in a day.
To loan him out is perfect for Rossi, especially if he can play on a regular basis.

Right now, we dont need another striker, as we have Rooney, Smith, Ole and Saha and Giggs, Ronaldo and Scholes who could play upfront aswell. All we need now is a quality midfielder and we have a very strong squad!

SATA

How many games would Rossi would play at the barcodes? Martins and Ameobi will be back soon. And when fit, they are the two who will start upfront. Luque is third choice, leaving Rossi down the pecking order.

I hope Sir Alex has some agreement in the loan contract that Rossi must play a certain number of games like 15-20 if they want to have him. Otherwise, it's just a stupid strange move for me.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Mascherano is the man we need. most people knew this right after the world cup. i dont know why we left it so late. ill be very dissapointed if we dont sign him.

Rolledo

a bit puzzled by this move.. if he's good enough to start/ sub for Newcastle, why isn't he good enough to start/ sub for us?.. not saying Newcastle is as good a team, mind, just a bit puzzling..

WAZZA-UP

I'm so confused... I really can't see SAF letting Rossi go unless there is a deal already done. I sincerely hope I'm not wrong. The mas rumours surrounding MAscherano & Tevez to, W.Ham are making me feel sick,crazy I know... but I just can't understand it!!

AARONTHERED

im disrespectful to the forum ladies-please abuse
Do you cnuts even know anything about Trezeguet?

He's going to score far more goals than Saha, Ole and Smith combined if he comes. Plus, I'm buying his shirt. Class name.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
neo2002 said:
If tomorrow at midnight comes witout us signing a player, I would offer all of caf`s members a treat, `cuz I would gladly post a picture of me eating a handful of shit (and enjoying it), and post the picture here - as a tribute to a fellow caf member that promised that, but didn`t go through with it... So I got like 22 hours left, right?
Excuse me. I didnt go through with it because the condition upon which it hinged didnt happen.

Knocker West

I've gotta agree. We must have lined up another more experienced striker! Too bad Tevez and Mascherano are going to the Hammers!!!

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
It is gonna be Trez on loan. I am quite happy about it too. He scored plenty of goals in the previous two seasons at Juve and will do a decent job of providing Saha with competition.

Now only a midfielder needed. With Mascherano going to West Ham, lets make a late bid for Reo Coker!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Rossi was probably desperate for regular first team play. He's finally being noticed by the Italian National team after his fine display for their U-21s earlier this month.

I don't think we are getting any other striker in. Fergie is taking a huge, huge risk on this one.

Rossi could do brilliantly for Newcastle, scoring the goals that take them towards the top of the league. Meanwhile, a couple of injuries and we could be short up front and it will be obvious that Fergie has made a mistake.

If we do not suffer too badly with injuries then maybe this is the right thing to do. We've seen that Rossi's finishing has been unusually poor in the pre-season. If he goes to Newcastle and has the confidence of playing regularly in the PL then he could come back to us in January a much better player. It has been hard to see him getting any action for United so far this season.

VoetbalWizard

R0nald0 said:
It is gonna be Trez on loan. I am quite happy about it too. He scored plenty of goals in the previous two seasons at Juve and will do a decent job of providing Saha with competition.

Now only a midfielder needed. With Mascherano going to West Ham, lets make a late bid for Reo Coker!

nope, we're unveiling the 're-signing' of Alan Smith! a class striker, who has a 50% goals/games ratio like trezeguet and brilliant club goal ratios as well.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
VoetbalWizard said:
nope, we're unveiling the 're-signing' of Alan Smith! a class striker, who has a 50% goals/games ratio like trezeguet and brilliant club goal ratios as well.
Youre talking bollocks. Trezeguet is one of the most lethal strikers in the world while Smith is a forward which is renowned for his workrate but not for his goals rate. In few words they are two different type of players.

If SAF is sending Rossi into loan its either because he is bringing in a new striker or else because he believes that Ole had returned to his best. I have more faith in the former opinion rather then the latter, the reason being that the second option is a big big mistake.

hardyboy

Aren't we buying those 2 players from Reading ? This is really a joke. West Ham getting Argentinian world cup stars and we are buying Reading players. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

2red4U

We'll let Chelsea make a 9-10 pts gap by January, and then we'll make a record of 15 wins in a row with Rossi scoring 15 goals, making this season the most exciting in the past 5-6 years and winning the trophy