Merih Demiral

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We weren't scoring with him on the pitch.
We missed very good chances and we hit the post because of his mistake isn't it

Rashford missed one which was called offside, he was on.
Ronaldo missed one. Rashford hit the post, Fred chance.

We took our chances in the second half (also created more)

Fletchageddon

No, you have to base your opinion on him around the one tackle he actually got on Rashford. Come on man,you'll never be a muppet if you come in here with factually correct memories of games and players.

Sea-Cow

I know I am lame but I loved his celebration after that tackle. And to be fair it was a great tackle!

Crimson King

I know I am lame but I loved his celebration after that tackle. And to be fair it was a great tackle!
I feel like Rashford should never have given him a chance to get back, the shot should have come way sooner.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like Rashford should never have given him a chance to get back, the shot should have come way sooner.
He sort of lost his momentum waiting for the ball to curl around him, by the time he got it out of his feet it gave the defender time to come back.

I do think he thought he had more time than he expected also, but you have to say well done to the defender for not giving up and watching like most would.

He was certainly a big player for them last night.

Andersons Dietician

is he on loan there? I seem to recall rumblings last year or the year before that he was keeping DeLigt out the Juventus team and was now seen as the up and coming prospect over him. First time I’ve ever really seen him and got to admit I like what I saw. Someone who actually likes defending.

Oranges038

Mediocre player comes to Old Trafford and plays a blinder for one night only.

Definitely never saw this happen before.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
is he on loan there? I seem to recall rumblings last year or the year before that he was keeping DeLigt out the Juventus team and was now seen as the up and coming prospect over him. First time I’ve ever really seen him and got to admit I like what I saw. Someone who actually likes defending.
He was establishing himself as a starter at the end of 2019 but then suffered the ACL injury. Couldn't get back to that level fast enough for Juve's liking which made them send him out on loan. Something similar to what happened with Cristian Romero could be in the making. It's reported there is a €30m buyout clause in the loan deal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Happened vs Leicester with people talking about Tielemans and even then some Leicester fans calling him inconsistent.

Andersons Dietician

He was establishing himself as a starter at the end of 2019 but then suffered the ACL injury. Couldn't get back to that level fast enough for Juve's liking which made them send him out on loan. Something similar to what happened with Cristian Romero could be in the making. It's reported there is a €30m buyout clause in the loan deal.
That seems like a crazy low fee for someone who was considered an elite prospect not that long ago. Ok based off of only what I saw yesterday but if he puts in performances like that on the regular then surely he’d be an asset for many bigger teams.

Oranges038

Happened vs Leicester with people talking about Tielemans and even then some Leicester fans calling him inconsistent.

Salisu in the Southampton game too this season.

I'm fairly sure it's happened plenty of other times.

Sea-Cow

Haha it does seem to happen often. Arnaut Danjuma looked like a Juventus era Henry the other night.

Edit -- I am not saying he is mediocre. I don't know if he is or not, but he just looked very good against us and then I looked him up and saw he used to be at Southampton and yet I have no memory of him.

Sea-Cow

Easy to say but I thought he should have maybe taken it to the right, to cut off Demiral's angle. Oh well, it lead to me getting a kick out of a maniac getting up and celebrating a great tackle like a game winner.

beingshe7don

Been a huge fan of Demiral and he played fairly well against us yesterday but is far too injury prone. I still think Maguire is too complacent of his place in the side. He may have scored a goal but has been atrocious in the past two games. I would like for us to consider getting in Fofana or Kounde. We need 3 solid CBs to keep our starting CBs on their toes. Maguire knows for a fact that he'll always start and that complacency leads to not being held accountable.

Strelok

We weren't scoring with him on the pitch.
Agreed I was really impressed with him.

Imo it was because he was injured by that. You could notice his hurtful expression when he was celebrating his goal. Prior to that we didn't have any real chance I think. Then in the second half when he was subbed the whole Atalanta defense dropped a level or two. Maybe because of that, maybe because of we upped our game, maybe both.

He was impressive prior to his injury I think, especially his tackle against Rashford and his goal. He pussed Shaw just enough to not be called a foul, got in the right position then proceeded to head the ball beautifully.

Would like to have some opinions from the Serie A fans if possible.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agreed I was really impressed with him.

Imo it was because he was injured by that. You could notice his hurtful expression when he was celebrating his goal. Prior to that we didn't have any real chance I think. Then in the second half when he was subbed the whole Atalanta defense dropped a level or two. Maybe because of that, maybe because of we upped our game, maybe both.

He was impressive prior to his injury I think, especially his tackle against Rashford and his goal. He pussed Shaw just enough to not be called a foul, got in the right position then proceeded to head the ball beautifully.

Would like to have some opinions from the Serie A fans if possible.
Rashford missed one vs one chance which he dragged wide, ref called it offside but it was onside. Fred's clear chance which he took with his right foot, Ronaldo chance which he hit straight to the keeper. All were easy chances to score.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Being linked to this fella' again, most reports coming from Turkey.

Haven't seen him play this year....I dont think so anyway, despite watching a reasonable amount of Serie A for once.

He doing well ?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

Being linked to this fella' again, most reports coming from Turkey.

Haven't seen him play this year....I dont think so anyway, despite watching a reasonable amount of Serie A for once.

He doing well ?
Energetic yet pretty rude, you will see him against Ronaldo on Friday.