Merih Demiral

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Red_toad, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Jul 19, 2019

Red_toad Full Member

2. Jul 19, 2019

Fosu-Mens Full Member

Rather have him than Maguire. More suited to a high pressing team. Don't see Juventus willing to sell him for the same as they bought him from Sass, if willing to sell him at all.
  3. Jul 19, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Bullshit. The Turkish press use our name all the time.
  4. Jul 19, 2019

izec Full Member

Should have bought him a few weeks ago.

Andersen was also going for cheap to Lyon previously.

If we go for someone other than Maguire, i think it will be Milenkovic.
  5. Jul 19, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

6. Jul 19, 2019

settembrini Full Member

This guy has had a very strange career so far.

January 2019 he moved from Sporting to Alanyaspor and then in the same window moved again to Sassuolo. He was only there for a couple of months before Juventus signed him and is now supposed to be moving again already?
  7. Jul 19, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Inane link. Why would we consider signing a guy who just signed for another club?
  8. Jul 19, 2019

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Makes you think there's something underhand going on here.
  9. Jul 19, 2019

poleglass red Full Member

seems strange, maybe they think with signing De Ligt that this lad won't get much playing time maybe. I honestly think we don't have any other options, it's Maguire or nobody and maybe these press snippets are designed to make Leicester think we've other options
  10. Jul 19, 2019

Santos J Full Member

He went on loan to Alanyaspor in August, they used their option to buy in Jan and loaned him with option to buy to Sass for double what they paid. Not exactly dodgy, just made them a quick profit as he impressed.
  11. Jul 19, 2019

Red_toad Full Member

Maybe he's now available as they signed De Ligt? Juve looking for a quick profit. Only seen him play once v France, he was very very good, no idea if he can maintain that kind of performance.
  12. Jul 19, 2019

vanderpants New Member

More press bullcrap and not even a reliable source
  13. Jul 19, 2019

Cliche Guevara Full Member

Is he even allowed to register and play for another club so quickly, if he’s already been at three this year?
  14. Jul 19, 2019

Halal Jalal New Member

It depends on the price in my opinion. Demiral was absolutely stellar against France and his Youtube highlights from Seria A look promising too - excellent aggressive tackler, maybe not as confident on the ball as Maguire but considerably quicker. Maguire might be the better player right now, but Leicester's asking price is genuinely insane. Demiral doesn't seem to be that much worse and could potentially become better after a season in PL. Maybe our new Vidic?

If Juventus are willing to sell him for 30, 35 million or so, I'd definitely pŕefer this guy to Maguire and spend the surplus money on appropriate midfield partners for PP.
  15. Jul 19, 2019

Nr.7 New Member

We should get him and loan him out with an option to buy, but then be loaned back to us if he’s bought.
  16. Jul 19, 2019

piesel New Member

Chiellini is already injured and he's not on the plane for the Juve Asian tour, he will be 35 in a few weeks and he's showing some noticeable wear and tear; don't think Juve will take the risk to sell a very promising and young player.
  17. Jul 19, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Perhaps. But I'm not convinced. He was signed, like De ligt for their future. And can play rb. Which should get him. an assured squad slot if Cancelo leaves. The link plain doesn't make sense
  18. Jul 19, 2019

Le Red Full Member

Screams money laundering scheme to me.
  19. Jul 19, 2019

United Pro Full Member

If I remember correctly Sassuolo had an agreement with Juve last year to sell him for €18m this summer. If Juve sell this summer, it is because they are looking for a quick profit. I read Milan are interested in him.
  20. Jul 19, 2019

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

Juventus tend to have good scouts who would snap a promising talent especially if he's on cheap. If the price is right then they will sell him fora profit.
  21. Jul 19, 2019

Gandalf Full Member

Seems a little unlikely unless Juve get an offer they can't refuse. With 2 aging CBs they have a need to renew that area of the team and obviously de Ligt replaces one but that still leaves another hole to be filled in the near future and this lad would seem to fit the bill if his potential is as claimed. I guess with all of their transfer business, particularly if they do end up buying Icardi, it might make sense to turn a quick profit to balance the books.
  22. Jul 19, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

No other options than Maguire for £80m, that is the kind of fee should get interest from clubs for 99% of the best centre backs around. Hermoso just went to Ateltico for £25m odd, Kabak to Shalke for similar.

We are already missing out on options far cheaper but Koulibailly, Romagnoli, Konate, Upamecano, the first two would be very hard to buy and probably similar if not even higher fees but the latter two I think are very achievable and all four are much better centre backs than Maguire and there are several other options too I could think of let alone the names coming up like this one I have never heard of.

I would still like us to sign two personally and sell half of the ones we currently have but the only option being a good but very over priced centre back, get outta here
  23. Jul 19, 2019

Cliche Guevara Full Member

Who the feck are these guys?
  24. Jul 19, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

Two really good young centre backs you have obviously never heard of but you will know of Hermoso over the next couple of years I feel
  25. Jul 20, 2019

Okey Full Member

Hermoso is already playing for Spain. Very astute signing by Atleti. You just wonder why our scouting team never get to these types. Left footed to boot!
  26. Jul 20, 2019

Redcy Full Member

They possibly have but we have bought our share of "up and coming" defenders without one world class one to show for all the money spent.
  27. Jul 20, 2019

Nep77 New Member

What exactly we did by signing Bailey and Lindelof than? :houllier:
  28. Jul 20, 2019

Okey Full Member

Fair enough. I suppose it's a lottery at the end of the day...
  29. Jul 20, 2019

RedSky likes to kick 10-year-olds Scout

Know nothing about him but looking at whoscored he had:

37.7 passes per game with 77.3% accuracy in Turkey
    50.4 passes per game with 87.0% accuracy in Italy

Not exactly promising on the ball.
  30. Jul 20, 2019

reddevil1510 New Member

Going from an experienced defender who is expected to lead our defence to a 21 year old kid. Screams of the things we would do !!
  31. Jul 20, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

Never heard of him. Can anybody who has seen him play give any insight please?
  32. Jul 20, 2019

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    Really fishy. How can they be laundering money through these deals though?

Is he affiliated to any shady agents?
  33. Jul 20, 2019

Halal Jalal New Member

Maguire's stat from previous season is 56.4 passes per game with 85% accuracy, barely better. But generally I agree though, Demiral is more like Vidic than Rio.

In theory, the perfect CB pairing is a physical, aggressive stopper and an intelligent, covering ball-player (think Chiellini and Bonucci). I believe Demiral could be our stopper while Lindelof has shown some promise last season as a ball-playing CB. Maguire is probably better than both of them right now, but for 80 million we should get a world class player and Maguire certainly isn't one. Demiral has that potential.
  34. Jul 20, 2019

Nights Full Member

Spanish player wanting to play in Spain... surprised?
  35. Jul 20, 2019

nonetheless New Member

Supports:
    Juve
    The story is most likely BS. Juve had already an option to buy him in January, they organised the purchase with Sassuolo, and Sassuolo would have a percentage on any sale over the next 2 years, so a sale would make sense only for a very high price.
    Milan is rumored to have asked for him but so far the only option offered by Juve, IF Sarri decides he will not need him this year, is a loan or a sale with option to buy back. I can never exclude a sale by Juve but given the context it would require a very high price certainly not below 40M since the club will certainly need another CB next year if not this already.

The guy has had a fantastic second half of the season becoming a starter with Sassuolo immediately and had a great game with Turkey. Hi is a physical marker not a passer so he would be the ideal sub for Chielini. He is also very good with his head and can score.
    Juve also bought another quite good young CB, Romero who has been left on loan to Genoa.

I think next year the best out of Romero, Demiral and Rugani will stay on long term and the other two will be sold, but I do not think it will happen now
  36. Jul 20, 2019

Arogantni New Member

Supports:
    Zeljeznicar
    Juventus brought him to Italy in synergy with Sassuolo because Juventus did not have NON EU spot last year and once when player come to Italy that rule erases (Juventus convinced demiral and his representatives to accept sassuolo deal because he had other offers). Sassuolo bought him for 7.5mil euro and sell with double earning to balance their book (15mil plus 3mil bonuses). Also Sassuolo this summer rejected 25 mil from Atletico de Madrid because in every case they did not want to ruin their relationship with Juventus and broke earlier agreement (because there are many transfers between that two clubs especially loans from Juventus to Sassuolo). In Italy Juventus have had best relations with Sassuolo and almost every time have used them to balance financial books or using them for synergy transfers.
  37. Jul 20, 2019

AKDevil Full Member

Depends on a couple of things. If they activated a pre-agreed option to buy it might count as a transfer from a previous window (like Chelsea were able to do so with Kovacic even though banned from registering new players). If so, he is then allowed to be sold on for profit. Also, you can be registered with three different clubs in one season but only play for two.
  38. Jul 20, 2019

mav_9me Full Member

Thanks for the explanation.
  39. Jul 21, 2019

Sterling Archer New Member

Sheesh that's some shady stuff
  40. Jul 22, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

All the more worrying really then isnt it. Who knows if it was scouts or management decisions but Rojo never looked that good before we signed him and Lindelof for Benfica was always nothing more than average to me. Didnt know anything of Bailly bar the Liverpool game to judge but generally our signings have been so poor the money thrown at pretty average players Depay, Lindelof, Rojo, Bailly, Herrera, Fred, Matic etc etc, amazing the amount of money we have spent on players not got me that excited at all when we have signed them.....kind of expect us to end up making a last minute move for Diaz this window, would be a typical poor average buy from us

Signing centre backs isnt easy though, just look at the money City have thrown at centre backs and pretty much the first one they signed in Kompany when they ad money was a million miles above any they have signed since