Merson's Predictions

Player Red

predicting both Spurs and Liverpool to win was stupid. Both off the back of Europa league matches with tough league fixtures. Spurs particularly are usually poor after Thursday football.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
predicting both Spurs and Liverpool to win was stupid. Both off the back of Europa league matches with tough league fixtures. Spurs particularly are usually poor after Thursday football.
Can see Sputs winning, not Liverpool though. Think you'll beat Swansea.

Last edited:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's using no logic when making these predictions. It's always 'Arsenal are going to beat this team easily' even though Palace have been a decent side since Pardew took over. It's possible we'll draw with Swansea but he's spouting the same shit week in and week out. I'm just surprised he's predicted Spurs to win.

Getsme

I’m surprised he didn’t predict for both Liverpool and Southampton to win.

Glanville95

I get the feeling this chump doesn't like us a great deal.
I get the feeling that he doesn't think United are 'great' and people have been saying contrary to that. Merse has been having to remind us for about six weeks running that he doesn't rate United. His analysis and prediction are practically copied and pasted every week. Same goes for Arsenal.

This really shouldn't annoy me, but how a dense imbecile like this gets air time is beyond me.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It best not end 1-1. Swansea are in awful form and look completely disinterested. I've got no idea how he's come to his conclusion.
Our last few away game results:

Villa 1 - 1 United
Spurs 0 - 0 United
Stoke 1 - 1 United
QPR 0 - 2 United
Westham 1 - 1 United

I think we should beat Swansea, but I don't think the prediction is that far fetched. We're still struggling to create going forward and we haven't been great away from home especially this season. Its not like any of our strikers are scoring for fun at the moment.

devil in me

People really need to chill out about Merson's predictions. He hasn't been far off with us all season and 1-1 tomorrow isn't ridiculous. The way people are going on, you'd think that we were in the form of our lives. If we play like we did against West Ham, and most teams recently, then we will be lucky to get 1.
Merson is a prat, but for many other reasons than his predictions!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Swansea are in crap form, but we are utterly unconvincing as well. Our away form is garbage too. 1-1 is a fair prediction. I think we'll win, but I can understand why he doesn't think that. A lot of his predictions since Spurs away have been fairly accurate.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't think there's a better left footer than Chris Brunt in the world Jeff. He can do things other players can't, if Messi had done that we'd be going mad. The cream always rises to the top.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The 1-1 prediction for Swansea is fair, it was the 1-1 prediction against Leicester that proved he's pissed out of his head when he makes them.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Our away form has been shite. Merson is a United hating prick, but in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me too much if we drew this game.

SalfordRed1960

He's predicting the same stuff because we're playing the same rubbish.
That's true. But we are playing another team and you would expect the predictor to take into account the form of the other team as well.

So for United vs Swansea, we have an out of form Swansea, playing fairly poorly, who are likely to raise their game playing a United side that is hard to beat (Home and away) with their normal strikers having difficulty creating chances. So based on that you are more likely to say, I can't see United losing.

Having seen AdM starting to get some form back and a steady back 4, I would be very surprised if we did not win this one.

Cassidy

That's true. But we are playing another team and you would expect the predictor to take into account the form of the other team as well.

So for United vs Swansea, we have an out of form Swansea, playing fairly poorly, who are likely to raise their game playing a United side that is hard to beat (Home and away) with their normal strikers having difficulty creating chances. So based on that you are more likely to say, I can't see United losing.

Having seen AdM starting to get some form back and a steady back 4, I would be very surprised if we did not win this one.
He didn't predict United to loose, he predicted a draw which is a very good prediction considering our last set of away results. Doens't matter if Swansea are out of form, so we're Villa.

SalfordRed1960

He didn't predict United to loose, he predicted a draw which is a very good prediction considering our last set of away results. Doens't matter if Swansea are out of form, so we're Villa.
We will have to disagree, the likes of Spurs, Stoke and WHU away are a tad harder to play than Swansea. And Swansea's form is very relevant.

Cassidy

We will have to disagree, the likes of Spurs, Stoke and WHU away are a tad harder to play than Swansea. And Swansea's form is very relevant.
What about West Brom, Villa? Not to mention Cambridge, I think we'll win, but the prediction isn't far fetched.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
So how many points away is he now? Two? Three?
Remind me - why are his predictions for United are so funny again?

Sylar

He was wrong. How could he say we were going to get a point. Silly.

Ryan7

As much as Merson is a tw@t, I don't see how his prediction for today was so bad. Even before the match I thought the same. We're dire away from home, a point wouldn't of been surprising.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
So how many points away is he now? Two? Three?
Remind me - why are his predictions for United are so funny again?
It's more his comments which get tiresome. He literally copy and pastes " They aren't impressing me" into every prediction now. It's fine that it's his opinion, we haven't been impressive by any means; it's just that we get it.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
It's more his comments which get tiresome. He literally copy and pastes " They aren't impressing me" into every prediction now. It's fine that it's his opinion, we haven't been impressive by any means; it's just that we get it.
Ah. fair enough.

Acole9

Outstanding
Come on guys cut the bloke some slack. The poor guy was on the verge of tears when Burnley equalised against his boys today.

U99ted

He's too generous towards us. He actually thought we'd draw against Southampton & Swansea.

NJM78

He's actually gone with my prediction for once. No one can blame Merson (although a complete tool) for not backing us winning away. Hope we are both wrong.

NJM78

he's put a hex on us...im convinced anyway. We'll hammer Newcastle.
Yeah he does tend to sh1t on us with his predictions. We have a good record at St James, even Moyes managed a 0-4 win although we lost 0-1 at OT. Lets see if Philosophy man can manage a win. Personally I believe we drop points on Weds that's us truly screwed.

Zoo

Merson praised us on the weekend and admitted that he has been especially critical this season. I reckon he got a bit of a reality check after Arsenal's embarrassing performance against Monaco, that it's not all about how pretty the football is.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Manchester United v Arsenal (Monday, 7.45pm)

United are waiting to be on the end of something and I can see them losing two or three nil before the end of the season.

However, they always seem to save something for Arsenal. I remember a couple of seasons ago when Arsenal headed to Old Trafford absolutely flying and United found a way to stop them.

It’s an incredibly tough one to call and I’m going to have to sit on the fence and go for a draw.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1
Roughly translates to "I really want somebody to batter United this season."

Anyhow, He was never going to predict us going through against his team was he.