Message from Sir Alex Ferguson

Al-T

I know I sound like a spoiled brat when I say it but.... United just isn't the same anymore for me after SAF. I am 25. SAF is all I knew...
I'm 54 and feel pretty much the same way. Amid all the hype and bollocks and filthy lucre of the Premiership, he understood what football means to people. Illness can feck off. You're not taking down this titan just yet.

Eddy_JukeZ

What a man.

Mr. Manchester United himself :D

I wish we could travel back in time and appreciate those years more. We all took it for granted :(

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Such a relief to see him talking. He looks quite healthy too, looks like he has lost some weight and I don't remember the last time his nose wasn't red.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's only ever going to be one manager like him. Glad I witnessed those years. So many good memories. True Legend.

Ban

To say he's a legend is understatement. He's looking good and healthy. Never met him but he feels like a Family to me. :)

Sing you a song

Almost brings a tear to my eye a timely reminder from the great man himself .
The biggest football club in the world was led by the greatest manager of all time .
Now come on boys make us proud again do it for Fergie

Acole9

Outstanding
What a way to brighten up your day. There should be way more pages than this for the great man, get out of the transfer forum for a few moments, we're Manchester United not Signchester United.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It didn't look or sound like He had a brain hemorrhage at all.

He's already looking forward for next season, what a legend :devil:.

CA_vampire

Get well Sir Alex!

And if you find retirement boring and you want to get back to football management, we the fans will be ecstatic, haha!

meamth

I'd literally cry if I see shots of him in the stand this season. Please don't push yourself too hard Sir Alex!

Sterling Archer

Is it weird that I had tears well up watching this? The man has been one of my personal inspirations in life, a role model for keeping strong in the face of any troubles. It's so good to see him recovering well. And at the same time he's a bit thinner than I recall in some years. Godspeed with a full recovery Sir Alex.

meamth

Is it weird that I had tears well up watching this? The man has been one of my personal inspirations in life, a role model for keeping strong in the face of any troubles. It's so good to see him recovering well. And at the same time he's a bit thinner than I recall in some years. Godspeed with a full recovery Sir Alex.
He cheered millions, perhaps billions of people around the world. Those who support united through his era has been celebrating football for many many years and we are lucky to have him. United won't have billions of fans without his success and he really is a father figure to everyone who supports this club.

I'm emotional too, I was there Sir Alex, I witnessed your greatness and I'm glad you're back!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He looks good, hopefully he is completely recovered and enjoys his retirement

Ashley R1+O

It is not weird at all, just hearing his voice made me get goosebumps. It is a human emotional psychologically cognitive response to feel an array of emotions.

Glad to hear the man is doing well. Long may it continue!

buchansleftleg

This video has taken me back to that first title win under Sir Alex.

I remember starting the party on the night of the Villa game. Of all the cities in the world to be in I was visiting mates in Leeds. Well a group of us basically took over a corner of the pub and celebrated winning the title in style.

It was a bank holiday weekend with United playing at Home on the Monday against Blackburn. Even though I had spent the whole of a weekend partying and enjoying the win, it wasn't until I saw the footage on sky of Sir Matt Busby in the crowd that it really hit home.

The joy and relief on his face just broke me and I dissolved into tears. He had finally seen his great club get back onto the top tier in England. Sadly he was not there to see us take our place back in the top tier of Europe in 1999.

This team and our fans owe it to Sir Alex to bring the title back to Old Trafford so that he knows we are back on track once more.

He has shown the fight necessary, time and again.

Time for the club, players and fans to follow his lead.

Sizlack

What a man.

Mr. Manchester United himself :D

I wish we could travel back in time and appreciate those years more. We all took it for granted :(

I don't think the older fans took him/it all for granted, we knew how special it was. Maybe a few younger fans thought it would be like that all the time. But us old boys knew we would be in big trouble when the big man finally left.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
All I've ever known about football and all I have learnt and enjoyed, is down to one man, Sir Alex, what a guy a man mountain of a character. He's Manchester United and thank to all the staff at the hospital to getting this great man back on his feet again.

promisedlanchiao

As I said in the favourite season thread, I only started supporting United in 2008-09 as a youngster. And despite us winning trophies in 2 of the 4 seasons so far in life after Fergie, the 5 seasons from 2008-2013 under Fergie were still the best years footballing wise in my time as a Football and United fan. The excitement leading up to every game was insane.

Thank You God for helping Sir Alex through this. Welcome back Mr Manchester United.

9 Stone Elvis

Best news of the summer so far! When he fell ill I was shocked how much it upset me, possibly more than some relatives being ill. You forget how much of a constant he has been for so long for so many of us and almost took his invincibility for granted!

He looks in remarkable shape when you consider the stats for recovery from what happened to him, they made sober reading at the time so to see him clearly recovering is fantastic.

Erics_Collar

Just a heads up - a Scottish politician Sir Alex Fergusson (also knighted) passed away today so don't give yourself a fright when you see any clickbait titles around the web.

I already fell for one on another forum and got an enormous fright when I read the title.

Member 113277

Absolutely delighted to hear him sounding so coherent and talking so positively.

FujiVice

Back again. Video message from Scholesy charity dinner.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Back again. Video message from Scholesy charity dinner.
No question about that? Where's the "Nooo doot aboo tha"gone?

Someone clearly had a word

Great to see the man. Always hoped he would be the one presenting the league trophy to United and Mourinho. Would just be so perfect and emotive.

Plus, it would boil serious piss among our rivals