Messinho | 16 year old Palmeiras winger

FortunaUtd

Estêvão Willian Almeida de Oliveira Gonçalves (born 24 April 2007), known as Messinho or Estevão, is a Brazilian footballer who plays as a winger for Campeonato Brasileiro Série A club Palmeiras.
That is me copy-pasting from Wikipedia. I know absolutely nothing about the player and had not known he existed until I read his name, to great hilarity, in the transfer tweet thread today.
But I wanted to be the poster who created the first ever thread on the future greatest attacker of all time. Surely nothing less is in the cards for this kid.

JuriM

That is me copy-pasting from Wikipedia. I know absolutely nothing about the player and had not known he existed until I read his name, to great hilarity, in the transfer tweet thread today.
But I wanted to be the poster who created the first ever thread on the future greatest attacker of all time. Surely nothing less is in the cards for this kid.
Barcelona has been sniffing around for a while now already for him. Like they did with Victor Roque & Endrick before that.

FortunaUtd

Does he combine Brazilian flair and trickery with the tirelessly precise attacking impetus of Argentine's GOAT? I am sure he does.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Adnan and lucky scout probably knew about him when he was in the womb.

Expect a write up and a couple of essays shortly.

Red Star One

I know him (as Estevao) as he's already quite hyped and targeted by some European clubs, but had no idea he has this nickname :lol:

IrishMcD

Can't wait for a Phil Babbinho to come along, or Gary Breeninho. With the large Brazilian population in Ireland now, surely its only a matter of time before we have a team of samba superstars. Ye English lads can have Rory Delaps young lad, the long throwing, FA Cup looking cnut.

SparkedIntoLife

Lots of talk that this guy is gonna be a Neymar level talent. He’s already been linked to the big teams for 60m+. A left footed right winger with incredible balance, pace, end product and decent strength for his age. Looks very exciting to me. I think we’re out of the conversation for him, even with INEOS and I can see him going to PSG.

Realistically, although he’s likely an elite talent, we need someone who can contribute immediately and we already have a very promising young right winger in Shea Lacey. Maybe things will change dramatically in 2 years when Estevao is 18 and can leave Brazil but I doubt he won’t get snapped up elsewhere before then.

led_scholes

It reminds me of a meme of Messi's name in other countries. Mac Messi for Scotland etc.

In Rainbows

Yeah, just looking at the highlights, you can see the balance during his dribbling is impressive. It allows him to make sudden shifts with the ball.