MET Police Officer found guilty of neo-Nazi membership.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56604470

A Met Police officer has been convicted of being a member of a banned neo-Nazi terrorist organisation.
Benjamin Hannam, of Enfield, north London, was found to have lied on his police application form and remained in the National Action group after it was outlawed.
He was also convicted of two counts of fraud following a trial at the Old Bailey.
Hamman is the first British officer to be convicted of a terrorism offence.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Was he also a member of the Peaky Blinders?

Siorac

People whose job is to 'uphold law and order' will always be attracted to ideologies that preach law and order. Some will take it to the extreme, such as the actual neo-Nazis like this chap, and some will buck the trend but the trend will be there. Not particularly surprising.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
People whose job is to 'uphold law and order' will always be attracted to ideologies that preach law and order. Some will take it to the extreme, such as the actual neo-Nazis like this chap, and some will buck the trend but the trend will be there. Not particularly surprising.
There’s a lot to unpack here.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Gonna play devil's advocate like some do on here.

How do we know he wasn't just there for the buffet?

Lefties always scream racism but we don't actually know why he was a nazi.

Siorac

There’s a lot to unpack here.
All I'm saying is I'm less surprised when a soldier or a policeman turns out to be a Nazi than when a kindergarten teacher is. Those jobs attract very different personalities.

Smores

Gonna play devil's advocate like some do on here.

How do we know he wasn't just there for the buffet?

Lefties always scream racism but we don't actually know why he was a nazi.
I like this game.

I'll go with "Opinions shouldn't be illegal, today's snowflakes just can't deal with opposing views. Don't see BLM marxists being arrested!"

TheReligion

Abusive
Great that they've found him out whilst in his probation (he'll have less than 2 years service).

Anything that helps tighten up the recruitment process is welcome.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Am I the only one that noticed that his surname begins with H? Hmmm

do you think I came down the Lagan in a bubble?

Deery

Dreary
He was on the news and he used to go into the woods to do boxing fights with other Neo-Nazi’s. What a weird bunch these guys are..

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The vetting process apparently consists of a form asking if you've ever been affiliated with far right groups.

Kinda like the visa form to enter the USA that asks if you're going to commit an act of terrorism.

TheReligion

Abusive
The vetting process apparently consists of a form asking if you've ever been affiliated with far right groups.

Kinda like the visa form to enter the USA that asks if you're going to commit an act of terrorism.
That's the form, not the process?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
On the other side you've got my cousin who's now a sergeant but when he was younger...let's just say I'm amazed he even got a job with the police. Damn good guy though

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
That's the form, not the process?
Well he clearly lied when he filled in the form and that was that.

He only got found out because somebody leaked a database of names of people affiliated with National Action and his was on it.

If not for that leaker, who knows how many lives this prick could have ruined over the course of a 30-40 year career.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He was on the news and he used to go into the woods to do boxing fights with other Neo-Nazi’s. What a weird bunch these guys are..
I'm shocked! I thought they would all have been a nice mellow bunch of lads.