Gaming Metal Gear Solid - Master Collection Vol. 1

AaronRedDevil

Surprised there's no thread on one of the greatest game series ever made. Finally have the chance to play it after so long. Has anyone else started it yet? Only 2 hours in so far, bringing back so many memories. Even the sounds are iconic. One thing that bugs me is the Display on MGS1, why the hell is it like that? Could have easily filled the screen with the game.

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'll probably pick it up at some stage next year. Loved the trilogy, Snake Eater is probably my favourite game of all time. With Metal Gear Delta due out though I am a bit apprehensive to play through it again so soon. Might pick it up on Switch rather than PlayStation so I can play handheld.

Ainu

On one hand, having this comprehensive collection playable on modern consoles (and hopefully well into the future via BC) is fantastic. On the other, they're all straight ports without any effort to modernize their presentation and they're charging €60 (or equivalent) for it. I'll wait for a heavy discount at some point in the future.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does it include MGS2 and have they updated the controls?

Irwin99

Man the nostalgia is just brilliant so far: i'm saying every bit of dialogue out loud moments before it happens :lol: . " A Hind D? Colonel! what's a Russian gunship doing here?!".

I do think they might have updated the character models at least with MGS 1. I know people complained about the character models in FF VIII clashing with the low res backgrounds but i didn't mind too much and i think the Tomb Raider Trilogy remaster looks interesting with the new character models there. This game is a bit of an eyesore on modern TVs.

Really think bluepoint should just remake MGS1 and charge 25 quid for it like they did with Shadow of the Colossus.

Reiver

I might be tempted by trophies for the first time in MGS1. Though there are no changes to the controls and my memory of them is that they were terrible.