Gaming Metroid

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
All three are absolutely brilliant games and still hold up graphically as it is.

But damn, no chance they haven't just scammed more money from me. Not like I haven't already bought them twice, what's a third time!

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Haven't played a Metroid game before, but I'm tempted to give this one a go. I think it looks really good. Hate that they make you wait until march for the physical version though.

Woodzy

Haven't played a Metroid game before, but I'm tempted to give this one a go. I think it looks really good. Hate that they make you wait until march for the physical version though.
This is an interesting choice for a first Metroid game but I guess this one is more accessible for people that aren’t familiar with Metroid games. It’s an incredible game either way, but definitely check out the 2D ones if you get a chance. Super Metroid being the obvious choice.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is an interesting choice for a first Metroid game but I guess this one is more accessible for people that aren’t familiar with Metroid games. It’s an incredible game either way, but definitely check out the 2D ones if you get a chance. Super Metroid being the obvious choice.
2D games somehow don't really appeal to me. Anyway, I broke my rule of not buying digital games and got the Prime Remaster. Let's see how it goes.

Dave_MUFC

Metroid Prime really is fantastic.
I'm enjoying the gameplay, just wish there was a faster way to go between areas, because its a bit tiring back tracking to areas you've already visited.

I've just found that resorting to a walkthrough to figure out where the next destination is works out a lot better.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm enjoying the gameplay, just wish there was a faster way to go between areas, because its a bit tiring back tracking to areas you've already visited.

I've just found that resorting to a walkthrough to figure out where the next destination is works out a lot better.
Now you know where the "Metroid" part of Metroidvania comes from :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished it - fantastic game and so much fun. Finished on 92% item / 90% scans. Tempted to play again for 100% on hard…

Last boss was easier than I remembered it to be, though the metroids could swarm you near the end.