Micah Richards - The Pundit

iHicksy

Remember listening to Jose, Poch or LvG talk about tactics and analyzing teams on sky and why they are playing certain systems and where they can be exploited? Fascinating to listen to and made you appreciate actual football knowledge. Well Micah Richards is the the Anti-Jose. Dumb, dumb and dumb. All he does is grin and cackle like a demented witch.

DCP

I absolutely love him as a pundit, just so happy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They need an ex City guy and he's a funny guy.
Give me him every day over the serious utterly anodyne types like Jenas every day of the week.

It's football. Most people who watch it just want an easy to understand who's done well who hasn't done well and why.
Not some scientific analysis politics style.

HackeyC

He's really likeable and I fully expect his talents as a pundit will develop, it's not fair to expect him to be polished every time this early in his career. As others have said, I would take him over some of the more bland ones (Owen and Hargreaves come to mind).

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Remember listening to Jose, Poch or LvG talk about tactics and analyzing teams on sky and why they are playing certain systems and where they can be exploited? Fascinating to listen to and made you appreciate actual football knowledge. Well Micah Richards is the the Anti-Jose. Dumb, dumb and dumb. All he does is grin and cackle like a demented witch.
I think football needs both types of pundits, otherwise it can become very anal and repetitive. There is space for both and for what its worth he does not come across dumb to me, gives some decent insights.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He’s ok at a distance on the tele, I’d hate to be sat there with him with his overpowering fake laugh

RashyForPM

People are negative because he used to play for City, but I like him as a pundit. He’s very positive and enthusiastic, gives good reasoning, doesn’t talk over people and gets the best out of Keane as well. The relationship those two have struck up is surprising to say the least btw.

hubbuh

People are negative because he used to play for City, but I like him as a pundit. He’s very positive and enthusiastic, gives good reasoning, doesn’t talk over people and gets the best out of Keane as well. The relationship those two have struck up is surprising to say the least btw.
Nah, it's because he's not a good pundit. Does their need to be an agenda? People on here give Neville more pelters than anyone else in the industry despite being a United legend. Richards is positive and enthusiastic but that's it. I'm always a bit gutted when he's on the panel. He feels tailor-made for MOTD2.

Needham

He's like a northern Ian Wright. Doesn't help that but who probably has to hold in a lot more farts. Keane don't seee him as a threat like Lee Dickson Arsenal raarst. I like him.

RashyForPM

Nah, it's because he's not a good pundit. Does their need to be an agenda? People on here give Neville more pelters than anyone else in the industry despite being a United legend. Richards is positive and enthusiastic but that's it. I'm always a bit gutted when he's on the panel. He feels tailor-made for MOTD2.
Why is he not a good pundit? He speaks more sense than monotonous people like Owen and Jeans, and elaborates his opinions well too. Just because he has a loud laugh which he may use too exuberantly at times, it doesn’t mean he’s a bad pundit.

RUCK4444

He's likeable and that's one thing Sky were crying out for. The pundits are miserable as feck, absolute mood-hoovers the lot of them.

He's not the most insightful pundit but he livens things up and at the end of the day it's television and it needs to have a balance for the viewer.

I'd rather listen to him laughing and winding Roy up than listen to Souness suck the joy out of the game.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He's likeable and that's one thing Sky were crying out for. The pundits are miserable as feck, absolute mood-hoovers the lot of them.

He's not the most insightful pundit but he livens things up and at the end of the day it's television and it needs to have a balance for the viewer.

I'd rather listen to him laughing and winding Roy up than listen to Souness suck the joy out of the game.
That’s debatable :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
He doesn't take himself seriously, which I like and is needed in a studio where everyone takes themselves seriously. I don't like Micah on his own, I find him annoying but I love the Micah and Keane dynamic because we get to see a side of Keane that we never usually get to see.

As a pundit though, in terms of insight and opinions, he's pretty terrible. He once suggested Arsenal were shit because of AFTV for example.

hubbuh

Why is he not a good pundit? He speaks more sense than monotonous people like Owen and Jeans, and elaborates his opinions well too. Just because he has a loud laugh which he may use too exuberantly at times, it doesn’t mean he’s a bad pundit.
Because he talks nonsense a lot of the time and offers very little (if any?) interesting insights. Owen is obviously one of the absolute worst (and we're setting the bar incredibly low here), but Micah Richards doesn't offer anything more in terms of analysis or knowledge of the game. The whole 'banter' shtick with Keane is so obviously geared towards generating a buzz on social media as well.. I just find it a bit tedious. I refuse to believe there isn't anyone out there with a bit of charisma and that has interesting insights on the game. Micah Richards and Michael Owen cannot be as good as it gets.

RUCK4444

That’s debatable :lol:
Yeah ok he’s a bit of a tit, your right he’s probably a bit like Marmite. You either like him or you don’t.

I’m not a big fan myself, his laugh can be annoying but I just think he livens it up a tad, rather than the miserable classroom atmosphere there tends to be in the studio.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because he talks nonsense a lot of the time and offers very little (if any?) interesting insights. Owen is obviously one of the absolute worst (and we're setting the bar incredibly low here), but Micah Richards doesn't offer anything more in terms of analysis or knowledge of the game. The whole 'banter' shtick with Keane is so obviously geared towards generating a buzz on social media as well.. I just find it a bit tedious. I refuse to believe there isn't anyone out there with a bit of charisma and that has interesting insights on the game. Micah Richards and Michael Owen cannot be as good as it gets.
Michael Owen also isn’t plastered on every channel and show, I’m sure he didn’t have a day off over Christmas, put BT on there’s Micah Richards, next day sky have a game theres Micah Richards, then day later watch MOTD or MOTD2, there’s Micah Richards, I’m sure I’m not imagining it but he’s on almost every day

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He doesn't take himself seriously, which I like and is needed in a studio where everyone takes themselves seriously. I don't like Micah on his own, I find him annoying but I love the Micah and Keane dynamic because we get to see a side of Keane that we never usually get to see.

As a pundit though, in terms of insight and opinions, he's pretty terrible. He once suggested Arsenal were shit because of AFTV for example.
To be fair, I think that was actually more interesting than most pundits would say. He's speaking from a position of a fairly recent player that's played through social media.

He himself was saying it would effect him and expects it's effecting Arsenal too. His point was the players are being made anxious that if they make a mistake they'll be completely rinsed on AFTV and made the fans turn against them - I don't think that's wrong to be honest.

We've seen certain united youtube channels turn people against our players like Maguire. People are easily led and influenced.

El Zoido

He’s not a good pundit at all, he offers virtually no insight whatsoever. So in that regard he fits right in. Seems like a nice bloke on a personal level, I got nothing against him, but I don’t know how anyone could consider him a “good” pundit. There are plenty worse than him though.

Cabin Clown

I feel like turning off the TV everytime he's on. Bellows out a fake laugh every 30 seconds while providing absolutely nothing worth in the way of insight. He really annoys me and what's worse is he'll probably be around for a long time and will get plenty of work because he ticks all the boxes. Much, much, better pundits (and black pundits) out there.

RashyForPM

Nah, no other pundit has made Keane as vibrant as Richards. It’s as simple as Keane just liking his personality for one reason or another.

Also, in terms of pundits, I think Richards is as good as it gets considering only ex-pros are hired. I’m a big advocate of fans getting air time on big channels like Sky myself.

hubbuh

Yeah ok he’s a bit of a tit, your right he’s probably a bit like Marmite. You either like him or you don’t.

I’m not a big fan myself, his laugh can be annoying but I just think he livens it up a tad, rather than the miserable classroom atmosphere there tends to be in the studio.
Neville and Carragher are absolutely interesting and don't contribute to that sort of crap atmosphere you shouldn't be paying to watch. They also do this social media bantering thing, but a) they are actually good pundits so it's forgivable and b) they played for United and Liverpool during their playing careers at the same time so the mutual antagonising makes a bit of sense.

hubbuh

Nah, no other pundit has made Keane as vibrant as Richards. It’s as simple as Keane just liking his personality for one reason or another.

Also, in terms of pundits, I think Richards is as good as it gets considering only ex-pros are hired. I’m a big advocate of fans getting air time on big channels like Sky myself.
Fair play. I disagree myself but it's horses for courses.

cyberman

To be fair, I think that was actually more interesting than most pundits would say. He's speaking from a position of a fairly recent player that's played through social media.

He himself was saying it would effect him and expects it's effecting Arsenal too. His point was the players are being made anxious that if they make a mistake they'll be completely rinsed on AFTV and made the fans turn against them - I don't think that's wrong to be honest.

We've seen certain united youtube channels turn people against our players like Maguire. People are easily led and influenced.
Bellerin came put a few years ago and said AFTV was affecting the dressing room. Its why DT etc hates him

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Has he ever discussed why he stopped being arsed being a footballer and just stole a living at Villa? Was there a reason for it and I've not seen it?

It's the main reason I don't like listening to him.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

I think Keane just puts up with him as he knows he’s a loud mouth without anything to really back it up, kinda like the class clown. Keane’s hardly there knee slapping and laughing cracking jokes with him

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Bellerin came put a few years ago and said AFTV was affecting the dressing room. Its why DT etc hates him
This is so enlightening. I've seen Arsenal lose where everyone is playing horrifically and DT just rants extensively about Bellerin and no one else.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep makes complete sense IMO. It's already bad enough that they get bombarded on their social media platforms after a bad performance, but then to have these popular youtube shows destroying them for clicks, it's definitely a poisoness attitude to have. Is it any surprise that since AFTV got popular Arsenal have crumbled?

sillwuka

I like Micah, i feel he's more useful when he offers insight on Man City from when he was there.

Apart from that it's good to have someone less serious on the panel.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Don't think he offers much in the way of tactical insight, but I don't see how he's any worse than Keane. Has Keane ever analysed a bit of footage without defaulting to bemoaning a player's lack of work rate, aggression or inability to put a foot in? He's solely there to offer his scathing one liners and that's it. If that's the standard of punditry these days, then Micah pretty much fits right in.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Has he ever discussed why he stopped being arsed being a footballer and just stole a living at Villa? Was there a reason for it and I've not seen it?

It's the main reason I don't like listening to him.
He was completely done in by injury before he even got there. But if someone sticks a contract in front of you, you aren't going to turn it down.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm just curious, what profound insights are other pundits providing?

arnie_ni

Bollocks. The majority of people like carragher and he's a scouser.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bollocks. The majority of people like carragher and he's a scouser.
I'm not entirely sure I agree with you here. I mean, how can you like a guy who literally spat at a girl because his team had a bad day?

However, Micah is like the happiest guy ever to walk the earth. More of him please :)