Micah Richards - The Pundit

JuriM

I really really like his style & demeanor! Fresh style and a lot insight.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s not a great pundit but he’s very likeable and I think he makes a lot of the coverage less dreary, he’s got a fun dynamic with Keane.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I don’t think there’s any bad blood between Keane and Richards, and that “burst onto the scene” thing was more changing room banter that all these pundits are well versed in. As such, you’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.
Yeah It was so obviously banter. You just have to see the videos of them away from the studio sharing accomodation/dressing rooms and taking the piss out of each other to see that they're good mates that wind each other up

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah It was so obviously banter. You just have to see the videos of them away from the studio sharing accomodation/dressing rooms and taking the piss out of each other to see that they're good mates that wind each other up
I had to laugh at the irony of BobbyManc talking about “miserable bastard” and “bitterness” early in this thread, obviously projecting his own feelings :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fantastic, him and Roy Keane should be a comedy act, so funny :lol:
Indeed and you can neither of them take the other seriously unlike that bellend Souness who take himself seriously and thinks everyone should hang in his every word

padr81

Supports
Man City
Fantastic, him and Roy Keane should be a comedy act, so funny :lol:
Sitcom material for sure. Keane being the over the top angry sarcastic older brother and Micah being the younger jovial one.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He's entertaining, and football is an entertainment business.
Indeed and in general I like to hear what he has to say.
The only downside for me is that he cannot stop laughing at his own jokes.

Irrational.

He has little footballing insight but a great chemistry with Keane and Neville, and his laugh is infectious. I couldn't stand him but he's won me over.

tomaldinho1

He'll forever have my respect for directly asking Nev and Keane the real questions. I also think his point was the most logical about not writing City off, Pep lost 6 points to United last season because we sat in and countered him and he just saw Mou beat his team with exactly the same tactics as us.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s awful and just incredibly biased. Having a good laugh isn’t enough to have a job, I’d rather they employ some actually intelligent and articulate pundits.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ticks the Man City pundit box, as city hardly have much choice compared to the big teams.

But he earns his place. He's fresh, he's a nice guy- not every pundit has to be some shock jock bitter clogger like Sutton or Keown.
Personality in bucket loads compared to the likes of Jenas.

cyberman

He'll forever have my respect for directly asking Nev and Keane the real questions. I also think his point was the most logical about not writing City off, Pep lost 6 points to United last season because we sat in and countered him and he just saw Mou beat his team with exactly the same tactics as us.
All of our goals were not from counters

Habs

Put Neville and Keane on the spot yesterday with regards to Ole. His views on Pogba made no sense though.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
He is a breath of fresh air and such a great partnership with Keane who tries with all his might not to smile but that laugh is so infectious :lol:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's the Jamie Redknapp for the new gen. Talk's some absolute shit and then starts laughing like an idiot so you forget what he just said minutes ago.

BIGbadBOO4

He is positive which is good but his bias is bordering on the ridiculous. I honestly believe that if a city player pulled out a knife and went round stabbing opposition players he would defend them. The trouble is most people are thick as shit and when he comes out with his bias nonsense people believe it is true. His bias towards city is bordering on conspiracy theory level.

cyberman

He is positive which is good but his bias is bordering on the ridiculous. I honestly believe that if a city player pulled out a knife and went round stabbing opposition players he would defend them. The trouble is most people are thick as shit and when he comes out with his bias nonsense people believe it is true. His bias towards city is bordering on conspiracy theory level.
Yeah, it was bad last night trying to put the heat all on Ole as City lay mid table and played for a draw with a rested first 11

tomaldinho1

All of our goals were not from counters
I'm talking about the tactical setup - we sat in, generally ceded possession and then if there was an opportunity we would try to break/press. I think this is how we should play against City, it's not a criticism FYI, my post is about why I think Pep changed his tactics given he dropped 6 points last season against us.

From memory it was 3 Ederson mistakes and a VAR peno for our goals in both games - you can get at this City team and again yesterday Ederson looked shaky in my opinion. I'm not overly bothered about the result yday, I do think we were too cautious/negative (whereas in the games last season we were pushing/pressing much higher up the pitch - hence how McT scored his goal) but a point isn't a disaster.

cyberman

I'm talking about the tactical setup - we sat in, generally ceded possession and then if there was an opportunity we would try to break/press. I think this is how we should play against City, it's not a criticism FYI, my post is about why I think Pep changed his tactics given he dropped 6 points last season against us.

From memory it was 3 Ederson mistakes and a VAR peno for our goals in both games - you can get at this City team and again yesterday Ederson looked shaky in my opinion. I'm not overly bothered about the result yday, I do think we were too cautious/negative (whereas in the games last season we were pushing/pressing much higher up the pitch - hence how McT scored his goal) but a point isn't a disaster.
We didnt give them an inch but we didnt set up to counter. We just played through them. I just cant see how yesterday was justified on Peps part.
Its a myth that City keep getting done on counters, they just werent very well balanced imo. Now theyre too far the other way and their balance is just as bad
If this were a 1 off I could see the argument but this is an honest window into how they're playing this season. Pep just cant seem to get his side to win away from home against good opposition anymore.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I like him as he provides a balance to Roy Keane.

They remind of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in Rush Hour. They'll probably make a TV show soon.

tomaldinho1

We didnt give them an inch but we didnt set up to counter. We just played through them. I just cant see how yesterday was justified on Peps part.
Its a myth that City keep getting done on counters, they just werent very well balanced imo. Now theyre too far the other way and their balance is just as bad
If this were a 1 off I could see the argument but this is an honest window into how they're playing this season. Pep just cant seem to get his side to win away from home against good opposition anymore.
I think he knows the limitations of this City team - essentially I think his transfers have been a bit rubbish and their front three are massively overrated or are struggling for form/fitness (what has happened to B Silva for example?)

How can you think that when they had 72% possession in both games. I stress - this is not a criticism, it is praise for Ole - but I don't get how, assuming you watched the games, you don't think we setup to catch them on the break and press them higher than we did yesterday. Just watch the highlights and the chances Rashford misses - it was a great tactic against them.

the only compliment I can give him is that he’s less biased than Mike Summerbee. Given there are so few City pundits, hopefully it means Summerbee will never be seen on the TV again, as he was bordering on parody.

TheLiverBird

He’s a nice likeable guy

His footballing insight this far seems relatively simple though, occasionally comes out with good points but he’s still learning his trade as a pundit.

There’s having experience as a former professional footballer, and then there’s having punditry experience of getting your knowledge and expertise across in an articulate manor, and I think that side of his punditry will come.

He’s not terrible, he’s just quite simple with his views and insight imo atm

cyberman

In the three games we beat City last season I believe 1 goal came from a counter attack. Out of 5.
I dont think any was from a counter. The Rashford pen feels like a counter but the box was packed full of City players and he had 4 around him when he was fouled.
It was the same in the Chelsea games, all i kept seeing was how we only countered them but all but Daniel James first goal for us werent counters.
It just seems like lazy analysis.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Him and Keane aren’t great on their own but put them together...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Keane likes him; makes for a very entertaining double act. He also offers insight from a player's perspective in relation to the more modern era than any of the others literally can.

One of the interesting things he does is break his own career down to three segments: young, rated prodigy; fairly well rated and regarded player and injury-riddled player on a huge decline. He's humble and self-aware in the sense of stating how he felt invincible as youngster and then, slowly having vulnerabilities exposed and losing his physical prowess as well as his self-confidence.

He's not a tactical whizz and he is biased, but he's more worth listening to than not, which is more than can be said for a lot of pundits currently active.

Judas

Open to offers
His actual football views are often utterly foolish and the sort of shite you'd see on here, he's a bit of a wum, but its often entertaining, and he's got some charisma about him which is important. He's grown on me.

SER19

I dont think any was from a counter. The Rashford pen feels like a counter but the box was packed full of City players and he had 4 around him when he was fouled.
It was the same in the Chelsea games, all i kept seeing was how we only countered them but all but Daniel James first goal for us werent counters.
It just seems like lazy analysis.
Ya I agree. I think in all of those games and yesterday, we were tactically very good and showed what a good team we can be, although yesterday we may as well not have had a front 2.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Jesus Christ, Micah talked some absolute sh*te concerning Pogba. Holy f*ck.