Michael Carrick - Middlesbrough Manager

RedChisel

Get him in. Doesn't he have a 100% record as United manager? Can't be any worse than the fraudulent baldy.

philnguyen1994

Another win to keep the run going, beating Rooney's Birmingham City 1-0. The scoreline massively flattered Brum tbh, Boro was incredibly wasteful, Brum was all over the place taking stupid risks and being wide open. Boro could easily have been won about 5-0.

Last edited:

philnguyen1994

Another win, 2-1 away at Norwich. 7 wins in a row now! Quite a turnaround after the horrible start to the season.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Another win, 2-1 away at Norwich. 7 wins in a row now! Quite a turnaround after the horrible start to the season.
Would be great to get a poll on which of the three will finish higher between McKenna, Carrick and Rooney. i know McKenna has started incredibly well but Boro I reckon will creep up toward play offs

whitbyviking

It's amazing how many teams in the Championship do this, looking out then go on a winning run, that is one hell of a turnaround.
It's all the more impressive that he had 60+ goals and assists taken out of the squad, plus the starting keeper, and all the replacements were inferior. He's doing very well all things considered. One thing he has had is time from the Chairman, which may not happen at another club. The new players did not get his system at all to start with and it was evident in results. He's had time to knit the squad together and get them playing, and this shows in the run they're on.

Varun1

It's great that the team believed in him even after the bad run. They didn't just give-up and refuse to follow the manager's ideas.

RedRocket9908

6 wins on the bounce and up to 7th is an Incredible turnaround for Boro after they took only 2 points from their first 7 games

pascell

Would be great to get a poll on which of the three will finish higher between McKenna, Carrick and Rooney. i know McKenna has started incredibly well but Boro I reckon will creep up toward play offs
Already joint with 5th & 6th place who are in the play offs, fantastic turn around.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I love ETH and I think he shouldn't be touched.
But in a few years I'd be estatic to see Michael manage Manchester United!

Real Name

Another win to keep the run going, beating Rooney's Birmingham City 1-0. The scoreline massively flattered Brum tbh, Boro was incredibly wasteful, Brum was all over the place taking stupid risks and being wide open. Boro could easily have been won about 5-0.

Cold handshake by Rooney and Carrick.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Looking like a very promising career in management.

The turnaround after the poor start, which was pretty forgivable given their horrendous summer window, is quite remarkable.

I'm sure they'll make the playoffs again as a minimum, but it's a very tight championship this year. A lot of clubs in there who are definitely at least on par, if not better than current PL fodder.

Chicharo

Eighth win in the last nine games, and Boro are through to the 1/4 finals of Carabao Cup
OK, Exeter are awful, but still, Carrick is doing a great job

city-puma

The similar player, Alonso, has built reputation in managing Leverkusen. Carrick is building his reputation and won’t be behind too long I hope. With his football intelligence shown in his playing career and charming character, there is no reason he can’t be a great manager.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The similar player, Alonso, has built reputation in managing Leverkusen. Carrick is building his reputation and won’t be behind too long I hope. With his football intelligence shown in his playing career and charming character, there is no reason he can’t be a great manager.
Needs to do more on a higher level

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Always thought Carrick would become a good manager in future. He has that 100% unbeaten record with us, and seems doing pretty well lately.

gajender

Yeah of course, which is what can be said for every young and upcoming manager.
Thing is with Coaches that there is no set path they need to follow to succeed at the highest level , Carrick could take approach of slowing going level up in terms of Clubs profile and Stature and prove himself at every step and yet he could be found wanting at the highest level or conversely he could be parachuted straight into top Job even now and could prove to be great Success .

padzilla

Hipster
Wasn't Carrick on the verge of getting the boot earlier in the season - now's he Fergie 2.0. What a fickle world we live in. Rudyard Kipling might well have been right.

philnguyen1994

The comparison was made with Alonso and I think he is already doing much better at a higher level.
Alonso was only the manager of Real Sociedad Reserves just over one year ago and didn't even do well there (they got relegated). You never know what opportunity will come up next for Carrick.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Agreed he needs to do it at a higher level although he somewhat has experience being an assistant with us (and managing a handful of games!).

It’s always difficult to tell with managers, isn’t it - higher level experience or not. Wish him and McKenna well. Will be interesting to see who ends up the better manager/having the better managerial career.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wasn't Carrick on the verge of getting the boot earlier in the season
Not that I know of. I think Boro fans were more worried about him quitting in protest at how poorly the board had backed him when they lost a bunch of their most important players and barely bought anyone in. After the horror start I guess there would have been some question marks if it had continued too much longer, but he turned it around before it got close to that as far as I know.

Hammondo

Not that I know of. I think Boro fans were more worried about him quitting in protest at how poorly the board had backed him when they lost a bunch of their most important players and barely bought anyone in. After the horror start I guess there would have been some question marks if it had continued too much longer, but he turned it around before it got close to that as far as I know.
It seems like he has to train up a bunch of new players who were not as good. He's really being tested.

macheda14

Wasn't Carrick on the verge of getting the boot earlier in the season - now's he Fergie 2.0. What a fickle world we live in. Rudyard Kipling might well have been right.
What does a baker know about football? Do love his Country Slices though.

Skills

Snitch
Great turn around. Shown a lot of character in difficult circumstances

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Said it before, would love to see McKenna and Carrick both get promoted this season. Carrick was one of my favourite players and seems like a great guy, hope he keeps smashing it.