Michael Keane

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I don't get why his loan seems to be only a one month at a time deal. Why not just take him on until the end of the season.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I don't get why his loan seems to be only a one month at a time deal. Why not just take him on until the end of the season.
They have a few centre ha is out IIRC

What's the point of sending him on loan for the season if heir first choice will be back from injury and be in front of him? At least my understanding of it.

Genius Me!

Would make sense I suppose. They seem to want to keep him on for the season at foxestalk.

Cevno

I guess we might wait till the end of the Window and extend it then, based on the situation.

Cevno

Started again today and some of the comments from Leicester forums -

Keane 8 - Won everything in the air. Gonna be a class act.
Morgan and Keane - 9 - These two are clear premiership standard defenders. As said above Keane is gonna be a real class act for Man Utd in a few years. I believe the hype with this kid.
All I can say is I wish we could sign Michael Keane permanently because that kid is going to be top drawer.
I think teams will now have to press us rather than sit back so things should get interesting.
Shame we can't buy Keane.

EDogen

Very nice to read he is doing well again, top talent with a top attitude.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Our young defenders always seem to do pretty well out on loan, don't they?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Interesting read cheers for the update Cevno! Think he is a quality prospect.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Think about Keane is that that he's not like Chester or Eckersley in that his main attribute is not not competitiveness but rather the calmness with the ball at his feet and his distribution from the back. Definitely going to be a premiership defender, no doubt.

beergod

Reminds me of the comments we saw from Sunderland fans back when Evans was on loan there.

Cevno

With the amount of injuries we get in defense, we can accommodate another defender. Plus he can also play right back which is where i have seen him most of the time in his United career before this season.

Depending on how he progresses we'll probably send him for a PL loan next season like we did with Evans. After that Rio will probably need replacing too in the squad anyways, if Keane is pushing sufficiently.

Have to say he is one who has flown under the radar a bit, while his brother got all the attention. Didn't even have a thread here before this season and while good for the U18's never really stood out. Been like Cleverley almost, though is developing earlier than him.

Genius Me!

Cevno's right, he didn't look out of place when he played for us so with a full season PL loan next year he might prove able to challenge for a squad place.

Drainy

He was outstanding at rightback during the FA youth cup winning run, including a very solid performance at Anfield against Raheem Sterling.

Now after quite a growth spurt he's a better centreback than Thorpe and Fornasier- it's worked out brilliantly for him.

Cevno

He was good to very good, but not sure about Outstanding. Hell, more people mention being impressed with Donald Love these days, then they used to do with him.

Thorpe used to be the standout in defense if there was one but hasn't progressed as fast. (Though still has time).

Cevno

Is his brother still injured?
Yeah. Heard a while back that he was to return to training this month. Not sure what happened.

Hopefully he doesn't lose too much due to that injury from what he had. England U21 International and a United debutant at 18 years of age.

Drainy

Keane was an excellent defender in the FA youth cup run, did the right things he was just a bit skinny and not the strongest and not that prominent going forwards.

His physical development the summer following was important to his progression.

Donald love is a decent prospect but my sense of him is that he's far better attacking than defending.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Donald Love will succeed. His name demands it!

Cevno

He's starting again for Leicester. Televised game.

Cevno

Hits the bar with a good header towards the end of the half.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It would be great for us if Leicester and also Hull got promoted to the PL.

Firstly, we'd get to see some of our former youth players have a go at PL football.

And secondly, we could loan them the youngsters who are closing to cracking our first team but need some PL experience.

EDogen

I thought he did okay tonight, you can see that he is young in the way he plays but good signs!

Cevno

His distribution from the back stood out for me. Under pressure and he found a Leicester player every time almost. Started the counter which led to Nugent's first goal being wrongly disallowed and then hit one diagonal to Marshall too which he fecked up.

Defensively he missed 1/2 headers and got caught in the channel once/twice but other than that he was pretty good. Got to remember Konchesky was playing his side and often leaving him exposed. Still he handled it well in a game where Boro were dominating midfield.

Good signs and he also hit the bar with a good instinctive header.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Pretty much what I came to say, Cevno. I think he's slowly but surely adding a physical presence to his game.

Collina

It would be great for us if Leicester and also Hull got promoted to the PL.

Firstly, we'd get to see some of our former youth players have a go at PL football.

And secondly, we could loan them the youngsters who are closing to cracking our first team but need some PL experience.
Probably better if just one of them go up. We need one club down there too!

I really, really like Michael Keane. Hopefully he'll stay there the rest of the season, playing regularly alongside Morgan.

Cevno

Probably better if just one of them go up. We need one club down there too!

I really, really like Michael Keane. Hopefully he'll stay there the rest of the season, playing regularly alongside Morgan.
Peterborough ?

Hopefully Junior Fergie retains his job, and they don't get relegated though.

Collina

Peterborough ?

Hopefully Junior Fergie retains his job, and they don't get relegated though.
True! But I'd like to have one club near the top, something like Leicester and Hull now. But of course, we can find other clubs (or rather: Other managers) to cooperate with like that.

And I do think Posh will get relegated. I'll be very impressed if they stay up. I'm at London Road for the Peterborough-Leicester game, btw, so a great chance to check up on Keane, Petrucci and Wootton for me.

Drainy

Taking my dad to go see the FA cup tie at the weekend. Hopefully I'll get to see him play and I'll let you all know how he gets on.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Good news, he seems to be really impressing there!

prateik

He has been impressive every time he has played.. For the reserves, first team and now out on loan.