Michael Olise

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Injury record doesn’t look great. We should only be signing players with minimal injuries on their record given how we seem to cope with injuries.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We should sign him & Eze if we want a team to keep possession better as well as have fans on the edge of their seats with excitement

SAF is the GOAT

Even if we're serious, I don't think it smart to announce it

Seems like Ineos are making the same mistake they did when they started at Nice bringing British players

Palace is going to strip our pants doing this

He has a release Clause!
If I'm not mistaken he signed a new contract recently with probably a higher release clause

Last edited:

STYLOISRED

Seems like Ineos are making the same mistake they did when they started at Nice bringing British players

Palace is going to strip our pants doing with this
He has a release Clause!

Robertd0803

Arent release clauses illegal in the UK and more an agreement between club and player?

dubplate warrior

Been calling for this signing for over a year. Such a no brainer.

Palace is going to strip our pants doing with this
Olise is comfortably one of the best right wingers in the league. It doesn't matter if he's British.

OT_United

No way we'll have Amad, Olise, Sancho and Antony.
The latter two have to go, even if we lose a load of money.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Injury record doesn’t look great. We should only be signing players with minimal injuries on their record given how we seem to cope with injuries.
Only one hamstring injury which occurred this season: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-olise/verletzungen/spieler/566723
----
Very talented player. Probably a little too expensive considering we'll be operating on a "limited budget" depending on what the release clause is (article in the OP says it’s unknown but likely to be a lot more than the £35m in his previous contract).

... Also don’t normally like to go OTT with our own younger players, but I do think, Amad could offer similarities in profile if he got a full season to actually play. *hides*

Olise is obviously the better player – he got 2 goals and 11 assists in PL football last season – very impressive. But if you take it in the means that he is 1.5 seasons ahead currently: Amad got 17 G/A for Sunderland last season, Olise got 19 G/A for Reading in his final Championship season. I’d give Amad the rest of the season to see if he’s up to par and if he's on a similar level of trajectory to Olise. If so, hand him a strong position in the team.

Donut

My number one target for the summer. Such a silky player, reminds me of Mahrez.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Nice, would be a great addition to the squad. Also a set piece taker, which I feel we really lack.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's going to be a fantastic player ( if he stays injury free). But if he is on the market I don't think we'll be favorites. City will likely be in for him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's technically superb and from what I've seen he has a very calm, cold mentality. I would definitely be happy if we signed him.

Not sure about his tracking back/work rate though. Seems a weird thing to focus on for an attacker but could easily see him being pointed at as lazy if we lost a couple games as he has that lackadaisical style about him.

Rossa

He's technically superb and from what I've seen he has a very calm, cold mentality. I would definitely be happy if we signed him.

Not sure about his tracking back/work rate though. Seems a weird thing to focus on for an attacker but could easily see him being pointed at as lazy if we lost a couple games as he has that lackadaisical style about him.
It's interesting because Valencia was rightly lauded for his workrate, but at the same time criticised for being too much of a defensive winger. Only a few years later, and we are looking for wingers that will pull a shift, and rightly so. Beckham was also a defensive winger, as was Giggs - both brilliant but hardworking players. You can afford maybe one luxury player if that is prime Ronaldo, Messi etc, but you can't afford many - and wingers certainly need to work both ways as we expect fullbacks to do.

Oranges038

He looks a good player with a good attitude and work rate. There's a different set of expectations when it comes to playing for Utd and you're going to be playing against teams who will invariably give you less time and room on the ball than you will get at Palace.

Might take him time to adjust, but I can't see the fans being to patient with him.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Dream on lads. There will be multiple clubs at the table in the summer, Liverpool and City have been scouting him heavily in recent weeks from what I’ve heard, PSG have been mooted with the French connection as well.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Yeah I like both players myself. I suspect Palace will be open to sales in the summer too from what @Shipperley was saying.
It’s a concern, expect all of Guehi, Andersen, Olise and Eze might feel they’re ready for a next step, Doucoure too if he hadn’t got injured. We can’t lose all of them (I hope!).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Dream on lads. There will be multiple clubs at the table in the summer, Liverpool and City have been scouting him heavily in recent weeks from what I’ve heard, PSG have been mooted with the French connection as well.
Being a narcos can be lucrative but is it worth it for a footballer?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I could see Liverpool only if they sold Salah. City surely couldn't guarantee him game time?

AneRu

It's interesting because Valencia was rightly lauded for his workrate, but at the same time criticised for being too much of a defensive winger. Only a few years later, and we are looking for wingers that will pull a shift, and rightly so. Beckham was also a defensive winger, as was Giggs - both brilliant but hardworking players. You can afford maybe one luxury player if that is prime Ronaldo, Messi etc, but you can't afford many - and wingers certainly need to work both ways as we expect fullbacks to do.
Right on, you need two way players in a lot of positions. Both wingers, fullbacks, the 10 and the 8 need to be adept on and off the ball with stamina too. That's how you establish stability so the scouting needs to be spot on with regard to attitude and work rate before looking at talent.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
Isn't he used to play for a complete counter side in Palace? We are surely not signing another counter attacking player en route to becoming an attacking side?!

Haven't seen much of him, so he might also fit in a more 'modern, top side' approach, but signings from counter attacking sides always seem a bit weird to me.

BarstoolProphet

Nice, would be a great addition to the squad. Also a set piece taker, which I feel we really lack.
We have signed Bruno, Eriksen and Mount who all came with a great reputation when it comes to set-pieces, yet neither manages to beat the wall/first man after they joined us. We could sign the lovechild of Beckham and Juninho and still end up with Lindelöf on set-pieces within a couple of months.

Lemon Moon

Would be a welcome signing by everyone you'd think. Surely would take Antony's spot in the starting 11. Release clause in the summer is higher than the 35m quoted I'm sure.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It’s a crucial aspect nowadays. If he’s not going to put in that defensive effort he’ll likely not make it here.

davidmichael

This is the sort of signing I love United making which is young players with lots of potential to be brilliant, hard working, strong team ethic, hungry and fits into a system.

If Greenwood is going to be sold to a team in Spain then Olise certainly fits the bill as a replacement and offers far more than Antony and Sancho, I’d be happy with Olise and Diallo as options on the right with Garnacho also a good option there if needed too.

I’d imagine that the release clause is around £55-£65 million if it was £35 million beforehand so if we got £40+ million for Greenwood we’re covering a big chunk of an Olise fee then get rid of Antony, Martial and Sancho to free up money and wages for a quality established striker.