Michael Olise

SER19

I like Olise, but personally prefer more direct wingers with a bit more pace.

Cathy Ferguson

Young and proven in the PL. As a change to old and proven or young and not proven in a top league.

TrailMonkey

Personally I wouldn’t include AWB in a deal as he has his merits. Have liked Olise for a while now and would have him here for the right money as I’m not convinced he’ll avoid being just another shit Utd winger. Unfortunately we’ll probably offer £50m plus AWB.

Last edited:

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Personally I wouldn’t include AWB in a deal as he has his merits. Have liked Olise for a while now and would have him here for the right money as I’m not convinced he’ll end up being another shit Utd winger. Unfortunately we’ll probably offer £50m plus AWB.
£35M is the max we should offer on top.

davidmichael

We've just activated AWB’s extra year and in talks to extend on an improved contract whilst he’s also our clear first choice right back so I wouldn’t trust the gossip page link on Sky Sports News.

I have no idea how to post video links on here but just watching clips of Olise shows how completely different and how much better he is than Antony. Rather than constantly cutting back and passing back to the right back like Antony constantly does Olise looks to whip the ball into the box but his right foot looks decent too so he can genuinely go either way.

Aa well as being able to go either way Olise has a brilliant delivery, brilliant at set pieces, brilliant passing ability, an eye for goal and at 22 years old has a decade at the top ahead of him. Much like Diallo it looks like Olise could also play as a 10 as well as he looks very able to be a playmaker, if we can get rid of Antony and Sancho then bring in Olise to compete with Diallo I’d be happy.

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
He ends up at PSG this summer. And that propels him into the French XI.

croadyman

We've just activated AWB’s extra year and in talks to extend on an improved contract whilst he’s also our clear first choice right back so I wouldn’t trust the gossip page link on Sky Sports News.

I have no idea how to post video links on here but just watching clips of Olise shows how completely different and how much better he is than Antony. Rather than constantly cutting back and passing back to the right back like Antony constantly does Olise looks to whip the ball into the box but his right foot looks decent too so he can genuinely go either way.

Aa well as being able to go either way Olise has a brilliant delivery, brilliant at set pieces, brilliant passing ability, an eye for goal and at 22 years old has a decade at the top ahead of him. Much like Diallo it looks like Olise could also play as a 10 as well as he looks very able to be a playmaker, if we can get rid of Antony and Sancho then bring in Olise to compete with Diallo I’d be happy.
I feel like the only way we could see Antony sold is if Erik gets sacked,we have personal experience of Olise's setpiece ability

Sparky Rhiwabon

Obviously there’d be other parties interested - not sure what we’ll do with Antony.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We obviously need to sell and replace at least 2 of them
Sell first . One of the key things Radcliff has to do is have us not get rinsed in the transfer market. If those days continue the incompetence will trickle down to the team. If we buy this kid for 60 million plus AWB then sell Sancho for 30 million someone should be fired.

dubplate warrior

Rather we got rid of the shit Portuguese RB, but would be happy with this deal regardless.
They're both painfully mediocre. The difference is Dalot can play with the ball at his feet and on both sides of the flank. We desperately need a new right flank, not just a winger.

AnotherLondonManc

I really hope this is BS. Not because I desperately want Olise, but because of how brain dead stupid the logic is.

Zaha was signed over 10 years ago on the back of being the Championship POTS.

And the failure of the AWB signing has exactly feck all to do with Olise. Sign or don't sign players based on their merits, not because they play for Palace.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sell first . One of the key things Radcliff has to do is have us not get rinsed in the transfer market. If those days continue the incompetence will trickle down to the team. If we buy this kid for 60 million plus AWB then sell Sancho for 30 million someone should be fired.
Are you seriously suggesting we should not plan for the summer and should instead sell Antony and or Sancho before planning their replacements?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I would prefer Nico Williams. He’s a decent option though.
Yeah. Nico Williams is the perfect type of winger that a top club needs to help reach the level of the elite clubs. Olise is good, but I don't think he is a top level player. He's more just raising our floor rather than raising our ceiling. He doesn't have enough pace and directness when on the ball for me, much more of a passer/link up player out wide rather than a winger who can terrorize their fullbacks and create openings all game. Nico Williams and Garnacho on the wings gives us something like what Bayerns been constantly going for for 15 years now, and what I always think United should target. Great dribbling and directness from the wingers where they can go inside or out, but will just run at their fullbacks all day and provide both assists and goals. Both being game changers. Olise is the exact type of player I can see coming here and not really having a big impact.

OleGunnar20

Big fan of his as a player, but I said that about Sancho before him. Does anyone have any insight into the guys character? I've heard he's quite a reserved, quiet guy?

We need to put an absolute premium on mentality moving forward. No more feckless twats please.

dubplate warrior

Big fan of his as a player, but I said that about Sancho before him. Does anyone have any insight into the guys character? I've heard he's quite reserved, quite guy?

We need to put an absolute premium on mentality moving forward. No more feckless twats please.
I guess the difference is he's doing bits in the Premier League. He can also beat a man without having to just rely on the good ol' kick and run which would be a nice thing to have for once.

OleGunnar20

Yeah. Nico Williams is the perfect type of winger that a top club needs to help reach the level of the elite clubs. Olise is good, but I don't think he is a top level player. He's more just raising our floor rather than raising our ceiling. He doesn't have enough pace and directness when on the ball for me, much more of a passer/link up player out wide rather than a winger who can terrorize their fullbacks and create openings all game. Nico Williams and Garnacho on the wings gives us something like what Bayerns been constantly going for for 15 years now, and what I always think United should target. Great dribbling and directness from the wingers where they can go inside or out, but will just run at their fullbacks all day and provide both assists and goals. Both being game changers. Olise is the exact type of player I can see coming here and not really having a big impact.
I've only seen clips of Nico but he does look electric. I agree with what you're saying actually, that directness and bravery on the wings is what's needed more than creative connector types ala Sancho and Mata who have historically not worked for us.

I wonder if Hojlund would suit these types of wingers? I'm not sure.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Are you seriously suggesting we should not plan for the summer and should instead sell Antony and or Sancho before planning their replacements?
Of course we should plan for the summer. Change planning to buying. That's my point.

dubplate warrior

I've only seen clips of Nico but he does look electric. I agree with what you're saying actually, that directness and bravery on the wings is what's needed more than creative connector types ala Sancho and Mata who have historically not worked for us.

He needs a creator, too many greedy players around him means he never gets a shot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I think he would. Hojlund is good at hold up play, and his link up will inevitably improve where he can play these guys in. Nico and Garnacho could also just make things happen all day out wide and whip balls in for him in the middle or go on their own.

It's probably far closer to a "traditional United" tactic while embracing modern tactics and styles as well. Guys like Mata, Sancho, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Antony out wide... It's all trying to change us in a way that has never been loved by United fans or suited to what we've ever wanted to be as a club. I don't know all the options out there, but Nico Williams is for me the one who I've seen enough of to really rate, can play either wing like Garnacho can, has the analytics to back it up and really project himself to be a future world class winger.

Redstain

It's a no brainer he's a good age, prem proven experience and offers what the team lacks in wide areas. Unsure about the legitimacy of his interest as there's no new DOF and head of recruitment but do hope he's pursued in the summer.

Cassidy

Of course we should plan for the summer. Change planning to buying. That's my point.
I don't think the order really matter as long it it happens in the same window.
Quite obviously we are planning to shift at least Sancho and are doing ground work on the replacement

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I don't think the order really matter as long it it happens in the same window.
Quite obviously we are planning to shift at least Sancho and are doing ground work on the replacement
Order matters because if we buy first, every other team knows we can't keep all these players so they can lowball offers. Selling first also has the obvious benefit of getting more money in the transfer kitty helping with future transfer business. It can be done well in reverse order as well but do you really trust the people making the decisions after their track record?

Robbie Boy

I'm not sold on him, but if we trade AWB and get him for a reasonable fee, I'm open to it.

Cassidy

Order matters because if we buy first, every other team knows we can't keep all these players so they can lowball offers. Selling first also has the obvious benefit of getting more money in the transfer kitty helping with future transfer business. It can be done well in reverse order as well but do you really trust the people making the decisions after their track record?
And if we sell first everyone knows we have cash and will charge us more. Its swings and roundabouts we just need to be better with transfer execution as a whole

OleGunnar20

I think he would. Hojlund is good at hold up play, and his link up will inevitably improve where he can play these guys in. Nico and Garnacho could also just make things happen all day out wide and whip balls in for him in the middle or go on their own.

It's probably far closer to a "traditional United" tactic while embracing modern tactics and styles as well. Guys like Mata, Sancho, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Antony out wide... It's all trying to change us in a way that has never been loved by United fans or suited to what we've ever wanted to be as a club. I don't know all the options out there, but Nico Williams is for me the one who I've seen enough of to really rate, can play either wing like Garnacho can, has the analytics to back it up and really project himself to be a future world class winger.
Thanks for the reply, he does look a really interesting prospect. I see there was talk of a ~£40 move to Liverpool this window which has been shut down. I wonder how much he'd be likely to cost?

I agree that a move back to directness on the flanks would be great to see. How you match that up with the modern possession based approach I'm not sure, but then I'm just an idiot on a football forum.

Hojlund so far has struggled for me with getting on the end of the crosses youd likely see far more of from these types of wingers, but i rate him highly nevertheless.

Theres definitely a lot of upside there if he can improve on some of these positional and timing parts of his game. I wonder if Ruud would mind having a few sessions with him. He was the master afterall.
I'm not sold on him, but if we trade AWB and get him for a reasonable fee, I'm open to it.
I can see the appeal in an AWB trade + cash. They're still playing Ward(34) & Clyne(32) there I think, so will definitely be in need of an upgrade.

bosskeano

Unless we sell Rashford, Antony or Sancho, we dont need more wingers.
wrong....we need to find wingers that can produce. 2 of those 3 most certainly haven't produced at all and one has struggled for over 6 months iwth his form and motivation

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sounds like typical United thinking. Of course the problem is that the players came from palace rather than that they were the wrong players
Indeed, that's such a braindead way of assessing transfer targets that it doesn't even slightly surprise me that we may have come up with something this ridiculous.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Unless we sell Rashford, Antony or Sancho, we dont need more wingers.
Well we obviously do need more wide players because two of those you mention are abject failures, Sancho will be gone at the end of the season, likely at a significant loss; and I highly doubt we'll be able to sell Antony for more than 30m, unless we get a crazy offer from the middle east. So we are going to lose a lot of money on two terrible transfers. Either that or Sancho leaves and is replaced by Olise, and a new manager finds a way to get a tune out of Antony or converts him to a new position. Maybe he'll do a Joelinton and go from a useless forward to a quietly brilliant midfielder? I jest, I'm sure he's rubbish in every position.

Whatever happens, we definitely need at least one new winger because ours are useless.

KeanoMagicHat

Sounds like typical United thinking. Of course the problem is that the players came from palace rather than that they were the wrong players
Exactly, so stupid. Wan-Bissaka also has been fine, not that great but better than some players we've bought. Zaha fell out with Moyes immediately and that was over 10 years ago now. By that logic, we shouldn't have bought Casemiro because Di Maria didn't work out and we definitely shouldn't have bought Antony because Van de Beek didn't work out etc.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Personally would rather we get in the DOF first and then start buying players.

Rojofiam

I really hope this is BS. Not because I desperately want Olise, but because of how brain dead stupid the logic is.

Zaha was signed over 10 years ago on the back of being the Championship POTS.

And the failure of the AWB signing has exactly feck all to do with Olise. Sign or don't sign players based on their merits, not because they play for Palace.
I agree. Neither of those two players have anything to do with Olise.

It's the same logic people use when bringing up head-to-head records between two teams or trophies won decades ago when arguing about the present, as if any of those things won 50 years ago have any relevance to current players and managers