Mike Maignan - Lille GK

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Van Der Sar. We knew what we were getting. Steady Eddie.

I thought Barthez was too short. Bozzie... he was never that impressive at the Villa. Good but not great. The rest were unknown quantities incl Schmikes when they came.
Steady Eddie crumbled like an apple crumble at Juve

Red_toad

Looks more comfortable with the ball than a couple of our centrebacks.
One of those keepers who somehow doesn’t get caught slapping the ball back into dangerous areas when saving the ball. I’d hope we can find a keeper who can actually catch the ball. No point being good with the ball at your feet if you struggle to catch it in your hands. His issues will soon be worked out in the premier league.

Sp00ks11

Why would we pay . for a new keeper ? why not let Romeiro and Henderson fight for the spot with Romeiro the starter due to his experience (he has always been good when playing)
Romero is a decent back up and no more than that (he has been his whole career), Henderson I am excited for but let's see how he fares in the premier league on loan with a recall clause.

kode

Romero is a good backup but nothing more than that for the level we want to be at and Henderson has potential but still has plenty of flaws in his game which he may or may not eradicate but is a good couple of years away from being top PL level. We need an answer for right now if Dave is leaving and Romero and Henderson are not it unless we want to fall further behind the top clubs.
you seem to forget that this guys has only one great season... last year he wasnt amazing. He doesnt show amazing talents for us to sacrifice both romeiro and henderson

you seem to forget that this guys has only one great season... last year he wasnt amazing. He doesnt show amazing talents for us to sacrifice both romeiro and henderson
Romero has never been #1 in his career, why is it a good time to start now? Playing cup games etc is different from playing every week.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
His YouTube videos are horrendous. Complete flap merchant.

Hopefully not a true reflection on his ability.

kode

Romero has never been #1 in his career, why is it a good time to start now? Playing cup games etc is different from playing every week.
What I am saying is that this guy isnt better than Romero, pleinty keepers have been number 1 all their carreers yet you would not take them ahead of Romeiro. Maignan is one of them, i watch the league 1 and i can tell you he isnt top quality.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Romero was a first choice at Sampdoria and AZ Alkmaar, he was pretty good for both clubs. At Monaco he was unlucky, Subasic surprised everyone with his performances and Ranieri decided to stick with him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Van Der Sar. We knew what we were getting. Steady Eddie.

I thought Barthez was too short. Bozzie... he was never that impressive at the Villa. Good but not great. The rest were unknown quantities incl Schmikes when they came.
Hadn't Schmikes just won the Euros?

Gopher Brown

The reason it was hard replacing Schmeichel was because Bosnich was a coke head, but he did win us the world club Cup against Palmeiras.

Barthez at 5'9 was too short and was always gonna struggle in the EPL due to that.

Roy Carrol and Tim Howard were never of the required standards.

It's pretty easy to see why we struggled to replace Schmeichel tbf.
Barthez was 5ft 11 according to Wikipedia. Don’t make stuff up.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He won the Euros whilst being a United player. We signed him in 1991..
My bad. He was 28/29 when we got him right? I was only 1 at the time, so I don't know. But he can't have been unknown.

spenzo

Dean Henderson. That is all. Might as well sell him if we bring in another young keeper.

Gopher Brown

I don't know about Wikipedia, but I've walked past Barthez and alot of United players past and present and he wasn't 5'11.
You are the tallest man on Earth though, so it’s probably hard for you to assess.