Million dollar question shambles Part 999...emergency

Ranchero

That defeat against. Newcastle put Ole on 17 points from his last 17 games. Jose got the boot having taken nine more points from the same number of games.

But getting rid of the manager will not fix our plunge into irrelevance as a club.

One comment from Ole that is REALLY scary hints at the poison that seems to remain even though it was thought we had got rid of that (wrongly) by removing Mourinho. He talked of having loads of players injured or " away".
"[Where are they?] That's the million dollar question, now, isn’t it? ."

What? So Ole doesnt know what is going on with missing players and is perhaps hinting at an attitude issue.

Pogba. Where is he, for instance. The player who wants to be elsewhere...is. Just not at another club, yet.

Pogba was poisonous in the dressing room under Jose and it seems those issues have not disappeared with a different manager.

Nor has the incompetent way our club is being run.

I asked a Newcastle fan whether he would rather have the Glazers or Mike Ashley as owner(s). He took a while before plumping for "neither". When pushed and only when pushed he went for the Glazers. An indictment of the Americans' disinterested attitude to our club.

Having said that...at least Mike Ashley was at the game.

Where we are as a club is we have too many big money players who are there for salaries, or dont want to be there, or just are not good enough.

We have a manager who will always be a legend, but is out of his depth. If we lack goals and Greenwood was seen as a solution for the departing Lukaku..what is the youngster doing on the bench? Bringing the consistently unimpressive Chong on to change the game is baffling...at least Gomes has shown us something. And shifting Tuanzebe from central defence out wide to accommodate Rojo after performing well for so long against Newcastle just blew my mind.

Add to that an executive that is wayward (Woodward) in his vision for the club outside the commercial side, and we are deeply in the mire.

I said before Mourinho was fired that that was not the answer. The only way this club can go forward is to get a man or men with a vision for the game who have the power to run the football side of the club without interference. Perhaps a director of football alongside a manager.

And we need to get rid of those players who do not want to be at the club. Pogba being at the head of the list.

And reset..yet again.

Last edited:

hn4manunited

That defeat against. Newcastle put Ole on 17 points from his last 17 games. Jose got the boot having taken nine more points from the same number of games.

But getting rid of the manager will not fix our plunge into irrelevance as a club.

One comment from Ole that is REALLY scary hints at the poison that seems to remain even though it was thought we had got rid of that (wrongly) by removing Mourinho. He talked of having loads of players injured or " away".
"[Where are they?] That's the million dollar question, now, isn’t it? ."

What? So Ole doesnt know what is going on with missing players and is perhaps hinting at an attitude issue.

Pogba. Where is he, for instance. The player who wants to be elsewhere...is. Just not at another club, yet.

Pogba was poisonous in the dressing room under Jose and it seems those issues have not disappeared with a different manager.

Nor has the incompetent way our club is being run.

I asked a Newcastle fan whether he would rather have the Glazers or Mike Ashley as owner(s). He took a while before plumping for "neither". When pushed and only when pushed he went for the Glazers. An indictment of the Americans' disinterested attitude to our club.

Having said that...at least Mike Ashley was at the game.

Where we are as a club is we have too many big money players who are there for salaries, or dont want to be there, or just are not good enough.

We have a manager who will always be a legend, but is out of his depth. If we lack goals and Greenwood was seen as a solution for the departing Lukaku..what is the youngster doing on the bench? Bringing the consistently unimpressive Chong on to change the game is baffling...at least Gomes has shown us something. And shifting Tuanzebe from central defence out wide to accommodate Rojo after performing well for so long against Newcastle just blew my mind.

Add to that an executive that is wayward (Woodward) in his vision for the club outside the commercial side, and we are deeply in the mire.

I said before Mourinho was fired that that was not the answer. The only way this club can go forward is to get a man or men with a vision for the game who have the power to run the football side of the club without interference. Perhaps a director of football alongside a manager.

And we need to get rid of those players who do not want to be at the club. Pogba being at the head of the list.

And reset..yet again.
And that point total is after Jose has thrown in the towel from the beginning of the season to bring attention to the issues at the club.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Supposedly, Pogba wasn't even fully fit when we played Arsenal and Ole even confirmed that his ankle was still swollen. The injury is likely legitimate. However, I'm convinced that Pogba has his head turned and you really can't blame him too much seeing the shambles that we're seeing.

hn4manunited

Supposedly, Pogba wasn't even fully fit when we played Arsenal and Ole even confirmed that his ankle was still swollen. The injury is likely legitimate. However, I'm convinced that Pogba has his head turned and you really can't blame him too much seeing the shambles that we're seeing.
the shambles was part his doing. He had a hand in creating all of it.

Florida Man

the shambles was part his doing. He had a hand in creating all of it.
No doubt he has his responsibility in it. It sucks because he's a quality player but is a terrible dressing room influence when he's the main man. We are lacking in leadership and quality so that makes it incredibly challenging to send him off, whereas in former times, we had options and didn't have to put up with a player's bullshit.

In Rainbows

The agenda against Pogba is something else. How was Pogba poisonous in the dressing room?

Florida Man

The agenda against Pogba is something else. How was Pogba poisonous in the dressing room?
Personifies the younger YouTube generation of football
Huge focus on personal brand that one can question whether or not it takes precedent over the football
His agent (probably the biggest reason)
Being the main man with no other senior players who he can look up to and respect, which he had at Juve and his first season with us (Zlatan)
Half assing it in games due to lack of training, being disillusioned, or not giving a shit anymore (sort of understandable but a bad influence on the team nonetheless)

There's way too much smoke around Pogba's attitude for there not to be any truth to it. Mourinho was an absolute cnut and was rightly sacked, but I think he was onto something whenever he talked about or alluded to Pogba.

Ranchero

Firstly the fact he openly courted Real while we were fighting for Top 4 and after an amazing run. And still is. That undermines everything a manager tries to do and puts questions in everyone's minds. Also look a look at THAT video involving him and Mourinho. And the gloating after he went.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Blaming pogba AGAIN get a grip :lol:

Ole himself said his ankle swelled up like a balloon.

why aren’t you questioning martial or shaw?

romufc

Ole is to blame on his lack of tactics.

We cannot get Manchester United to score a goal from open play.

We can't even create a chance. a goal scoring chance...

thesheriffjw

Blaming Pogba is a bit rich. At least he tries something different and actually tries to create.

That yesterday, is as bad as it gets. Newcastle are dire and will go down. Utd didnt create, didnt look interested and some of the players should never play for the club again.

To look that bad against a team that shite is embarrassing.

Someone needs a rollicking and Ole is NOT the man to do it.

fergiesarmy1

Ole is to blame on his lack of tactics.

We cannot get Manchester United to score a goal from open play.

We can't even create a chance. a goal scoring chance...
I would blame the players myself.

romufc

I would blame the players myself.
The players are clearly told what to do by the manager. If you blame players, the manager should too?

If that is the case, why does he insist on playing them weekly. I understand the injury situation but if you are going into a season saying I trust the youngsters why not play them?

Why not start Greenwood? Is he going to be worst than Rashford?

It is clear Rashford is a LW. Why not move him to the right and play Greenwood?

Judas

Open to offers
The players are clearly told what to do by the manager. If you blame players, the manager should too?

If that is the case, why does he insist on playing them weekly. I understand the injury situation but if you are going into a season saying I trust the youngsters why not play them?

We shouldn't be starting a 17 year old when we're a car crash of a team. You want to see Greenwood end up an empty husk of a player like Rashford currently looks? Then great yeah start him every week and you'll see what happens. It's terrible management throwing all these kids in with a few underperforming older players, it's a recipe for a disaster.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Personifies the younger YouTube generation of football
Huge focus on personal brand that one can question whether or not it takes precedent over the football
His agent (probably the biggest reason)
Being the main man with no other senior players who he can look up to and respect, which he had at Juve and his first season with us (Zlatan)
Half assing it in games due to lack of training, being disillusioned, or not giving a shit anymore (sort of understandable but a bad influence on the team nonetheless)

There's way too much smoke around Pogba's attitude for there not to be any truth to it. Mourinho was an absolute cnut and was rightly sacked, but I think he was onto something whenever he talked about or alluded to Pogba.
Or in other words, you choose to believe the smoke. You can dislike his off the pitch activities (not my cup of tea either) or his personality even but to go as far saying he is a legit poison ? That's just too much based on nothing but a climate created by Mourinho since Pogba won the World Cup (he started criticizing him the day after the final).
edit: You can also criticize his football without a doubt too as he hasn't been good enough for long periods of time. That's fair game as far as I'm concerned but more than that is crazy talk for me.

fergiesarmy1

I’m sure he’s not telling them not to score :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
The smoke comes from Jose and the scum media. That's it. No one else slags him off, unless I'm missing something. Imagine feeding into stuff from The Sun in 2019. Hilarious.

Irrational.

Playing Pogba against Rochdale for 90 minutes is one of a few stupid Ole decisions. Risking him in a meaningless game against meaningless opposition.

romufc

We shouldn't be starting a 17 year old when we're a car crash of a team. You want to see Greenwood end up an empty husk of a player like Rashford currently looks? Then great yeah start him every week and you'll see what happens. It's terrible management throwing all these kids in with a few underperforming older players, it's a recipe for a disaster.
We should have thought about that in July when deciding going into the season with No recognised striker then saying I trust the youngsters.

I don't mean every week, until Martial is back see what he can do. What difference is it to start him or to bring him on at 60 mins when we are 1-0 down? There is NO difference.

romufc

I’m sure he’s not telling them not to score :lol:
Well ofcourse not directly, but it is a manager's job to set a team up, who attacks etc. We have 1 player in the box. that is the managers instructions.

johanovic

When looking closely at this squad it´s obvious why we are in this postion in my estimate:
1 group. Players good enough for United: De Gea,Maguire,Bissaka,Pogba,Shaw and you could even claim that Pogba and Shaw could be classified as players with a point to prove.
2 group. Players perhaps good enough for United but with a point to prove: Martial,Rashford,Greenwood,Chong,McTominay,Garner,Gomes,James,Tuanzebe,Dalot
3 group. Players with no future at United: Bailly,Jones,Rojo,Young,Fosu Mensah,Mata,Lingard,Pereira,Fred and Matic.

So despite getting rid of 7 players this summer we have at least 7 to 10 players with no future at this club. None of these in players in group 3 have a future at this club and the state of this playing squad is just beyond belief. It´s not because of lack of funds but because how we have used that over the last 6 years.

Seeing Mata,Fred and Young playing this weekend despite everybody seeing that they have nothing to offer is just beyond belief. Play Garner,Gomes,Williams and Chong as there is at least a future in it instead of playing players that are rubbish. I'm sure the young ones would not play worse than this lot and they have heart and desire to do well for this club and that is something a lot of the so called "senior" pro´s at this club do not have.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Blaming Pogba is a bit rich. At least he tries something different and actually tries to create.

That yesterday, is as bad as it gets. Newcastle are dire and will go down. Utd didnt create, didnt look interested and some of the players should never play for the club again.

To look that bad against a team that shite is embarrassing.

Someone needs a rollicking and Ole is NOT the man to do it.
Ole is to blame for not playing Pogba in the correct formation. It is only when it goes wrong that he moves him further forward. He should be there in the first place.

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
Get decking rid of Pogba asap, while it's possible to cash in on him. Let's be realistic, United are on the fringes of a relegation scrap and he's not the kind of player who is any good for that. He doesn't even want to be here anyway so why would he give a damn anyway?

He's another Willie Morgan, massively inconsistent and a big I am, when united were struggling in 73/4 and you wanted someone to get stuck in and put a shift in, he would go missing. All I've seen of Pogba are flashes here and there, no consistency whatsoever.

fezzerUTD

Eh?

arthurka

And that point total is after Jose has thrown in the towel from the beginning of the season to bring attention to the issues at the club.
You could argue the same from our board this season. This window was in no way a clear sign of intent, Ole even came and said if Lukaku was sold they would sign a striker to replace him. It could easily be said that our board knew what they were going into both under Mourinho and now under Jose, Ole is just trying to make the best of it but Mourinho didn´t want to take that shit.

Mark Pawelek

What disaster? We still have good defenders. Did you think Newcastle could beat us 4-0 with their weak side?

We have 3 strikers. Martial is injured. Rashford hardly looks like a striker. The other is aged 17. It is pointless having teenagers in a squad unless they're played. The main objective in football is to win - not career development of teenagers by making sure they're never embarrassed or humiliated. Greenwood's fans want to see him play because he's a more natural striker than Rashford; a better goal threat. Rashford is in a rut too.

Last edited:

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not even playing, we're utterly wank and people still bang on about him like he's the devil himself. Weird bunch.
It's because ALL of our hopes of any degree of success are pinned on Pogba, so any failing, and it's automatically Pogba's fault, because there is no-one else with the capability.....:rolleyes: