Mine recommendations : United's top & medium transfer budget to premier league title

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Misleading. I can’t see a recommendation for a mine in that whole post. Just a bunch of football players. I suppose they have mostly been closed in the UK in fairness. I guess that new place in Cumbria wins by default? :wenger:

OptimisedRed

Misleading. I can’t see a recommendation for a mine in that whole post. Just a bunch of football players. I suppose they have mostly been closed in the UK in fairness. I guess that new place in Cumbria wins by default? :wenger:
Could definitely recommend some footballers for the mines though.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Any mine recommendations for FA Cup Final. Preferably something which Haaland can step on in the first minute itself

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So your recommendations are basically players who the media have linked us for months and no actual new player recommendations :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just scrolling past the OP took longer than reading all the other 39 posts on that page.

Gordon S

One of my favourite posters on the caf and i have not yet managed to read through one of these essays.
Incredible stuff really!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
History shows that clubs that fixated into winning something usually ends up not winning it at all. We had Liverpool of the 90-2000s obsessed with the EPL and of course Juventus and PSG with their obsession of the CL. That's because short cuts are taken (ex buying Ronaldo or Messi) instead of building the foundations to success which of course require more time for better benefits. Bringing too many players in is not a wise option either. It would disrupt the dressing room. Finally we need to take into account years of bad management. For example it would be almost impossible to sell Sancho or Martial considering their salary. There's also the argument of homegrown players that need to be taken in account here.

Thus here is what I think

GK: DDG must be kept at this point however as ETH said a cover/competition should be on the cards. Meslier could be that good cover/competition/future successor we need. He's young, his distribution of the ball is quite good and Leeds got relegated which means that his price will probably go down. Raya and the Ukranain giant Trubin could be great alternatives and both are with 1 year left in their contract.

Defence: Jones is set to leave. Hopefully he'll be joined by the likes of Maguire, Bailly and Telles. If money is not an issue then Kim Min Jae is a non brainer. He's one of the finest CBs in the Serie A and his minimum fee clause makes him pretty value for money. If money is an issue then I'd suggest free transfer Ndicka.

DM: I think that we need to bring in a cover/competitor/future successor for Casemiro. My favourite would be Rice. He is young, he's future captain material, he's homegrown and his distance covered and interceptions are off the charts. Rice can play both alongside Casemiro or cover for him. However at a rumoured 100m fee that option is out of the window if we're going cheap. In that case I'd have a closer look at Ndidi. Once a hot property he's form had nosedived lately (same as most of Leicester fc team). However at a good price he'd be worth a punt. Another player that deserves a close look is Abdul Samed Salis. The guy is a real engine and his passing ability is quite good

MC: We need a competitor/replacement for Eriksen. As a cheap option Tielemans might do the trick. If we can spend good money then maybe we can have a look at Milinkovic Savic whose assists and goals from CM is off the charts. With 1 year left in his contract, Lazio might finally negotiate a good deal at this point

STK: We need 2 strikers actually as Martial is always injured. Considering that there's no striker out there worth spending 100m upon then my strategy would be the following. I'd bring Benzema on a free to provide experience and goals. I'd sent Greenwood on loan for a year to a club were he can score ample goals (Dutch league under RVN?). That would boost his reputation which in turn would increase his value (if we're determined to sell) or might pave a way back to United (please lets not turn this in a Greenwood debate). Then I'd go for a young striker. Hojlund, Muani or David should do.

What I would consider a great window

Top end: Meslier, Kim Min Jae, Rice, Milinkovic Savic, Muani, Benzema
Low end: Raya, Ndicka, Salis/Ndidi, Tielemans, Benzema, Hojlund/David.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Always appreciate these threads. Sometimes those hidden gems like Kane and Rice go under the radar.

ifightdragons

Kane is a goal machine and Alan Shearer and world class level of a CF.
Since Harry Kane obviously is Alan Shearer, doesn't that mean that Shearer has scored almost 500 PL goals? That's very impressive.

I think you may be on to something. We should get him. Voodoo reincarnation practices be damned.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
TL;DR We should buy good players.

Except if you are devilish, in which case we should buy overrated players, or ones past their best.

Oranges038

History shows that clubs that fixated into winning something usually ends up not winning it at all. We had Liverpool of the 90-2000s obsessed with the EPL and of course Juventus and PSG with their obsession of the CL. That's because short cuts are taken (ex buying Ronaldo or Messi) instead of building the foundations to success which of course require more time for better benefits. Bringing too many players in is not a wise option either. It would disrupt the dressing room. Finally we need to take into account years of bad management. For example it would be almost impossible to sell Sancho or Martial considering their salary. There's also the argument of homegrown players that need to be taken in account here.

Thus here is what I think

GK: DDG must be kept at this point however as ETH said a cover/competition should be on the cards. Meslier could be that good cover/competition/future successor we need. He's young, his distribution of the ball is quite good and Leeds got relegated which means that his price will probably go down. Raya and the Ukranain giant Trubin could be great alternatives and both are with 1 year left in their contract.

Defence: Jones is set to leave. Hopefully he'll be joined by the likes of Maguire, Bailly and Telles. If money is not an issue then Kim Min Jae is a non brainer. He's one of the finest CBs in the Serie A and his minimum fee clause makes him pretty value for money. If money is an issue then I'd suggest free transfer Ndicka.

DM: I think that we need to bring in a cover/competitor/future successor for Casemiro. My favourite would be Rice. He is young, he's future captain material, he's homegrown and his distance covered and interceptions are off the charts. Rice can play both alongside Casemiro or cover for him. However at a rumoured 100m fee that option is out of the window if we're going cheap. In that case I'd have a closer look at Ndidi. Once a hot property he's form had nosedived lately (same as most of Leicester fc team). However at a good price he'd be worth a punt. Another player that deserves a close look is Abdul Samed Salis. The guy is a real engine and his passing ability is quite good

MC: We need a competitor/replacement for Eriksen. As a cheap option Tielemans might do the trick. If we can spend good money then maybe we can have a look at Milinkovic Savic whose assists and goals from CM is off the charts. With 1 year left in his contract, Lazio might finally negotiate a good deal at this point

STK: We need 2 strikers actually as Martial is always injured. Considering that there's no striker out there worth spending 100m upon then my strategy would be the following. I'd bring Benzema on a free to provide experience and goals. I'd sent Greenwood on loan for a year to a club were he can score ample goals (Dutch league under RVN?). That would boost his reputation which in turn would increase his value (if we're determined to sell) or might pave a way back to United (please lets not turn this in a Greenwood debate). Then I'd go for a young striker. Hojlund, Muani or David should do.

What I would consider a great window

Top end: Meslier, Kim Min Jae, Rice, Milinkovic Savic, Muani, Benzema
Low end: Raya, Ndicka, Salis/Ndidi, Tielemans, Benzema, Hojlund/David.
Lot to digest here. Here's my few cents.
Raya, KMJ & Rice are solid options.
Trubin isn't good enough. Kovar for 2nd/3rd GK.
SMS is the new Sneijder, it won't ever happen.
Ndicka will end up at Bayern.
Muani will end up at Bayern.
Hojlund will go to one of the Milan teams.
David?? Nah, should have got Jesus last year.
Never heard of Salis, must look him up.
Leicester players can stay there.
Tielemans is a fat plodder.
RVN is no longer at PSV.
Benzema is signing a new deal at Real.
Meslier is shite.

Ted Lasso

Money doesn't win championships. Good cheating...err...coaching does.

cheekybackheel

I'm guessing you did a few lines of Charlie and some Red Bull before writing that?

I had to put it on 'Text-to-Speak' to finish it.

Reminds me of that Friends scene where Ross goes. " 18 pages..FRONT AND BACK!!"

justsomebloke

Today i will write about 2 transfer budget that will lead to premier league title for United. A top transfer budget and a medium transfer budget. How they will line up in United team. And what they will strength and bring to United.

Let us start with the top budget that will lead to the premier league title in the near future. Which players I think United need to become as complete as a team as possible. A dominate winning team with minimal and few weakness = A complete team.

A top transfer budget:

+ A close to top and world class level of a CB = Kim Min Jae from, Napoli and South Korea. An energetic, athletic, powerful and aggressive top level CB.

His market value = 50 mill euros. He has a 50 mill euros release clause. Starting from 1.July and last in 2 weeks. A top class/level CB is a must. Why? Because Varane is really often injury during a season. And with Martinez out for really long and will miss many months of the start of next season. I can conclude and recommend A top level CB is a must

+ A top level and world class CF = Harry Kane = is a must.

His market value = 90 mill euros.

Potential pay price : Kane is on his last year of contract. And from Spurs point of view. They may argue that United paid around 60 mill £ plus adds on for Casemiro last summer. And Harry Kane is good, important and quality as Casemiro for a team. And I would agree with that. If Casemiro pay price is the standard and comparison we go after.

Casemiro was 30 years of age last year and Kane will become 30 this summer too. So I think the potential pay price for Harry Kane is around 70 mill £ plus adds on, like Kane helping United to premier league title and champion league title. A 70 mill £ is a fair and good price for both parts.

Kane is a goal machine and Alan Shearer and world class level of a CF. Quality costs money. The price shall be at least 70 £ mill on his last year of contract.

If Spurs decide to keep Kane to help them to achieve top 4 and champion league next season. And I am sure Kane will not renew his contract with Spurs. If Pochettino was appointed by Spurs. Kane might renew contract. So I don’t see Kane renew his contract this summer. Then I think United can just a official 70 mill £ for Kane. To show that he is wanted by United. Every football player feel wanted. It will help the negotiation later in January when Kane is free to talk and negotiate with any club.

+ A really/very good and dominate CM player = Declan Rice from West Ham = Not a must have. But with Declan Rice in front of the back line and potential beside Casemiro will make United really hard to beat and score against. Imagine a double CM partnership with Casemiro & Rice plus with super aggressive and solid Kim Min Jae and Martinez behind them. I think the combination Casemiro, Rice, Min Jae and Martinez will make United a lot more stronger, tight and solid than this year defend edition 22/23. Rice his strength is to protect and shield the defend, and with interceptions. But when Rice is first on the run forward with the ball. He is not easy to take the ball from. Because Rice is strong and powerful. And Rice is capable of scoring goals too. Like his attacking abilities is average, is not right. Strong defensive, but good in the attack too.

His market value = 80 mill euros. West Ham and Moyes value him = 120 mill £.

I think potential good pay price for both parts is = around 100 £ plus/minus with adds on. I will not pay 120 £ for Rice. I will consider to pay 100 £ will adds on for him. Because Rice is only 24. Really consistent and on his way to the peak of his career. A leader, has the dominant presence and a player that take responsibility. In others words. A player that you can rely and trust on.

So in today price market. For a quality of Rice level and quality. I think 100 mill £ plus adds on is a fair price

+ Bring squad quality and depth, to central midfield. A versatile and flexible cm player = Kenneth Taylor from Ajax. You can play Taylor all over the midfield area. As central or wide midfield player. He will do a good job. Because he is fast and really good with the ball. He has really high level of basic ball skills and football vision and understanding. Taylor will bring quality and depth to United squad. And will not be to rely on Christian Eriksen creative skills and ability when he is not available.

Taylor’s market value = 14 mill euros. Potential pay price = 20 -25 mill £. Even I think his market value can easily rise over 30 mill euros in the near future. At this moment around 25 mill £ plus adds on is a good price for both parts.

Now. What will those players bring and strength United? The top transfer budget to the premier league title.

First = A really strong central spine and United squad depth will be a lot really stronger = Can handle many games and in 3 important competitions next season.

In short summary:

+ Min Jae & Rice = Concede lesser goals, stronger defend. The hard to beat level and factor will rise a lot.

+ Kane & Taylor = bring creative and more goals to United = strength United attack.

Sum of those 2 key factors = stronger in defend/hard to beat + stronger in defend = Will make United more complete as a team. As possible.

And in the end how will this top transfer budget line up?

First I will line up in this season formation 4231 and a alternative formation is 433.

First 4231 formation:

Bissaka/Dalot – Varane/Min Jae/Lindelof – Min Jae/Martinez – Shaw/Malacia

Antony/Sancho – Eriksen/Rice – Casemiro/Taylor/Fred – Rashford/Sancho/Garnacho

Bruno + Kane/Martial/Rashford

433 formation :

Bissaka/Dalot – Varane/Min Jae/Lindelof – Min Jae/Martinez – Shaw/Malacia

Antony/Sancho – Eriksen/Rice – Casemiro/Rice – Bruno/Taylor/Fred - Rashford/Garnacho +

Kane/Martial/Rashford

United next season top level central spine = Top CB, Top CM, Top CF = will lead to premier league in the future.

United central spine next season: Min Jae&Martinez&Varane + Casemiro & Rice + Kane & Bruno + skillful and really quick wingers in Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho and Antony. Plus really side and full backs. = sum of those players and squad = I think is good enough for premier league title in the near future.

And in the end. The sum of the top transfer budget cost?

A top CF : 70 mill £

A top CB : 50 mill £

A really good CM : 100 mill £

A versatile & quality CM: max 30 mill £

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sum of those 4 players/top transfer budget = 250 mill £

To compare with Manchester City central spine. I think United new central spine is as good as City. Might just need time to gel together.

City strong central spine: Dias&Stones + Rodri&Gundogan&Bruyne + Haaland + They add pace and skill on the wings in Grealish, Foden, Silva and Mahrez. Squad depth in Alvarez.

I think and believe mine top transfer budget recommendation will match City central spine and XI. Just need time to gel together and understand each others.

------------------------------------------------------ + -----------------------------------------------------

That was the top transfer budget. Now we take a look at a medium transfer budget. Of course logically the chance to win the premier league is not high as the top transfer budget. But I do have a strong belief this medium transfer budget can win the premier league in the future too. On a condition that Ten Hag can develop and make those transfer budget player become better and close to top level players as possible.

And here is the medium transfer budget:

+ A top level CB. Kim Min Jae. Since the release clause in his contract is at a really good price. A 50 mill euros release clause. Min Jae will suit into the medium transfer budget too

+ A upcoming, promising and very good CF = Evan Ferguson. Not a top CF yet. But I do see and believe Ferguson has huge potential to become a really good CF in the future. To help United achieve premier league title.

Ferguson is a huge upgrade to Weghorst this season. Why? With the quality players and service behind and for him. I think if he play regular. Ferguson is good enough for 15 goals in the league. But he will battle that CF spot against Martial and Rashford. So competition will keep them on the toes.

His market value = 10 mill euros. Potential pay price = between 30 -40 mill £. For a British upcoming and promising CF. I think and believe Brighton will not demand 10 mill £. But around 40 mill £ plus adds on. And I think and agree 30 – 40 mill £ price for Ferguson is a good price for both parts.

It’s Ferguson first good, and not fully season in premier league. It’s bid hard to argue and demand more than 40 mill £ plus adds on.

+ Like Kim Min Jae i will add Kenneth Taylor in this medium transfer budget too. A versatile, flexible and really good upcoming cm player.

Taylor’s market value = 14 mill euros. Potential pay price = 20 -25 mill £. Even I think his market value can easily rise over 30 mill euros in the near future. At this moment around 25 mill £ plus adds on is a good price for both parts.

+ A really creative and good CM player = Orkun Kokcu from Feyenoord and Turkey. Kokcu is a upcoming cm player and think and believe is a upgrade on Christian Eriksen. And this current moment. I think I rate Kokcu over Eriksen. Why I rate over Eriksen? Because Kokcu is 22. Kokcu is 8 years younger than Eriksen = younger legs = run more than Eriksen. His creative and passing skill is as good as Eriksen. Maybe assist passes and key passes is not as good as Eriksen. I am not sure.

But last season I do recognize that United were struggling a bit while Eriksen was out with injury and with Casemiro absence too.

With Kenneth Taylor and Orkun Kokcu. 2 two really good and creative cm player will add strength, depth and give hard competition for the 2 or 3 cm spots.

And in the end. Kokcu is really good to dictate from the deep cm area and set up the tempo of the passing and build up play. His basic ball skill and ability is really high. Like Kenneth Taylor.

Kokcu’s market value = 30 mill euros. Potential pay price : 40 mill £ is fair and good price for both parts I think.

In short summary:

Ferguson & Kokcu & Taylor will add and strength the creative and goals to United = strength the offensive and attack part of the game.

While like above. Kim Min Jae and Taylor high working and running ability will help to strength United defend. Make United harder to beat and concede lesser goals.

And how will I line this medium transfer budget up? First in a 4231 formation. Then a 433 formation:

4231 formation :

Bissaka/Dalot – Varane/Min Jae/Lindelof – Min Jae/Martinez – Shaw/Malacia +

Antony/Sancho - Eriksen/Kokcu – Casemiro/Taylor/Fred - Rashford/Sancho/Garnahco +

Bruno + Martial/Rashford/Ferguson

433 Ajax and Dutch formation :

Bissaka/Dalot – Varane/Min Jae/Lindelof – Min Jae/Martinez – Shaw/Malacia +

Antony/Sancho - Eriksen/Bruno - Casemiro/Kokcu/Taylor – Taylor/Kokcu/Bruno/Fred – Rashford/Sancho/Garnacho +

Martial/Rashford/Ferguson

Like we can see. In those 2 formations. United will be really good double covered in each positions. It means really strong and quality squad depth with this medium transfer budget to the premier league title in the future.

+ Now the total sum of this medium transfer budget to the premier league title in the future.

A top CB : 50 mill £

A versatile & really good CM: 30 mill £

A new promising CF: 40 mill £

A high creative CM : 40 mill £

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sum of the medium transfer budget = A top CB + 3 new and really good upcoming quality players = 160 mill £

Now we compare the top transfer and against a medium transfer budget.

A top transfer budget = Top level players vs A medium TB = Upcoming really good and quality football players.

Of course if I have money I would go for the top transfer budget. Players that have held a high high top level in many years. Like the goal machine Harry Kane. Rice consistent ton top level in many years as CM player for West Ham and England.

But the alternative to the top transfer budget. Or you can combine from those 2 TB.

The chance to win the premier league is higher with the top TB. But the players from the medium TB I think in the future. Under the development of Erik Ten Hag. Can become and develop to the top level as football player and in theirs best position.

In the end I will talk a bit about United opponents teams. Against which teams. Which players I think and believe will work and be most effective.

Like Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal. Teams at current moment I think and believe will push United more back deep. Most of the minutes in game. Have most ball possession.

Then United need CM player like Declan Rice who is really good with interceptions. United have that kind of player in Scott McTominay too. But running with the ball forward I think and rate Rice better than ST.

Having both Casemiro and Rice will help to break up City and those teams attack. And when those 2 win the ball. United have really quick wingers to counter attack. And both Casemiro & Rice & Min Jae will help to make United a lot harder to beat and break. A more tight and solid defend. To concede lesser goals, during a season.

Compare against teams United will dominate most of the time and try to break and open up theirs tight defend. Then you need a cm player like Orkun Kokcu or Taylor. Who is more creative and quicker with the ball. You line the team up with more creative and offensive players. To help to open up tight and parking bus defend.

Or like against Brighton. United shall try to dominate more against Brighton. This season. Brighton if I am not wrong. Won both league matches and dominate the ball possession more than United. Having Kokcu and Taylor will rise the chance to dominate more against Brighton. Then naturally more dominate against other teams too.

So yeah. It depend against which teams and opponent. Some specific players I think and believe will suit more. But logically. The top transfer budget with Kane versus Ferguson.

Kane is on Alan Shearer and world class level vs a new upcoming really promising CF. In a short term. Kane will pay more off and will be a more safe and lesser risk choice. But in 5 years time. You never know what Ferguson will bring to the game. I think Evan Ferguson has huge potential. Under Ten development and with really good and quality teammates. The chance for him to reach the top level is there.

I think those are mine last and final decision on what you need and mine recommendations to United. To strength United both defensive and offensive. To make United complete as team as possible. A team without and with few weakness. To compete and to win premier league title and champion league in the future.

A strong and top central spine is crucial and really important.
Here's how I see it:

- We're at least 8 new players short of being a PL title calibre team: Two goalkeepers, a CB, at least one RB, two CMs and two strikers.
- That's an investment in the area of 3-400 million
- It's highly unlikely that we have a 100% hit rate in the purchases if we make. If we do really well, we get it right with 3 of 4 players. If so, then we're talking about a 4-500 million investment before we're there.
- That sounds a lot like three good summer windows worth of investment. By the time we've done that, it is likely that Casemiro, Eriksen and Varane will need replacing additionally, and Bruno will be heading into post-peak.

Conclusion: We're not strong title contenders any time soon.

Now, someone please convince me I'm wrong. :)

K Stand Knut

Here's how I see it:

- We're at least 8 new players short of being a PL title calibre team: Two goalkeepers, a CB, at least one RB, two CMs and two strikers.
- That's an investment in the area of 3-400 million
- It's highly unlikely that we have a 100% hit rate in the purchases if we make. If we do really well, we get it right with 3 of 4 players. If so, then we're talking about a 4-500 million investment before we're there.
- That sounds a lot like three good summer windows worth of investment. By the time we've done that, it is likely that Casemiro, Eriksen and Varane will need replacing additionally, and Bruno will be heading into post-peak.

Conclusion: We're not strong title contenders any time soon.

Now, someone please convince me I'm wrong. :)
You’re wrong.

COULD be done in the next two windows whether that be this summer and January or the next two summer windows.

We are not that far away IF we have a hit rate on incomings like last summer where they are more successful than not.

Are biggest problem is our back-up players being miles off the quality of the first XI and them all becoming too tired and unable to perform

justsomebloke

You’re wrong.

COULD be done in the next two windows whether that be this summer and January or the next two summer windows.

We are not that far away IF we have a hit rate on incomings like last summer where they are more successful than not.

Are biggest problem is our back-up players being miles off the quality of the first XI and them all becoming too tired and unable to perform
Thanks, but not convinced. :) An investment of that size is very unlikely to happen in two seasons, let alone two windows, in my view.

Hit rate: City is not far away from 100%. The other big 6 clubs are typically at around 50%, if you look at it over longer periods (say, 3 seasons). We don't really know yet that even our amazing last summer window will turn out much better than that - Martinez and Casemiro are clear hits, but jury's still out on Malacia and Antony.

K Stand Knut

Thanks, but not convinced. :) An investment of that size is very unlikely to happen in two seasons, let alone two windows, in my view.

Hit rate: City is not far away from 100%. The other big 6 clubs are typically at around 50%, if you look at it over longer periods (say, 3 seasons). We don't really know yet that even our amazing last summer window will turn out much better than that - Martinez and Casemiro are clear hits, but jury's still out on Malacia and Antony.
Yeah, I agree but I don’t think we need to spend that much. I’d be very happy to say that an out and out, world class number 9, especially Kane, elevates us one step to a team who ges 80+ points, which is where i think our realistic ambition for 23/24 should really be.

Add in another CB of Varane/Martinez quality along with a world class CM who can play alongside Casemiro and I think we should probably then be knocking on the door again.

I appreciate that it is all ifs, buts and maybes mixed in with a load of conjecture and personal opinion/preference but this is the first time in years that I think we’ve genuinely taken 2/3 steps forward and not followed it up with the same amount of steps plus one backwards.

ETH has done bigger and better things for this club/team than anyone else in the past 10 seasons and a lot more than he is getting credit for.

Bolster the squad so that he is happy to rotate more and I believe that it a massive positive, and I am the least optimistic United fan you’ll meet.

Writing posts like this makes me feel a bit weird

justsomebloke

Yeah, I agree but I don’t think we need to spend that much. I’d be very happy to say that an out and out, world class number 9, especially Kane, elevates us one step to a team who ges 80+ points, which is where i think our realistic ambition for 23/24 should really be.

Add in another CB of Varane/Martinez quality along with a world class CM who can play alongside Casemiro and I think we should probably then be knocking on the door again.

I appreciate that it is all ifs, buts and maybes mixed in with a load of conjecture and personal opinion/preference but this is the first time in years that I think we’ve genuinely taken 2/3 steps forward and not followed it up with the same amount of steps plus one backwards.

ETH has done bigger and better things for this club/team than anyone else in the past 10 seasons and a lot more than he is getting credit for.

Bolster the squad so that he is happy to rotate more and I believe that it a massive positive, and I am the least optimistic United fan you’ll meet.

Writing posts like this makes me feel a bit weird
I share the sentiment about Ten Hag, but there's just too many gaps that need filling, by the look of it. If it's really a 100m window this summer, and it looks like it will be, that'll barely maintain momentum.