Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
There's a village right next to our spawn. I looted their chests and got a few diamonds, hope that's okay and no one human was storing their treasures at this random village :nervous:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
As a general rule of thumb, any diamonds that are left anywhere are usually mine. Even if they haven’t been mined yet. Please return them to my base ;)

harms

Staff
As a general rule of thumb, any diamonds that are left anywhere are usually mine. Even if they haven’t been mined yet. Please return them to my base ;)
I thought so :)

By the way are villagers better equipped in hard mode or was I just unlucky in my solo survival experience?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Oh cool, I'll check this out.

edit: Forgot my name. addisnow for the whitelist please and thank you

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Hey, neighbour! ;)
Are you the one up in the mountains? I was standing outside your home shivering hoping for a quick nap as I entered the world in the middle of the night. Had to immediately fight a golden clad zombie and his son.

harms

Staff
Are you the one up in the mountains? I was standing outside your home shivering hoping for a quick nap as I entered the world in the middle of the night. Had to immediately fight a golden clad zombie and his son.
Yeah, I'm the one right above you. Was the zombie inside my house? :lol:

harms

Staff
The village closest to us got massacred :( I don't think that there's anyone left, in the end I was alone with my bare hands against 20 zombies (thankfully I was standing in the middle of a stream).

There aren't any options to repopulate the village, right?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
The village closest to us got massacred :( I don't think that there's anyone left, in the end I was alone with my bare hands against 20 zombies (thankfully I was standing in the middle of a stream).

There aren't any options to repopulate the village, right?
You can turn zombie villagers into normal villagers if you want to. Once you have two they can repopulate.

harms

Staff
You can turn zombie villagers into normal villagers if you want to. Once you have two they can repopulate.
Nah, I think they’re all gone — there’s no trace of them :( Those were regular zombies that spawned in crazy numbers for some reason.
I’ll need to check for sure, but I think that was it. For some reason the remaining 2 didn’t even go inside when night came!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Nah, I think they’re all gone — there’s no trace of them :( Those were regular zombies that spawned in crazy numbers for some reason.
I’ll need to check for sure, but I think that was it. For some reason the remaining 2 didn’t even go inside when night came!
Zombie villagers can still spawn naturally at night, just a case of finding and trapping one. We'll get some for our eventual spawn town

harms

Staff
Didn't know that the Nether portal connects to the closest one and not creates a new one — set up a new one at my base that leads to another player's Nether builds :annoyed:

harms

Staff
I've made a nether portal to another village (still populated, fingers crossed) — feel free to use it.

harms

Staff
Is the server dead? :(
It got over before it even started properly.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Is the server dead? :(
It got over before it even started properly.
I anticipated more people would be around due to lockdown etc. It didn't help that I got a huge urge to play Red Dead and COD around the same time. I think unless 20 people say they want to play it's a bit pointless to make caf servers any more, unless there is a hunger for some sort of modded version. Might be better in future if 5 or so people on here want to play, to team up and join an existing public server. Would probably be more fun.

harms

Staff
I anticipated more people would be around due to lockdown etc. It didn't help that I got a huge urge to play Red Dead and COD around the same time. I think unless 20 people say they want to play it's a bit pointless to make caf servers any more, unless there is a hunger for some sort of modded version. Might be better in future if 5 or so people on here want to play, to team up and join an existing public server. Would probably be more fun.
Probably!

harms

Staff
Any recommendations on which public server to join? No vicious PVP action, just a casual gaming with some interaction/communal projects etc.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Yeah shame the caf servers never really seem to last. Personally I just found that logging in and never seeing anyone else got a bit boring :(

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I have been thinking about this game for the last couple of days and not deep into any other games like last time and I still have the server which we can reset but.... will we have even 6 regular players??

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Maybe we should make the nether our main base of operations? Is it possible to set spawn to the nether?

harms

Staff
Maybe we should make the nether our main base of operations? Is it possible to set spawn to the nether?
We can set up a communal base with a Nether portal and expand from that? You’d still need something in the Overworld — to sleep, to mine etc.

harms

Staff
Not sure about the set spawn, but

Mojang said:
Added the respawn anchor that allows you to set your respawn point in the Nether. Use while holding glowstone to charge to a maximum of four charges – each respawn use one charge
  • You can charge the respawn anchor using a dispenser

harms

Staff
I’d say a full Nether reset and that’s it? If it’s possible. But yeah, I don’t mind either way.