Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
it wont let me make an anvil, do we need a new seed? :(

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I've been playing on another server with some mates running Tekkit. Christ it's different. So much more to make. Elevator rails, wiring, tonnes of new machines. It's a mod that puts railcraft, redstone craft and industrial craft all together. It's unreal.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
ah ill bet i know what it is - i havent updated my texture pack so there probably wasnt any anvil icon for it to display.

will check again in a min

Zarlak

Loving Tekkit. Got a minecart elevator from a secret room in my house going down to an underground base where I have a quarry mining automatically none stop down to bedrock and sending everything it mines up through pipe into diamond chests I have. From there the items get filtered out into different chests automatically so diamonds and iron go into one, cobble into another etc.

Next I'm going to expand a section so that the cobble gets recycled and start working on machines to produce dark matter so I can make red matter and then better armour and tools but I need to build a nuclear reactor first to power it all. I also have a suit that I can shoot lightning out of.

The whole process is automated once you build all different machines and power them, there are so many possibilities. Love the mod.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
The whole process is automated once you build all different machines and power them, there are so many possibilities. Love the mod.
Doesn't it take away a bit of the fun/challenge though?

Zarlak

Nah, it takes fecking forever to get everything up and running, lots and lots and lots of materials and a fair amount of time building which is fun. The satisfaction from making it all work is great. Then you move on to the next big thing.

You can't just click what you want and then put it down, well you can because it's still vanilla for a lot of stuff but take track for example. To make track you need to roll steel, so you need a machine that rolls materials. Only you need to make steel, so you have to have an alloy furnace. Then you have to compress shit, smelt stuff down, blah blah to make some rail. For a lot of stuff you need electric circuitry, which is made with rubber which you have to smelt resin that you tap from trees, mixed with copper which you smelt from ore, mixed with gold wire that you make with 3 gold ingots, all put together to make one unit of electric circuitry to build a machine that could compress materials to make wire for example. Then that machine needs powering with a generator of sorts, or solar power, and that may only be 1 of 3 machines you need to build something you really need, such as bundled cable. It's an immense challenge.

It took me 3 hours to build an elevator that goes down and stops at 2 floors going down 40 layers because of all the wiring, and all the wire I had to craft and the machines I had to build to get the bits I needed to craft, to then put together in a table to make a piece of wire.

Compared to vanilla where you just build a house for example, all the machines in this and all the components required to build the machines to do cool stuff, you can still build a house vanilla style, but once you've done with that all you can really do is build more. With this you can set up massive production lines to do all kinds of stuff.

Also it doesn't have to be automated, you can just set it up that way because you can get massive scale operations going. You could do it all manually it would just take longer. The choice is yours. My mate has a massive massive set up underground of a quarry mining stuff, into individual chests, where the items then get sorted and filtered into other chests to seperate them before all the junk gets recycled into dust which you can use to build precious metals, and all the good stuff gets sent upstairs to a room where it gets compressed, sorted again, turned into items which you can use to turn into matter and dark matter and make all kinds of cool shit out of. His whole base is powered by nuclear reactors that could blow up if he didn't maintain them properly and take his whole base and work with it.

Then he has a room with an automated bread farm where a machine uses a diamond hoe on a dirt block in front, places a seed, uses bonemeal, harvests into a chest and rinse and repeat. From there a tube runs so the wheat gets extracted to an automated crafting table where it makes bread and puts bread into an output chest. He only needs to keep it running with a steady amount of bonemeal otherwise it's automated. It just presents a challenge of 'hmm could I build X?' and then doing it is awesome.

Zarlak

Nothing, there isn't one on our server anymore. It was one from an old RedCafe server before we wiped it.

Since I'm playing a Tekkit server I don't really have much incentive to play vanilla anymore. Tekkit just shits all over it.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
Found a map renderer that works with 1.2.3 and can be run directly on the server, running first render right now, will make it run every 12 hours or even more often, depending on how much it loads the server.

Output is cool google maps like web page :-)

Address: RedCraft Map Overview

You might want to take a look at the 'cave' render :)

p.s.
and before anyone asks, nope, I've no idea why some blocks are pink! :rolleyes:
Is this no longer working Vol?

blythy

Fascist Dictator
Yep, that's working. I was just looking to "check" for caves ;)

blythy

Fascist Dictator
I'm guessing the server's died Vol?

I've submitted a whitelist application to the Tekkit server, Vimmers. I have no idea what I'm doing mind.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Ive tried to get on a few times in the past month, but I appreciate it was time for it to die. I still have no time to play anymore.