Mino Raiola coming out again with Pogba and why I don't care

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDontMessWith24

1) Foden is a far better player than him and needs game time as he inevitably develops into a world class player and City’s captain.

2) B. Silva is a better player than him.

3) Gundogan is a better player than him, and far more disciplined hence why Pep trusts him in the big games.

4) Pogba in Pep’s tiki-taka wing play system, where the LCM has to constantly press and keep the ball surrendering to a minimum is just never going to happen.
Nearly choked on my coffee :lol:

MattofManchester

He can leave. I'm not too bothered. But leaving in January will be very hard on us.
We're a man light on creativity in midfield and finding a replacement in that period is infinitely more difficult.

We need to replace Pogba with someone who actually is of an elite calibre in the role,and not make the same mistakes.

That's my number 1 concern.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Problem for Pogba is he is no longer essential to United, nor is he our best player. More than anything and what I love the most, is that Bruno has not only had a huge impact on the pitch, but he’s completely obliterated any power mino thought he had with Pogba at out club. The club can now let him go and not give a feck.

Last edited:

HowYouDoin

With the euros coming soon, Pogba does need to play, he does need to be gone. National Team is likely his priority.
Anyway, what Raiola said isnt anything new. We all knew it.
Pogba should play against Leipzig and its in the best interest of both parties that he plays well.
Pogba said it himself recently that he is having a hard period, he all but said he wants to be gone.

Best for both parties that we finally resolve this in january.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Worst part of this is how it highlights the 1 player in world football we most need - Haaland - is out of bounds because I never want to see the words Raoila and Manchester United again in the same sentence.

Such a sad way for this to end, but like all undesirable things that need doing, let's just get it done as quickly as possible.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Pogba staying or going doesn't bother me no more, his contribution is patchy at best, he could go tomorrow and I wouldn't care. I do hope Ole makes a point and doesn't play him till hes sold.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thankfully we’ve already moved on from him, we don’t need him anymore. If we can get good money for him next month then it’s in the best interests of the club and the player to move him on.
Hopefully we actually reinvest the money into the squad, rather than it getting pocketed by the glazers.

Tony247

Pogba staying or going doesn't bother me no more, his contribution is patchy at best, he could go tomorrow and I wouldn't care. I do hope Ole makes a point and doesn't play him till hes sold.
I say play him, don't pay him for nothing.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Worst part of this is how it highlights the 1 player in world football we most need - Haaland - is out of bounds because I never want to see the words Raoila and Manchester United again in the same sentence.

Such a sad way for this to end, but like all undesirable things that need doing, let's just get it done as quickly as possible.
Mono isn’t his manager. He just assisted in brokering the deal

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thankfully we’ve already moved on from him, we don’t need him anymore. If we can get good money for him next month then it’s in the best interests of the club and the player to move him on.
Hopefully we actually reinvest the money into the squad, rather than it getting pocketed by the glazers.
Yep. Before Bruno you could say its a loss, we can't replace him even though he hasn't performed consistently, etc... Now he doesn't make it into our best 11 based on what he's shown. Bruno is a better player, and Pogba doesn't suit him. So its simple.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Raiola is a tw*t. Also, great timing, Pogba has just come out of a really good performance. That sort of statement can only be designed to leverage more $$$ as it will annoy fans, owners, manager etc...
His goal was about the only good thing he did the entire game.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

This. I think signing Haaland will only lead to problems in the long run, despite short term gain.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He is only doing what he is instructed to do by his client, I don't get how people don't see this. Club before any player EVERY time IMO.

Alexit

Really not bothered if he goes at this point. Whatever man.

Toni's Left Foot

The PogbaUnited lovestory is like a house of cards, with everyone with his knives out ready to pounce. Hopefully we have No Surprises from now onwards from that creep Raiola.
Raiola really is a wolf at the door.

Is Ole's squad jigsaw falling into place now?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If i were manager, i would do to Pogba now what Arsenal have done to Ozil. He is seriously undermining Ole by saying this.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I still don’t get why people are either outraged or surprised by this development. We had to exercise the extension just to ensure he couldn’t agree a move in January for the summer. Given how quiet it has been on the contract extension front, it’s clear the likelihood is not on him being at the club in 18 months’ time.

Hard to feel any sympathy with United on this one. Either tie your most high profile, most valuable assets down for the long term or be prepared to readily engage in this sort of brinksmanship in the press.
Offer an astronomically expensive new, long-term contract to a player who’s been, more or less, rubbish ever since he joined the club? Not sure I follow your logic...

Where the club dropped a bollock was investing so much money on him in the first place. Throwing more money at the problem is not a solution.

Judas

Open to offers
The whole circus just isn't worth the hassle. It's not like he's Haaland, he's worth dealing with Mino over, but Pogba is so inconsistent, it just isn't worth the headache.

Get rid for a good price, invest it well, and we'll be better off.

Neo_Mufc

Actually think this is good news. If we can break even on what we bought him for that would be amazing.

redmanx

Are you a United fan? He’s come out & said one of our players is leaving the day before the 2 biggest games of the session so far. Shocking lack of respect for the club & the fans.
And Pogba hasnt said anything in reply. Surely even the most rabid Pogba fans can see he should be off loaded asap before he starts influencing young players to act as he does, just like he did before. I hoped after the WHU game Pogba might just have it in him to be the great player we all know he could be if put his mind to it, instead it seems he just used the match to showcase himself to Barca, Real, Juventus etc, just as I feared.

redmanx

Problem for Pogba is no longer essential to United, nor is he our best player. More than anything and what I love the most, is that Bruno has not only had a huge impact on the pitch, but he’s completely obliterated any power mino thought he had with Pogba at out club. The club can now let him go and not give a feck.
And the sooner the better.

hobbers

So long, good riddance. No more Raiola players. Haaland be damned.

Should be keeping him on the bench unless we get an injury to Bruno or VdB. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a half decent offer for him in January.

redmanx

He is only doing what he is instructed to do by his client, I don't get how people don't see this. Club before any player EVERY time IMO.
My thoughts exactly...if Pogba really wanted to stay and fight for his place as well as his dignity and the respect of his peers and fans he would have come out and refuted his agents words.....instead, silence, a silence that says everything we need to know about Paul bloody Pogba.

Ranchero

Mino Raiola is a virus and the less we have to deal with him the better in my opinion, as with Paul Pogba he has so much potential to make it to the next level but never will due to his attitude and him being more arsed about his image. With Van De Beek and Bruno am I worried if Pogba goes no, as Bruno is ten times the player Pogba is. We need to be seen as a force that we were under Sir Alex and that means taking a stand against the crap that we have to deal with in player and their toxic agents. I would drop Paul until Jan and ship him off. I would seriously use the money and go get James Ward-Prowse such a nice player with a great work ethic, vision and a great free kick too. I have said for a number of seasons he will get snapped up at a big club soon and I would definitely bring him in when we offload Pogba.
So Raola saying on the eve of our big game against Leipzig that Pogba is unhappy at Man Utd and wants to leave in the next transfer window. Once again, poison from the Frenchman and his agent. And before anyone jumps at that, if Pogba was not happy with what his paid agent says on his behalf, he had long since had the ability to fire him. But he never has.

Remember the season before last, Pogba made it clear he wanted to go to Real Madrid in March, in the run in to the end of the season when we were battling for Top 4. We failed.

As I have said before he is poisonous and the sooner he leaves, the better. Who would want him, and more to the point who would pay his asking price?

" "Paul is unhappy. He is no longer able to express himself as he would like and as expected of him," Raiola said. "He has to change teams; he has to change the air.

"He has a contract that will expire in a year and a half, but I think the best solution for the parties is to sell him in the next market," he told Tuttosport.

Raiola said it was not Pogba's "intention" to extend his contract.

“There’s no point beating around the bush. It’s better to speak clearly, look ahead and not waste time looking for culprits: Paul is unhappy at Manchester United," he said.

“He’s no longer able to express himself as he would like and as is expected of him. He has to change teams, change the air.

“He has a contract that will expire in a year and a half, in the summer of 2022. But I believe the best solution for all parties is to sell him in the next transfer window."

Last edited:

TheGame

So Raola saying on the eve of our big game against Leipzig that Pogba is unhappy at Man Utd and wants to leave in the next transfer window. Once again, poison from the Frenchman and his agent. And before anyone jumps at that, if Pogba was not happy with what his paid agent says on his behalf, he had long since had the ability to fire him. But he never has.

Remember the season before last, Pogba made it clear he wanted to go to Real Madrid in March, in the run in to the end of the season when we were battling for Top 4. We failed.

As I have said before he is poisonous and the sooner he leaves, the better. Who would want him, and more to the point who would pay his asking price?

" "Paul is unhappy. He is no longer able to express himself as he would like and as expected of him," Raiola said. "He has to change teams; he has to change the air.

"He has a contract that will expire in a year and a half, but I think the best solution for the parties is to sell him in the next market," he told Tuttosport.

Raiola said it was not Pogba's "intention" to extend his contract.

“There’s no point beating around the bush. It’s better to speak clearly, look ahead and not waste time looking for culprits: Paul is unhappy at Manchester United," he said.

“He’s no longer able to express himself as he would like and as is expected of him. He has to change teams, change the air.

“He has a contract that will expire in a year and a half, in the summer of 2022. But I believe the best solution for all parties is to sell him in the next transfer window."
Express himself - dance around the pitch and do feck all.

KungPaoChicken

Sometimes you got to wonder if Mino Raiola enjoys being the most detested agent out there.... There cant be many clubs that enjoy dealing with him. That Pogba has had one foot out the door since January is quite obvious for everyone, but whining in the media gets you nowhere.

Ranchero

Pogba needs to go and play in an easier league in a dominant team. He will enjoy himself with a neymar like arrangement, top man, no need to worry about the team just do what he wants to do at any time

Madrid not the right place for him as he wont find himself in the team for tough games, especially if poch takes over
He is indisciplined on and off the pitch. His attitude stinks. There was a time when he would have been a loss. But right now he is a liability.

sugar_kane

Raiola is a tw*t. Also, great timing, Pogba has just come out of a really good performance. That sort of statement can only be designed to leverage more $$$ as it will annoy fans, owners, manager etc...
Really good? His goal was class but not being totally dog shit and a complete liability shouldn’t constitute a really good performance for someone of his supposed talent

Minus the goal, I’ve seen Fellaini put in better performances than Pogba has this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.