Mino Raiola coming out again with Pogba and why I don't care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray3007

Agree. De Ligt or Haaland should be off the table until they change agent. He doesn't have any other good clients does he.
he has the young CM from Ajax looks an excellent player, name escapes me but he looks superb.

croadyman

Agree. De Ligt or Haaland should be off the table until they change agent. He doesn't have any other good clients does he.
Yeah we can forget either of them unless they have the guts to leave him

Last edited:

croadyman

I think Pogba fancies himself as a box-to-box midfielder which is quite a rarity today, so it'll be near-impossible to find a like for like replacement. Honestly, I feel any central mid with a remotely decent reputation will be an upgrade on Pogba right now.

Grealish can play central and attacking mid so he's a good option. The only drawback is that he'll cost a bomb in January.
Will cost in the £100m range now,if he has a good euros then that price would really go through the roof

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So all these years later we can safely conclude what we knew all along: SAF never suffered fools as gladly as fans do.

koop

Carragher was spot on about this whole situation.
Pogba most over-rated player, he and his agent would be very good friends.
Raiola wouldn't be saying this stuff without Pogba being okay with it and on top of that Pogba's silence speaks thousand words. If Pogba wasn't okay with it, he would sack his agent, simple as that.

Bruno is the player we all wished Pogba would be, hell, FRED is something Pogba even aspires to.
SAF and even Mourinho was right all along about Pogba and his agent. Soon as we get rid the better, we can use the money and buy people that actually give a shit about UTD.
The absolute disrespect Pogba has shown United...

and this is coming from a huge Pogba fan, before 2 years ago anyway.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Will cost in the £100m range now,if he has a good euros then that price would really go through the roof
Haaland is valued at 80m euro by Transfermarkt. I don't think Villa has enough magic mushrooms to imagine that Grealish is worth £100m. I hope.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Aye, pretty much, which is why I can't see any business getting done before next summer.

Shame really, we could use an upgrade on Pogba asap, especially one that takes the pressure off Bruno and provides some competition at the same time.

croadyman

Haaland is valued at 80m euro by Transfermarkt. I don't think Villa has enough magic mushrooms to imagine that Grealish is worth £100m. I hope.
Our only hope is something in this new contract that says he can leave for a certain fee if a top club makes an approach

Obviously Raiola's statement was made with Pogba's blessing. His agent doesn't go public with something like that without first speaking to the player. The Pogba circus needs closing down; move him on and get the best fee possible. We can't keep playing these games; it's a huge distraction. Overall he hasn't lived up to expectations, nor is he irreplaceable. Going public like this is a poor attempt at attention seeking and undermines the club and manager. It's best we part ways.

Dve

I think you may be under rating the power Raiola has. When Pogba left Juve he made it clear he wanted Madrid. Everything seemed to point to that direction until Raiola introduced his agent fees and Florentino told him to sling his hook. We were the only club willing to pay his fees which is why Pogba came back in the first place. Not because he loved United

De Ligt the same. Barca and Ajax reached an agreement until Raiola wanted 20% of the transfer fees and was once again told to sling his hook. There was definate interest from the 2 respective clubs because Raiola insulted them both.
And the reliable source for all that is?

If Haaland in the future goes to Real Madrid, it will be because Haaland wants to go there, not because Raiola tells him to.

jem

Without reading the previous 8 pages, here's my conspiracy theory:

Raiola is trying to force the move sooner, rather than later, by sowing discord into the team as they are about to kick off in a game that can drop them to the Europa League. But Ole will keep Pogba on the bench, we'll win anyway, and Pogba is left with a choice: Fire Raiola or leave. He becomes persona non grata in the clubhouse until something happens.
Sounds more like a prediction than a conspiracy theory.

eire-red

Any ambitious very good footballer at pogba's age, would/should not content sitting on the bench often.
So why doesn't he put his head down, work harder than ever to nail down a place in the squad to showcase how good a footballer he is?

He's not on the bench because Ole has something against him, he hasn't been very good these past few months.

fergieisold

If Haaland in the future goes to Real Madrid, it will be because Haaland wants to go there, not because Raiola tells him to.
Yeh, it makes no sense as a player to go with wherever an agent gets the highest fee. I mean maybe I'm underestimating how dumb Pogba actually is but if he really wanted Madrid, he'd ditch his agent and get the move sorted.

Kag

I’m not bothered; we’ve been at the end of this road for a long time now.

Sell him for a respectable fee and bring in a more suitable midfield replacement. Somebody who can partner up with a Fred or Van de Beek and pick a pass.

Put the rest of the money into fixing that right bloody wing.

croadyman

I’m not bothered; we’ve been at the end of this road for a long time now.

Sell him for a respectable fee and bring in a more suitable midfield replacement. Somebody who can partner up with a Fred or Van de Beek and pick a pass.

Put the rest of the money into fixing that right bloody wing.
Do you mean a CM or more of a CDM who can actually pass the ball forward

redmanx

No sane manager would pay anywhere near that for Pogba, we should simply take the first sensible offer we get and get shot of him and use the money we save not having to shell out an inflated wage to match his over inflated ego on other players.

croadyman

No sane manager would pay anywhere near that for Pogba, we should simply take the first sensible offer we get and get shot of him and use the money we save not having to shell out an inflated wage to match his over inflated ego on other players.
Was referring to how much Villa are likely to want for Grealish,sorry if that caused you any confusion

redmanx

If thats the case, that his agent sent him to a Juve and not Real as he wanted, then Pogba should sack him, as any player with any sense at all would do. The agent works for the player, the player does not work for him.

croadyman

A midfielder who can both pass the ball well and defend effectively. McTominay but a lot, lot better.
He can do the defending side but definitely lacks that ability to pass the ball effectively

SirMattlives

Playing for United should be an honour — if any player feels otherwise, they can leave. I realize some players might want to play more and leave because they cannot get enough game time but that’s not what I think is the driver here. More often than not there are noises from the Pogba camp that he’s not happy so good luck, have a nice career elsewhere then.

DSG

To think there were members of this very forum who, less than 6 months ago, were still spouting shite about how Pogba "wasn't being utilized the right way, he's a world class talent, a World Cup winner... etc etc." In a way, they are right, he wasn't being utilized correctly. He should be planted on the bench, never seeing the starting 11. Even better, in street clothes in the stands. He's a virus.

Any Pogba apologists left? Any United fan willing to stand up for that cancer? After seeing how Bruno has transformed the club? I thought not.

I am personally volunteering to help Pogba pack his bags, drive him to the airport and carry his bags for him to the waiting arms of Mino Raiola, where I will drop the bags, and launch an instep kick to Raiola's crotch, connecting with his tiny bait and tackle. Finally, we will have a free kick involving Pogba that hit the target and scored.

hobbers

Let's say Pogba briefed his agent to come out with this right before the Leipzig game.. What were the benefits of this?!
Makes his position untenable, lowers his market value and therefore forces a move sooner.

And make no mistake, Pogba might not have instructed Raiola to come out with this but he will have known exactly when and what Raiola would say and he could have stopped him had he wanted to. They're very much a pair and any criticism you level at one for their conduct applies equally to the other.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So why doesn't he put his head down, work harder than ever to nail down a place in the squad to showcase how good a footballer he is?

He's not on the bench because Ole has something against him, he hasn't been very good these past few months.
He doesn't want to work hard. And he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I think it's pretty obvious those are two separate issues.

eire-red

He doesn't want to work hard. And he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I think it's pretty obvious those are two separate issues.
Yeah, I think it would be easier to take if it was a Gerrard-esque situation where Pogba had taken us as far as he could with amazing performancs. He's so frustrating.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah, I think it would be easier to take if it was a Gerrard-esque situation where Pogba had taken us as far as he could with amazing performancs. He's so frustrating.
Of course it's frustrating. It doesn't do us and him any good. So he's better be off where he can do less work, and still on starting XI.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Let him go for a reduced price then. #1 priority should be to get him out the club, I’ll pop open a bottle of bubbly once him and his scumbag agent are gone and this circus can be someone else’s problem.
personally I agree, but I will bet my house Woodward won't see it that way.

Icemav

Sir Alex's thoughts on Mino.
Well it looks like we wanted him but he had his money grabbing agent in his ear. Pogba left the club for money and fame and returned for money and fame and will leave again chasing money and the adulation he wants.

mark_a

really good performance ?

Apart from the goal I thought he was terrible on saturday
Completely agree with all the comments disagreeing with me suggesting he had a good performance. Why did I say it then? Because it felt like he showed something, and in his context of underachievement that was a positive. I've long thought that he needs to go, I forget the game, but there was an instance a season or 2 ago where if he'd been a tiny bit keener to get the ball he'd have been able to shoot and probably score. I forget which game & it might not have come over on TV, but from the stand, seeing him just look half-arsed was the point where I gave up on him. It doesn't matter what he says, if he's going to show a total lack of commitment like that, he's not a United player. For whatever reason that is. Players are human, they get distracted or lose motivation. Maybe he just doesn't like the game in the PL? He bossed it at Juve, but in the prem, if you're a star player you get fouled & wrestled and you get no space or time. He always plays as though he expects to be given more of both. And in this day and age, in the PL, that's not something you get.

In terms of the team, his price tag looms large. If he were a cheaper player, with lower wages, it might be a different story, but in his place we could have an absolute world-beater who wants to play and can play. Look at Bruno. That's a United player. He's weighing us down. That must be obvious to everyone.

I guess it felt like a good performance because he ended well? He can put in stints of looking decent, but his inconsistency within games seems emblematic of our inconsistency as a whole. That's him in a nutshell really, he CAN, but he doesn't. He can go from amazing effortless cross field passes of real quality to looking as though he can't control a ball.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Pogba will get destroyed in madrid. I hope he goes there. Its funny though pogba put in 1 decent performance all season. Fans get a bit happy towards him and his agent cokes outn blabbering is stupid fat mouth. I hope pogba wises up and drops that dickhead as an agent. Pure cancer
Madrid’s president which I forgot his name because I had too many I guess, doesn’t want Pogba because his agent, the guy is cancer to any clube and that reflects on the player

Status
Not open for further replies.