Mino Raiola has died

Deery

Dreary
Anyone know how he actually died or what he had been suffering from?

Herman Toothrot

Gone but still loving rent free in many of this fanbase a heads.

Did his job for his clients, & looked like he lived enjoyed life too.

RiP.
Yeah feck people trying to call out bad people in football. Never wish death on anyone, but zero fecks given to this news.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well , the reports of him being in a bad shape were true.
Condolences to his family.

hobbers

A loss to his family and his clients but in no way a loss to football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Expect the Pope to announce he's in talks to secure god's transfer to buddhism tomorrow

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
R.I.P Mino.

Won't be surprised if he signs Diego Maradona on his first full day in hell.

Football is a bit less dirtier with his passing away for sure though.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Let the faux grief commence

He was a parasite, a leech that sucked every last penny out of clubs and by extension fans, at every opportunity.

I'm sure someone will replace him, but football is better off without him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Rip, a true legend, gentleman and titan of the game. Goat some might even call him.

Now it will be back to footballers having cardiac arrests over peanuts.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Sad news. Always sad when someone from the footballing world passes away. RIP.

Dan-Utd

I've said it before and I'll say it again, RIP Mino, Probably the best agent to ever be in the game, regardless of whether people liked his methods or not, he got deals done, made his clients a lot of money and also made himself a lot of money, which in itself shows he was very good at his job.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I get the RIP's (albeit somewhat fake) but why the eulogies? Has anybody actually met this guy?

brother ant

RIP.
I think his reputation was unfair.
His clients paid him to be the bad guy and he played that role brilliantly.
Did his clients pay him or was it the clubs? I think the issue that most have is that he took way more money out of the game then should be possible and had a loud mouth. A very good agent for players and not so for clubs.

Different discussion but there should be some kind of limit on agent fees and I’m surprised the bug clubs have not helped to get this implemented.

buchansleftleg

Not sure I'm going to believe this until we get confirmation from a good source like Ornstein, or we get a picture of him signing the contract next to a guy with horns and cloven feet. (Joke!)

SAFMUTD

I'm surprised there's so much hate for him, I mean it's not like he actually forced any player or club. He got the best deal possible for his clients, which was his job. He made it without caring for the clubs at all, but why should he?

beer&grill

Rip, a true legend, gentleman and titan of the game. Goat some might even call him.

Now it will be back to footballers having cardiac arrests over peanuts.
Didn’t know we had Louis CK here, on Redcafe. At least his functional illiterate version.

el3mel

OK, it's not fake this time.

There's no point talking about his bad side or what he did wrong especially at the moment. RIP and hopefully his family stay strong.

ariveded

Condolences.

Also, we care for our home, cars, materials, work but what about our own body? It's a big society problem...

Jericho

Gone but still loving rent free in many of this fanbase a heads.

Did his job for his clients, & looked like he lived enjoyed life too.

RiP.
That is one of the most overused phrases online these days. What does it even mean in this context?

Clubs probably hated dealing with him but his clients seemed to love him. RIP.

I Am Zlatan

RIP, he appeared to be a cnut, it’s probably a combination of him having his best interest (shocker, as most people would too) and the players at heart, and he probably took that persona to put on a show. Either way, may he Rest In Peace, and hopefully at one point football moves away from super agents like him.

prateik

So who picks up his clients?

And is Mendes the top agent again?

mu4c_20le

I've said it before and I'll say it again, RIP Mino, Probably the best agent to ever be in the game, regardless of whether people liked his methods or not, he got deals done, made his clients a lot of money and also made himself a lot of money, which in itself shows he was very good at his job.
Except for the Pogba deal. He was mostly a successful agent until he met a man called Ed Woodward.

prateik

Genuinely curious.. who gets to pick up all those millions from the Pogba and Haaland deal that has been set up for this summer?

Arnold Layne

He was a character like Led Zeppelins manager Peter Grant who wasn't adverse to kicking chairs and tables around an office to make people in the music industry cave into his demands.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
R.I.P.
Nobody deserves to die but no loss for football. Agents add no benefits to football. Cut out the middle men.

Wonder if many clubs send their condolences. Would be just another proof of the hypocrisy in today's world of football.

Biggins

Genuinely curious.. who gets to pick up all those millions from the Pogba and Haaland deal that has been set up for this summer?
I would assume that he has/had a company with other shareholders and a board so the whole company will continue to run. His shares will pass on to his spouse/kids and they will benefit from all the deals Mino concluded prior to his untimely death.

Mercurial

R.I.P.
Nobody deserves to die but no loss for football. Agents add no benefits to football. Cut out the middle men.

Wonder if many clubs send their condolences. Would be just another proof of the hypocrisy in today's world of football.
They did already a few, most sane people can after all differentiate business from personal tradegy. Also sending condolences is classy thing to do.

Elcabron

Always said it, he was a nightmare to deal with but if your a footballer you want him as your agent . He got the best deals.
Not certain if his clients got better deals than the clients of other agents but the agents fees he received from deals were certainly higher than what other agents typically received. Compare the agents fees for the Pogba and Maguire transfers for example, similar size transfer fees but very different agents fees.

RIP.