Mino Raiola talksport interview

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Love that tactic from Raiola. He is like a rotten kid trapped in a fat body. Says something completely weird, then when the other party responds you switch position and tell them confidently and calmly the right answer they were trying to say. As if they are the stupid ones for being invested in the dumb thing he just said. What a manipulative weirdo. The only way to respond is by screaming in his face or kick him out, and that is how he usually gets what he wants. People just don't want to hear another word out of his fat mouth so they just meh, whatever get lost.

pav1790

Always loved pogba. Thought he was a model professional. His ambitions being elsewhere was not even a problem for me. We are in transition as everyone can see. But some things have left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Some have raised the Ronaldo saga over the 2008-2009 season to compare. But I think it’s unfair to Ronnie.The difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo never stirred this shit in the open. And he played for the club.Paul has been doing this for a couple of years now. Not to forget the way he left the club the first time. And he has barely played for us this season - albeit due to injuries.

He should be trying his best to play for the club for a run of matches lest it hampers his chance of featuring in euros. May be he is that confident that dechamps will not leave him out. We shall see. But to say that his agent is going rogue is naive. He is saying the same thing the player wants him to say.

He can go wherever he wants, as long as we get good money I ll say good riddance. Him and Sanchez going would do a world of good to team cohesion.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Raiola needs to be banned via a collusion among top clubs to be honest. It's really that simple to turf him out and set a precedent.
Its already being done. The only clubs that are now willing to work with this parasite are the those clamering to remain relevant like Dortmund.
At one point we were on good terms with him when he was bringing all his players here with Dortmund falling out with him. Juventus always had good relationship with him, so I don't see every top club agreeing to ban him.

We can go with other big club routes and work on need basis instead of signing players from single agent. If we think Raiola is a cnut then we should stop dealing with him and look for other players. There are so many players available in the world that it would have almost 0 impact (for us) if we stop dealing with him. Plenty of talented players across the world, we have to step up the scouting instead of relying on super agents.

Robertd0803

At one point we were on good terms with him when he was bringing all his players here with Dortmund falling out with him. Juventus always had good relationship with him, so I don't see every top club agreeing to ban him.

We can go with other big club routes and work on need basis instead of signing players from single agent. If we think Raiola is a cnut then we should stop dealing with him and look for other players. There are so many players available in the world that it would have almost 0 impact (for us) if we stop dealing with him. Plenty of talented players across the world, we have to step up the scouting instead of relying on super agents.
Im fairly sure Madrids president has refused to work with him in the past and it doesnt seem to have done them much harm.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Im fairly sure Madrids president has refused to work with him in the past and it doesnt seem to have done them much harm.
He never did, it's a line that his friend in the press use when Madrid fail to sign a player. They currently have one of Raiola's client that they brought this summer and also tried to sign Pogba.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Maybe in the past. Raiola shat on both Madrid and Barca too in the past. Madrid signed his client last summer. Not sure if Barca will deal with him again. But things change quickly, he was villain for Dortmund when he did all the drama to get Mkhitaryan out of Dortmund, now they deal with him again for top talents.

He also took Zlatan from Juventus to Inter but Juventus have very good relationship with Raiola.

There are plenty of players around but if club thinks it's good to deal with him for any player then we should, but we shouldn't completely rely on super agents.

jackal&hyde

He never did, it's a line that his friend in the press use when Madrid fail to sign a player. They currently have one of Raiola's client that they brought this summer and also tried to sign Pogba.
Did they? They seem fairly reluctant from what is see. It's Zidane that seems to be the one that insists while the Real board seems to be reluctant at best. If it was on the cheap then they might go for it but otherwise they are not pushing for it. No club wants the circus that Raiola brings with a high profile player. He is essentially already cut out from Barca after the Zlatan fiasco, CIty, Liverpool don't have any players from him, Real has just the one that is low profile. It's the Italians that do business with him and smaller clubs that can get good players by agreeing to ridiculous terms and clauses that the big boys do not.

This is the man that called Pep a dog and then offered him Pogba (if you believe Pep, and i do). One would be hard pressed to find a more disgusting character in World football.

He was trying to move Pogba around to the highest bidder for years, even to the "dog". I do not believe for a second this was Pogba that asked him to go to City, it's pure whoring of players.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
Did they? They seem fairly reluctant from what is see. It's Zidane that seems to be the one that insists while the Real board seems to be reluctant at best. If it was on the cheap then they might go for it but otherwise they are not pushing for it. No club wants the circus that Raiola brings with a high profile player. He is essentially already cut out from Barca after the Zlatan fiasco, CIty, Liverpool don't have any players from him, Real has just the one that is low profile. It's the Italians that do business with him and smaller clubs that can get good players by agreeing to ridiculous terms and clauses that the big boys do not.

This is the man that called Pep a dog and then offered him Pogba (if you believe Pep, and i do). One would be hard pressed to find a more disgusting character in World football.
It's actually very easy between rapists(executives and players), actual cheat, people involved in betting scandals, agents that cover crimes from their clients, agents involved in scams of african kids or tax avoiders.

And the cut out thing is nonsensical, I already talked about this but people should simply look at who are his clients, most of them aren't at Barcelona or Real level and the ones that are, basically Pogba, Verratti and Insigne are going nowhere or moved to an other big club. Agents do not have players in all clubs, they don't have dozens of top players(at the exception of Gestifute), there is a lot of agents and players are spread around.

Robertd0803

Ah right fair enough.

jackal&hyde

It's actually very easy between rapists(executives and players), actual cheat, people involved in betting scandals, agents that cover crimes from their clients, agents involved in scams of african kids or tax avoiders.

And the cut out thing is nonsensical, I already talked about this but people should simply look at who are his clients, most of them aren't at Barcelona or Real level and the ones that are, basically Pogba, Verratti and Insigne are going nowhere or moved to an other big club. Agents do not have players in all clubs, they don't have dozens of top players(at the exception of Gestifute), there is a lot of agents and players are spread around.
That comment was in jest, i admit. The rest, speaks for itself from the horses mouth, from Pep and other managers. I don't get why you try to rationalize this whole thing while the evidence is so overwhelming. We will agree to disagree if you want, but from my point of view there is little left to debate after so many interviews from different people and from himself his antics are in the open for everyone to see.

JPRouve

Scout
That comment was in jest, i admit. The rest, speaks for itself from the horses mouth, from Pep and other managers. I don't get why you try to rationalize this whole thing while the evidence is so overwhelming. We will agree to disagree if you want, but from my point of view there is little left to debate after so many interviews from different people and from himself his antics are in the open for everyone to see.
Because being rational is what you generally want but it's nice of you to recognize the irrationality of your point, which has zero evidence.

jackal&hyde

Because being rational is what you generally want but it's nice of you to recognize the irrationality of your point, which has zero evidence.
English is not my first language so maybe i made a mistake, the definition i was thinking of is "attempt to explain or justify (behaviour or an attitude) with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate. " Given the evidence, that does exist, and i both wrote it and provided video for it, it's no appropriate to defend this agent of toxicity and manipulation (listen to how he argues in the conversation with Simon Jordan). The better word to use would have been "rationalization ".

For every situation there is a different explanation while the only constant is him having to gain the most. You might argue that the players do as well, i am highly unconvinced that a player like Pogba would have wanted all this circus around him and his image stained so much as it has been during the last 12 months or so. I am a fan of Pogba and want him to stay, but his agent makes it difficult to maintain that.

JPRouve

Scout
English is not my first language so maybe i made a mistake, the definition i was thinking of is "attempt to explain or justify (behaviour or an attitude) with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate. " Given the evidence, that does exist, and i both wrote it and provided video for it, it's no appropriate to defend this agent of toxicity and manipulation (listen to how he argues in the conversation with Simon Jordan). The better word to use would have been "rationalization ".

For every situation there is a different explanation while the only constant is him having to gain the most. You might argue that the players do as well, i am highly unconvinced that a player like Pogba would have wanted all this circus around him and his image stained so much as it has been during the last 12 months or so. I am a fan of Pogba and want him to stay, but his agent makes it difficult to maintain that.
None of that is relevant to the post I responded. And you claimed that clubs actively blacklisted Raiola which is wrong and in the case of Real Madrid disproven this summer but you dismissed it on the count of Areola not being a big enough profile which makes no sense because it means that it's easier to find an alternative that doesn't work with Raiola. The second point that you tried to make is that he is the worst or amont the worst people in football which is quite obviously wrong and even when you try to give some substance to it, you mention a convicted cheat who is currently working for cheaters that have been condemned less than a week ago and who have no moral compass whether we are talking about football or human rights.

Denis79

Mino Raiola is Pogba's employee and mouthpiece.

You can't criticise the former without carrying that judgement over to the latter.
Precisely, Mino Raiola is forcing the will of Pogba. Only a blind person can't see past this.

jackal&hyde

None of that is relevant to the post I responded. And you claimed that clubs actively blacklisted Raiola which is wrong and in the case of Real Madrid disproven this summer but you dismissed it on the count of Areola not being a big enough profile which makes no sense because it means that it's easier to find an alternative that doesn't work with Raiola. The second point that you tried to make is that he is the worst or amont the worst people in football which is quite obviously wrong and even when you try to give some substance to it, you mention a convicted cheat who is currently working for cheaters that have been condemned less than a week ago and who have no moral compass whether we are talking about football or human rights.
I consider that i've given enough arguments to make my point. We will agree to disagree and leave it at that, with one exception. One does not go in to "character assassination" to dismiss a point they are making (I assume Guardiola is the "cheat" you are talking about?).

Here is someone else giving an opinion on that cnut;

I will not respond to you on this subject again because i feel we will not have a healthy discussion but just run around in circles. Mister con man is a plague to the game and he's making even his most high profile player be hated because of his tactics. I will leave it at that.

GazTheLegend

Simon Jordan didn’t win that argument. Raiola controlled that conversation and you could see why he’s so powerful. Jordan was just going round in circles.
Simon Jordan absolutely won the argument!

Raiola got caught lying in that he didn't admit what we all know - that agents only make money when players move clubs. Jordan got angry because Raiola was evasive - and no despite what ANYONE says, Raiola should -not- be coming out and commenting directly on clubs and players, ever. That shouldn't be allowed as it's a conflict of interest - playing clubs and players against each other in the media the way he does only serves to force players into untenable and maybe even dangerous situations. And don't say that itsa a good way to make transfers happen - just about every other transfer on the planet happens WITHOUT the circus and bullshit Raiola creates.

The end of the interview where Jordan suggests Agents fees should be capped is another big win for Jordan. Mino is 100% aware that if he gets regulated (finally) his days of gigantic payouts are done so he resorts to whataboutism. What about transfer fees what about sponsorship blah blah. No - that's money that comes Into or STAYS IN the game, but unfortunately Jordan doesn't stress that point but otherwise it's salient

Mainoldo

Simon Jordan absolutely won the argument!

Raiola got caught lying in that he didn't admit what we all know - that agents only make money when players move clubs. Jordan got angry because Raiola was evasive - and no despite what ANYONE says, Raiola should -not- be coming out and commenting directly on clubs and players, ever. That shouldn't be allowed as it's a conflict of interest - playing clubs and players against each other in the media the way he does only serves to force players into untenable and maybe even dangerous situations. And don't say that itsa a good way to make transfers happen - just about every other transfer on the planet happens WITHOUT the circus and bullshit Raiola creates.

The end of the interview where Jordan suggests Agents fees should be capped is another big win for Jordan. Mino is 100% aware that if he gets regulated (finally) his days of gigantic payouts are done so he resorts to whataboutism. What about transfer fees what about sponsorship blah blah. No - that's money that comes Into or STAYS IN the game, but unfortunately Jordan doesn't stress that point but otherwise it's salient
So are you claiming agents should not get paid for the job they do? Not just in football but any other industry agents get commission fees which are the majority of the time extortionate compared to going direct. This is what the football industry has become. So when he says regulate it and regulate everything else too I don’t see what is wrong with what he is saying. No it’s not brought back into the game because they are used as an outsource. This is why you will here George Mendez has be brought in to broker a deal.

Those moaning either just don’t like Raiola or don’t grasp that agents aren’t an extension of football but more of an extension of football being a business. It’s also funny that non of his clients have a problem with him.

GazTheLegend

So are you claiming agents should not get paid for the job they do? Not just in football but any other industry agents get commission fees which are the majority of the time extortionate compared to going direct. This is what the football industry has become. So when he says regulate it and regulate everything else too I don’t see what is wrong with what he is saying. No it’s not brought back into the game because they are used as an outsource. This is why you will here George Mendez has be brought in to broker a deal.

Those moaning either just don’t like Raiola or don’t grasp that agents aren’t an extension of football but more of an extension of football being a business. It’s also funny that non of his clients have a problem with him.
It's a conflict of interest

If you are buying a house, your estate agent doesn't go to the papers and start saying things like "THE SELLER COULD SELL TO ANYONE - HE WOuLD PREFER TO SELL TO ITALY BUT IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT THEN THE OFFER FROM ENGLAND WILL BE ACCEPTED" and then come to you and start saying "hey dude can you throw in an extra 2% commission to me and I'll make sure he sells to you" at the same time?

You would find that incredible unprofessional if they did it to you, and you would (rightly) complain.

And who says his clients don't have a problem with him? Direct quote I pull up regards Lukaku:

"From what I understand Lukaku basically got fed up with Raiola, the way he handled him. I’m told there was a misunderstanding of his move away from Everton, in that Lukaku thought that Raiola was conducting negotiations with Marina Granovskaia to do that deal, when in fact discussions were principally with Conte, who obviously wanted to bring Lukaku to the club," said Castles.

To say that Mino is some fecking innocent that's just preying on the capitalist nature of football is wrong - he is preying upon the desperation of clubs to sign from a limited pool of elite players and controlling their moves / futures in a planned way to maximise his own gains, not necessarily theirs - and taking bigger and bigger cuts every time, and getting louder and louder in the press as he does so. People like him need to Shut the feck up and get regulated so they don't vampirically suck FANS money (because it's our money that's paying that shithead ultimately!!!!) away from football.

Mainoldo

It's a conflict of interest

If you are buying a house, your estate agent doesn't go to the papers and start saying things like "THE SELLER COULD SELL TO ANYONE - HE WOuLD PREFER TO SELL TO ITALY BUT IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT THEN THE OFFER FROM ENGLAND WILL BE ACCEPTED" and then come to you and start saying "hey dude can you throw in an extra 2% commission to me and I'll make sure he sells to you" at the same time?

You would find that incredible unprofessional if they did it to you, and you would (rightly) complain.

And who says his clients don't have a problem with him? Direct quote I pull up regards Lukaku:

"From what I understand Lukaku basically got fed up with Raiola, the way he handled him. I’m told there was a misunderstanding of his move away from Everton, in that Lukaku thought that Raiola was conducting negotiations with Marina Granovskaia to do that deal, when in fact discussions were principally with Conte, who obviously wanted to bring Lukaku to the club," said Castles.

To say that Mino is some fecking innocent that's just preying on the capitalist nature of football is wrong - he is preying upon the desperation of clubs and taking bigger and bigger cuts every time, and getting louder and louder. People like him need to Shut the feck up and get regulated so they don't vampirically suck FANS money (because it's our money that's paying that shithead ultimately!!!!) away from football.
Your first paragraph happens all the time in business. You’ll find a rate you pay for your gas and electric for an example.. if done through agent includes a commission fee in your rate. Yes that extra 2% they might have put in by getting a discount from the company you are getting your product from.

It’s just sensationalised because it’s football. When you say your money do you feel this entitled to everything else? Do you get angry with your bin man when he goes on strike and remind him you pay his wages?

I’m not claiming to like the guy but I can’t get into debates with people that don’t really care except for the fact his actions have had an impact on our club. Do your really care about agents being regulated?It’s the Jose Mourinho effect. Good to watch when it’s not your club but when it is your club everything you like is now a problem. But then maybe I can understand as I hated Mourinho.

TheGodsInRed

He clearly did not say that and you are just trying to cause arguments with incorrect conclusions. Raiola making 41 million from the Progba transfer is just wrong in every way. It’s like me selling my house for £180k and the estate agents taking £80k of it.

Agents have a part in football, but should be there to help and support footballers, who can run into a lot of issues, but instead ones like Raiola look at what’s best for themselves, transfers mean big paydays so they can use their relationships with players to get into their heads.

Mainoldo

He clearly did not say that and you are just trying to cause arguments with incorrect conclusions. Raiola making 41 million from the Progba transfer is just wrong in every way. It’s like me selling my house for £180k and the estate agents taking £80k of it.

Agents have a part in football, but should be there to help and support footballers, who can run into a lot of issues, but instead ones like Raiola look at what’s best for themselves, transfers mean big paydays so they can use their relationships with players to get into their heads.
So was Haaland to Dortmund not a good transfer for the player?

It’s a lot of money and very much probably too much. But if it’s not capped they can earn it. Blame the clubs handing out the money. I wish Raiola gave me some of that money as I ‘contribute to football too’ I could buy a new house.

GazTheLegend

Your first paragraph happens all the time in business. You’ll find a rate you pay for your gas and electric for an example.. if done through agent includes a commission fee in your rate. Yes that extra 2% they might have put in by getting a discount from the company you are getting your product from.

It’s just sensationalised because it’s football. When you say your money do you feel this entitled to everything else? Do you get angry with your bin man when he goes on strike and remind him you pay his wages?

I’m not claiming to like the guy but I can’t get into debates with people that don’t really care except for the fact his actions have had an impact on our club. Do your really care about agents being regulated?It’s the Jose Mourinho effect. Good to watch when it’s not your club but when it is your club everything you like is now a problem. But then maybe I can understand as I hated Mourinho.
Why on earth would you argue AGAINST tighter regulations on football agents? Are you on the payroll of Raiola or something? There is literally nothing to lose by tightening the law around Agent fees. We do not want to EVER get into a situation where Agents and their companies hold more power than football clubs, which is where we are going - if we aren't there already,

Mainoldo

Why on earth would you argue AGAINST tighter regulations on football agents? Are you on the payroll of Raiola or something? There is literally nothing to lose by tightening the law around Agent fees. We do not want to EVER get into a situation where Agents and their companies hold more power than football clubs, which is where we are going - if we aren't there already,
I wish I was in the payroll. It’s not the agent it’s there clients. Pogba is Raiola’s biggest cash cow but he’s also United’s. Which is why he’s still here. He’s our biggest ‘asset’.

The bigger stars players become the more scary this will get in this current social media era.

TheGodsInRed

So was Haaland to Dortmund not a good transfer for the player?

It’s a lot of money and very much probably too much. But if it’s not capped they can earn it. Blame the clubs handing out the money. I wish Raiola gave me some of that money as I ‘contribute to football too’ I could buy a new house.
It was a great deal, and the reason why united lost out on a deal I feel. Such a low buyout clause coming into play in 2 years time, meaning he will move on and Raiola will make a load more money. He is clearly good at getting deals, no doubt there.

The greed might get the better of him eventually, he is too cut throat and I feel the big clubs will get fed up working with him. Desperate clubs trying to remain relevant may carry on though.

Fergie was right all along, he let him go because he didn’t want to line the pockets of this guy, and now he has bought Al Capone’s mansion with United’s money.

sugar_kane

Always loved pogba. Thought he was a model professional. His ambitions being elsewhere was not even a problem for me. We are in transition as everyone can see. But some things have left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Some have raised the Ronaldo saga over the 2008-2009 season to compare. But I think it’s unfair to Ronnie.The difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo never stirred this shit in the open. And he played for the club.Paul has been doing this for a couple of years now. Not to forget the way he left the club the first time. And he has barely played for us this season - albeit due to injuries.

He should be trying his best to play for the club for a run of matches lest it hampers his chance of featuring in euros. May be he is that confident that dechamps will not leave him out. We shall see. But to say that his agent is going rogue is naive. He is saying the same thing the player wants him to say.

He can go wherever he wants, as long as we get good money I ll say good riddance. Him and Sanchez going would do a world of good to team cohesion.
There is one other key difference as well, Ronaldo was phenomenal for us - even his final season after he had already tried to force a move away.

Pogba won't be remembered for long when he finally leaves, Ronny will be remembered forever.