Mino Raiola talksport interview

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
From listening to the interview with Raiola it sounds very much like Pogba is staying. He was also apologetic and said he didn't mean to disrespect the club or Ole. Interesting.
He'll bend any way the wind turns. Man has no shame :lol:

DoomSlayer

From listening to the interview with Raiola it sounds very much like Pogba is staying. He was also apologetic and said he didn't mean to disrespect the club or Ole. Interesting.
How can he even try to spin it as if he wasn't being highly disrespectful? Did he forget what he said in those social media posts and the timing of it all?

The guy is such a humongous piece of shit.

tjb

He assumed he'll be off the Madrid by now after impressing with France.
This is one area that I have a real problem with when people talk about Pogba. Pogba was not France' star man during the world cup. He was a part of a successful team in the same way David Silva was for Spain.

0le

This isn't an isolated incident where someone has said something odd/silly and everyone moves on. Raiola has done this several times now. He is in affect, the mouthpiece for Paul Pogba. His aim is to ensure the player remains unsettled and cause enough nuisance to force our hand and sell the player. This would have been done with the blessing of Pogba, albeit it is unlikely Pogba has told his agent precisely what to say. Even so, Raiola has said several things now that are disrespectful and Pogba has kept pretty quiet. It seems whilst Raiola gets a lot of shit, he is only doing what his client wants. We really need to sell Pogba.

DoomSlayer

Trying to claim he is innocent and still acting like a twat. What a joke of a human being, Raiola is a vile scumbag.

redshaw

Hopefully Ole continues to resist getting embroiled with such a scum bag.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

mu4c_20le

He knows it's a major loss of revenue if he starts to piss off big clubs.If Utd state categorically that will not deal with players under his management agency then who's to say other clubs won't follow suit.

He's putting himself in an invidious position and he knows it. Parasites like him need clubs on their side not against them
Didn't Barca already state that, albeit behind closed doors? And someone mentioned something interesting in the transfer thread, most of the big clubs do not have players in his books. Pogba is his biggest client, and biggest transfer in the last four or five years. He's no superagent, he's just the loudest one.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/mino-raiola/beraterfirma/berater/282

Zlatan and Balotelli must be his favorites, since they love to move around for nothing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Am listening to it now and Simon Jordan is absolutely lambasting Raiola. Take a fecking bow. Thanks for that Simon.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
It was an interesting interview. Raiola is employed to look after Pogba‘s interests so you will never expect a balanced viewpoin.
His take on the transfer fee was interesting, MUFC didn’t pat £90m for the service of Pogba, they paid Juve £90m to compensate Juve for their loss.
Either way, agents like him are taking too much out of the game.

Reactions: nimic

MiracleInMadrid

The thing that annoys me most about his backtracking narrative is that he talks about taking the quotes on his Instagram out of context. What is he talking about? The media has reported his entire post, and every part of his post is controversial. The impression he leaves if you read it all is still that he is extremely unprofessional and a snake. What context is he talking about. Such a BS move to pull out the "out of context"-argument when, in fact, he himself is the one talking about episodes in the summer between Ole and Paul without providing any context to his allegations.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Am listening to it now and Simon Jordan is absolutely lambasting Raiola. Take a fecking bow. Thanks for that Simon.
Jordan doesn't give two fecks who he's speaking to. He's dealt with some right arsehole chairmen in his time at Palace. Raiola is chickenfeed by comparison

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bit of a crap agent really. If he’s angling for a move for his client why kick up a media shit storm that no club in their right mind would want to go anywhere near … at any price?
Erm, he's doing all he can to make Pogba's position at the club untenable so that United will be forced to lower their asking price so a Real or Juve can swoop in and pay a cut price fee and line Raiola's and Pogba's pockets.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Jordan doesn't give two fecks who he's speaking to. He's dealt with some right arsehole chairmen in his time at Palace. Raiola is chickenfeed by comparison
Yeah, it was beautiful to listen to. He ticked all the boxes. Even brought in the need to regulate agents and cap their fees as they are taking money out of football and basically offering nothing. Scathing as he should be. Really enjoyed that. Raiola came off pretty badly and probably didn't expect that at all.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is one area that I have a real problem with when people talk about Pogba. Pogba was not France' star man during the world cup. He was a part of a successful team in the same way David Silva was for Spain.
I think some people here are convinced that he did it almost all by himself and that his epic gladiatorial inspirational great leader speech before the final gave all these average France players the belief they needed to get it done.

C'est Moi Cantona

Raiola has made the most of United been run so badly in recent years, if that makes us do things much better in future then great, if it doesn't then he'll just continue to take the pi*s, as will many others.

He is just acting for his client, and he does a fine job for most of them, so the only conclusion is that Pogba is happy with what he's doing.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Erling Braut Haaland said a couple of days ago that Raiola is the best agent in the business. Nothing but admiration. Zlatan has similar opinions. In fact most of his clients speaks highly of him and few seems to regret working with “the scumbag”.

Any manager who starts to verbally fights with agents like Raiola will sooner or later end up in the wrong corner. United has a much better chance to challenge on all fronts with a happy Pogba in the team then without him. Raiola would never express any unpopular opinion without his clients permission, take that in mind when only criticizing the agent.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Did you even read what I wrote?
I'm sorry, didn't you say "Bit of a crap agent really. If he’s angling for a move for his client why kick up a media shit storm that no club in their right mind would want to go anywhere near … at any price?"

Well, if Raiola has already been in talks with Juve or Real and has devised an exit strategy for Pogba that allows them to go significantly under the briefed 150m (last summer) United were asking, then I'm quite sure they won't mind how Raiola behaves to get it done. It's not like Pogba has another major move in him after his next move. So his next employer will have peace of mind that Raiola has milked whatever he can from Pogba.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Erling Braut Haaland said a couple of days ago that Raiola is the best agent in the business. Nothing but admiration. Zlatan has similar opinions. In fact most of his clients speaks highly of him and few seems to regret working with “the scumbag”.

Any manager who starts to verbally fights with agents like Raiola will sooner or later end up in the wrong corner. United has a much better chance to challenge on all fronts with a happy Pogba in the team then without him. Raiola would never express any unpopular opinion without his clients permission, take that in mind when only criticizing the agent.
I think Ole has done precious little else than continually stroke Pogba's ego. If criticising his agent is some major transgression, then player power has not just started to dominate, football is now a minefield. Thankfully, not everyone is like Pogba+Raiola. I think most people realise that whatever Raiola says (and Pogba stays silent about) could just as well come out of Pogba's mouth.

It's no great surprise that players who have chosen this cnut to represent them will vouch for him. It doesn't mean that the rest of the football world cannot look on and judge him harshly. I'd be surprised if there aren't loads of agents who hate the spotlight he's bringing on the costly and damaging role of these kinds of agents.

clarkydaz

Does anyone else reckon Pogba is just good enough for the Premier league as opposed to us stifling his potential? He is obviously better in Italy where he has more time on the ball to do something.
Seeing as Lukaku and Ashley fecking Young are looking good there, and even welcome back a 38 year old Zlatan with a bust knee, i would be inclined to agree. Pogba is the player he has always been

Thepinhead

What I gathered from listening to the interview was that right now their plan is to get Pogba matchfit before Euroes. If France have a great Euroes and Pogba plays well he might get his move.

I really like Evra and I think he is saying the truth when he says Pogba only wants whats best for the club. So for Pogba to sign a new contract the whole atmosphere around the club has to change massively before the summer. But things change quickly in football.

SqueakyWeasel

I'm sorry, didn't you say "Bit of a crap agent really. If he’s angling for a move for his client why kick up a media shit storm that no club in their right mind would want to go anywhere near … at any price?"

Well, if Raiola has already been in talks with Juve or Real and has devised an exit strategy for Pogba that allows them to go significantly under the briefed 150m (last summer) United were asking, then I'm quite sure they won't mind how Raiola behaves to get it done. It's not like Pogba has another major move in him after his next move. So his next employer will have peace of mind that Raiola has milked whatever he can from Pogba.
You are obviously not a businessman then. Because no sane businessman would gladly witness that happening to another business without at least considering they will almost certainly be next … hence the “at any price” of the bit you copied and pasted without bothering to understand

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You are obviously not a businessman then. Because no sane businessman would gladly witness that happening to another business without at least considering they will almost certainly be next … hence the “at any price” of the bit you copied and pasted without bothering to understand
Quite binary that. Plenty of grey area. I understood fine. Just disagreed. Have a nice one.

pascell

He absolutely despises agents so he'll have been licking his lips waiting for this interview. I like Simon Jordan, he's always respectful towards United whenever he speaks about us and I find him very insightful. I'm glad he took it to Raiola.

Renegade

This agent has made a fortune from us during the post Fergie era, it needs to end this summer.
boyhood fan Lingard employing him recently speaks volumes too. I hope his been transfer listed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How's he going to get a fat chunk of feck all if he doesn't do his job?
He won’t care if we get 5m for a transfer fee - they get paid separately from the deal.

Amerifan

Erm, he's doing all he can to make Pogba's position at the club untenable so that United will be forced to lower their asking price so a Real or Juve can swoop in and pay a cut price fee and line Raiola's and Pogba's pockets.
This makes no sense. Both the agent and the player want the highest transfer value possible. The agent because he gets a percentage of the transfer price, and the player because the salary, upfronts, and add-ons are relative to the fee. Raiola definitely benefits by unsettling a player, but he wants it at the highest price. That’s why he says United are at fault for mistreating his best in world world class player, who will be even more world classier at a proper club who respects his value by offering a massive transfer fee.

Gasolin

We don't know, but he definitely decided to avoid a frontal attack right now.

Irrational.

After watching Haaland score twice tonight I hate this fat feck even more.

I hope his players ditch him and he disappears into the pizzeria from whence he came. A parasite.