Mino Raiola talksport interview

KristianMackle

The idea that Pogba is getting no help and wants to play with better players is laughable to me. It's never like he's the man of the match every game we win or lose. Yes, on pure ability and skill he's a class above but on the pitch, I'd rather have Jordan Henderson. I can count on one hand the amount of games that he's single-handedly won us since he's been here or a game where he took over and rallied the boys to victory from a losing position.
If he can only perform when the conditions are absolutely perfect for him then what's the point? We paid world class money to only see glimpses of his class.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
there was a bid of £37m with Isco and James..
We wouldn't know the official bids up until they are accepted and even then one has to go into the nitty gritty of things. At this point I think that a 100m and Rabiot would be a good offer. It would allow us to bring Jadon and we'll add a decent CM to our side.

dev1l

The idea that Pogba is getting no help and wants to play with better players is laughable to me. It's never like he's the man of the match every game we win or lose. Yes, on pure ability and skill he's a class above but on the pitch, I'd rather have Jordan Henderson. I can count on one hand the amount of games that he's single-handedly won us since he's been here or a game where he took over and rallied the boys to victory from a losing position.
If he can only perform when the conditions are absolutely perfect for him then what's the point? We paid world class money to only see glimpses of his class.
It s all about the money, no more no less. if Pogba moves Raiola stands to get a bigger paycheck than if he stays.

dev1l

We wouldn't know the official bids up until they are accepted and even then one has to go into the nitty gritty of things. At this point I think that a 100m and Rabiot would be a good offer. It would allow us to bring Jadon and we'll add a decent CM to our side.
I would avoid the likes of Rabiot and Ramsey. They re too focused on the money.

devilish

It s all about the money, no more no less. if Pogba moves Raiola stands to get a bigger paycheck than if he stays.
I think you misunderstand the role between player and agent. The latter work for the former not viceversa. Mino do not force players to leave. Players often hire Mino because they want to make as much money as possible during their short football careers. Even then, if a player doesn't want to leave the club then Mino will respect that.

I love Pogba and I understand why he is so desperate to leave. However this is all on him, not Mino.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It would be a massive step forward for the club in terms of harmony and moral if we cut all ties with this man.

Pogba should be sold, he isn’t committed and is a constant distraction because he uses Raiola to get what he wants. United will be fine without Pogba.

Sell Pogba, sell Lingard, who was foolish enough not to realize how good he has things at a United and willingly chose to sign up with Raiola, and then never deal with him again.

Players with the right attitude is absolutely crucial and one of the big things Ole has done right. Seeing Maguires celebration last night was a beautiful thing.

Anyone who signs up with Raiola is a danger because the player will always come first.

Sell his players, cut ties and focus on bringing in players who love Manchester United and want to be here.

devilish

I would avoid the likes of Rabiot and Ramsey. They re too focused on the money.
Ramsey is injury prone. Rabiot is young and he's a decent player although he's got his attitude issues to cater. We won't get the full price of Pogba in the same way we didn't got the full price for Becks and Ronaldo. Actually we are likely to lose more on the former then the latter. Pogba is poisoning the well at this point

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
@MrPooni and @Relevated I agree with both of you. By siding with the player over the manager we damaged the dressing room culture even more. The position of the manager was further undermined, his authority even more destroyed, reinforcing the impression that if push comes to shove the club's management will chose their star noodle seller over the coach. How can any coach exert authority over players, and demand 100% from them without dissent, when that's the message sent to the dressing room by the suits?

Had we sold Pogba last summer or the summer before we would've got a better price for him, plus we probably would have created a more focussed dressing room where players genuinely believed their futures depended on the manager not the other way around.
This. It was obvious he'd been Undermined and lost the dressing room as a result before he was sacked.

dev1l

I think you misunderstand the role between player and agent. The latter work for the former not viceversa. Mino do not force players to leave. Players often hire Mino because they want to make as much money as possible during their short football careers. Even then, if a player doesn't want to leave the club then Mino will respect that.

I love Pogba and I understand why he is so desperate to leave. However this is all on him, not Mino.
Mino "does not force players to leave" but if they do, he ll be better off...:)

devilish

It would be a massive step forward for the club in terms of harmony and moral if we cut all ties with this man.

Pogba should be sold, he isn’t committed and is a constant distraction because he uses Raiola to get what he wants. United will be fine without Pogba.

Sell Pogba, sell Lingard, who was foolish enough not to realize how good he has things at a United and willingly chose to sign up with Raiola, and then never deal with him again.

Players with the right attitude is absolutely crucial and one of the big things Ole has done right.

Anyone who signs up with Raiola is a danger because the player will always come first.

Sell his players, cut ties and focus on bringing in players who love Manchester United and want to be here.
Mino has his uses but considering our club history and the way we tend to conduct things then I agree.

Steerpike

Does anyone else reckon Pogba is just good enough for the Premier league as opposed to us stifling his potential? He is obviously better in Italy where he has more time on the ball to do something.
He did struggle with the pace and the more physical nature of the Premier League. I do think he had the ability to find a way to adapt his game to better suit the league, but I'm not sure he was ever of a mind to do so.

I used the past tense there as I believe it's nigh on a certainty that Pogba will leave if we get any kind of half decent offer for him (probably closer to £75 million than £150 million).

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Jose lost the dressing room, not just Pogba, due to poor results, bad football and publicly throwing his players under the buss to make himself look better; he was the true virus and we are still recovering from that.
It's the other way round if you really think about it, the poor results were due to losing the dressing room. He had no authority, couldn't get the players he wanted or get rid of the ones he didn't. The dressing room environment and performances reflected that.

devilish

Mino "does not force players to leave" but if they do, he ll be better off...:)
Yes and no. As said, Mino is an employee. His aim is to keep players happy. He's got a reputation of taking clubs to the cleaners so he attracts a certain sort of players who want to make as much money out of their career as humanely possible. However as said he doesn't force players to leave. That's because its not in his interest to piss off players else they sack him. For example do you know that he was Pavel Nedved's agent? This guy is such a legend at Juventus that he's being appointed as one of the top jobs there.

Trust me on this, don't blame everything on Mino. That's exactly what the guy wants you to do. He'll divert all the hatred from his client to himself, which means that while the former takes it easy, Mino takes the heat. Instead ask yourself this simple question. If Pogba is really innocent on the matter then why doesn't he sack Mino?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Pogba has been at the receiving end of seriously unfair criticism. So I am not surprised that he wants to leave. Once that happened it was a mistake from the club not to let him go. Never keep an unhappy player let alone rely on him so much.
I keep reading this, and I don't see how the criticism is unfair.

JoaquinJoaquin

I was always uncomfortable with Ronaldo,regarding his last season for us. He clearly didn't want to be here and you could get that sense when he was playing on some days.
He was the best player in the world at the time but I was still happy to see him leave purely because he didn't want to be associated with the club any longer.
Parting ways was fairly amicable,minor the slave comment,obviously.

That's how I feel with Pogba but with the unfortunate added ingredient from his w*nker of a agent spouting shit once every month.
Plus Pogba has been nowhere near a World Class player for us.

devilish

Jose lost the dressing room, not just Pogba, due to poor results, bad football and publicly throwing his players under the buss to make himself look better; he was the true virus and we are still recovering from that.
Jose lost the dressing room because he's one hell of sly fox. Most of Mou's signings turned out to be crap. The team was not good enough, we were going nowhere and this was hurting his career. Instead of owing to his responsibility, Mou simply caused a serious of outrageous incidents which forced the club to kick him out hence creating doubt whether it was him who cause the rot or something else. Think about this scenario. Imagine if upon hitting the iceberg, the captain started punching people, spitting at women and acting like a mad man. The crew decides that the guy lost it and thus they allow this old wreck to take a place on a boat and leave before he causes more damage. Guess what, the guy lives to tell the tale while the rest died.

devilish

I keep reading this, and I don't see how the criticism is unfair.
Oh comeon. He was our top scorer and top assist man last season and yet the media/pundits kept hunting him down. The guy was even booed in the last game while the likes of Lingard were cheered. It would be like Rashford getting the blame of this season's woes.

peridigm

Does anyone else reckon Pogba is just good enough for the Premier league as opposed to us stifling his potential? He is obviously better in Italy where he has more time on the ball to do something.
I think Pobga's form with us is down to motivation. World class players want to play with other world class players. We're lacking in the department. It may get to a point where a player just doesn't care because of the criticism they get for not carrying a team to glory. We all expect Pogba to do more because we know he can do more. We've seen it. That 2-3 comeback vs City away stands out as one of his most influential performances for us. The question is, why can't he do that week in, week out. Im sure money comes into play as well. Seeing the likes of Sanchez come in getting paid more to do nothing would make any employee think about their reasons for being here.

I don't fault Pogba for wanting to go elsewhere. He won the world cup and is good enough to start for any one of the best clubs in Europe. However, his agent is a prick and if Pogba doesn't reel him in, he's a prick too.

KristianMackle

Oh comeon. He was our top scorer and top assist man last season and yet the media/pundits kept hunting him down. The guy was even booed in the last game while the likes of Lingard were cheered. It would be like Rashford getting the blame of this season's woes.
He scored 16 goals in all competitions last year and 8 were pens but beyond that, how many man of the match performances do you remember? You can count them on one hand probably.

Jinn

He's back tracking like the SOB he is.
Article on skysports.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Another interview on Sky by the looks of Twitter. Still wouldn’t be surprised to see a new contract if we get CL. Hope so.

Varun

Staff
The backtracking :lol:

Looks like the club went in hard on him and the fat feck got his ass handed to him. Great stuff.

90 + 5min

Sir Alex Ferguson was right.
Mourinho was right.
Lets hope Solskjaer and the board make right call and sell him in summer. Don’t play him at all before that.

I don’t have anything against Pogba and agents are agents. However it is clear that when you as a player don’t say anything to cool this situation, then you are very part of it.

For the everyones best, sell him and take the money. Let him go where he wants and wish him good luck. Our club will be better off. It is not like he has done anything big here.

MrPooni

When then was a poll here, Caf was on Pogba's side. He was legend then. Captain Marvel who stood up against Mourinho and shit like that.
I was on Pogba's side too, to be fair but I was open to getting rid of him if it better served the manager's vision. Same with Martial. Ultimately Ed and the club set a dangerous precedent when they picked them over an elite level manager like Jose. Love him or hate him, he's been our most successful coach since Fergie left and we did him dirty here.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Which makes you think. Fans usually love their players, even when they are cnuts. Why would fans hate someone who was banging goals and assists for them?

It's not the media brainwashing fans into disliking him, it's that he hasn't conducted himself well and rubbed even his own club fans the wrong way.

It's nothing like Rashford. Rashford pours his heart out on the pitch, and even when it's not working out for him you can't fault the effort. Works hard, doesn't talk much, and when he does he says the right things.

arthurka

Never liked Simon Jordan until today.. But anyone still asking why we didn't buy Haaland please read this toads nonsense.. Pogba and him can feck off but he needs to do his job and get someone to pay his worth because according to him he is the best and that costs a lot of money..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Quite a step back in tone that is from his previous jibe.

Does seem like either he's realised he sounds like an idiot or Pogba/Lingard has had a word with him and told him to wind it back a bit.

Pogba does need to be careful as he could end up burning his bridges at both ends.

FINALLY though we've had it in a direct quote that he's happy at the club and they aren't thinking of moving.

AR87

I was on Pogba's side too, to be fair but I was open to getting rid of him if it better served the manager's vision. Same with Martial. Ultimately Ed and the club set a dangerous precedent when they picked them over an elite level manager like Jose. Love him or hate him, he's been our most successful coach since Fergie left and we did him dirty here.
We didn't do him dirty. He wanted Pogba, the club paid a world record fee for him, and after 1.5 seasons he was sick of him and wanted him out. This is on top of wanting the club to bin Martial for fecking Willian. The club delivered on 7 of his 8 targets in his first 2 summers in charge with the exception of Perisic after Inter kept upping the ante on us with the fee. The club also got him Alexis, which he wanted, and that has been among the worst pieces of business, if not the worst, the club has ever been a part of.

Now you can argue that the board/Woody shouldn't just give into Jose's demands for an Alexis, but the problem is Jose had previously bristled when not backed to the hilt at Chelsea and Real for example, and he had also done the same in summer 2018 until we got Matic across the line. He spent large sums of money, and for all of it the club have very little to show outside of the League Cup and Europa League trophies his first year in charge. On top of that his expenditures are a large reason why our wage bill spiraled out of control, something which has created problems for us since his departure and something the club has worked hard to get under control.

It's not black-and-white. The board has made many mistakes and along with Woody they have deservedly received major criticism for their failures. Let's not whitewash the past though and pretend Jose was some innocent who got thrown under the bus. Don't forget that for as annoying as the constant public back-and-forth we endure with Mino/Pogba, Jose was also angling for a new contract when he started flirting with PSG publicly early on in the 17/18 season. Nobody involved in this whole affair is blameless, certainly not Jose.

jackal&hyde

Jose lost the dressing room because he's one hell of sly fox. Most of Mou's signings turned out to be crap. The team was not good enough, we were going nowhere and this was hurting his career. Instead of owing to his responsibility, Mou simply caused a serious of outrageous incidents which forced the club to kick him out hence creating doubt whether it was him who cause the rot or something else. Think about this scenario. Imagine if upon hitting the iceberg, the captain started punching people, spitting at women and acting like a mad man. The crew decides that the guy lost it and thus they allow this old wreck to take a place on a boat and leave before he causes more damage. Guess what, the guy lives to tell the tale while the rest died.
:lol: interesting way of saying it. don't know about escaping though. Spurs would have been seen as way to low of a club for him before the United experience and his general reputation took a major blow. Most neutrals i know see him way worse then before. I think his boat sunk too. Lets just see if he can swim out of trouble with Spurs but i doubt it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Quite a step back in tone that is from his previous jibe.

Does seem like either he's realised he sounds like an idiot or Pogba/Lingard has had a word with him and told him to wind it back a bit.

Pogba does need to be careful as he could end up burning his bridges at both ends.

FINALLY though we've had it in a direct quote that he's happy at the club and they aren't thinking of moving.
This. Although my concern is this interview he’s done with Sky is too soon after the talkSPORT one and it’ll get swept under the rug while everyone runs with the more inflammatory one.

devilish

Which makes you think. Fans usually love their players, even when they are cnuts. Why would fans hate someone who was banging goals and assists for them?

It's not the media brainwashing fans into disliking him, it's that he hasn't conducted himself well and rubbed even his own club fans the wrong way.

It's nothing like Rashford. Rashford pours his heart out on the pitch, and even when it's not working out for him you can't fault the effort. Works hard, doesn't talk much, and when he does he says the right things.
Simple. Pogba was the one who made Sir Alex look silly by leaving and doing well for himself. According to rumours close to the club, Woodward brought him back to use it as a stick to put Sir Alex back in his box whenever the latter complained about how things are not being run well at the club. Of course that irks Sir Alex's fans, most of whom ex players/legends with a huge voice in the media and among fans. These legends have huge influence on fans.

Pogba was never a runner. That puts him with the likes of Cantona, Carrick and Ibra who are quite loved at the club. The reality is this. It was stupid for Pogba to return after what he did to Sir Alex and the club was stupid to buy him back and use him the way they did.

devilish

:lol: interesting way of saying it. don't know about escaping though. Spurs would have been seen as way to low of a club for him before the United experience and his general reputation took a major blow. Most neutrals i know see him way worse then before. I think his boat sunk too. Lets just see if he can swim out of trouble with Spurs but i doubt it.
Lets say you're trapped in one of Jigsaw's traps. The choice is between sawing your arm off and flee with your life or die. What would you do? Mou chose the latter. By airing the dirty laundry he knew that he was going to lose the dressing room, which would brought the sack. However he preferred to do so rather then stay longer and get the sack. The former created doubt (is it Mou's fault or is it the club's/players fault) while the latter would have placed the fault straight on the manager's lap.

Ah I almost forgot, Mou might have lost an arm (career's speaking) but he also left with 20m in the bank. Which considering he's on the wane is not a bad thing for him.

mu4c_20le

The standards wasn't terribly high was it?

pascell

He claims he didn't know we had a game but says Ole has more pressing matters like getting CL football, this guy is living in his own little dreamland.

The club now need to show they have a spine and won't tolerate these kind of antics anymore and get rid of Pogba and his agent, that's when we'll start to be taken seriously again.

patty123

I comment Simon Jordan on his questioning of Raiola's antics.
Pogba is sitting there quietly whiles his agent goes in against his manager so we know what side he's on.
Pogba wants this; this is how he knows he'll get his move out. Just get him out. I wouldn't play him again this season; don't care how good you are.
His priority is to get fit for the Euros
, United is just in the way.
This, cause him his place, as DD is on record saying he won't pick players who are not playing or in form, so let's stir it for France like pogba is for us, after all it be a test of DD's words.

Also remember pogba is also behind this get me out crap, as his brother cant stop giving interviews since last April saying that he wanted out.