Mirror Football: Paul Pogba's brother issues blunt ultimatum to Man Utd over midfielder's future

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He didn't really say anything new if you read the quotes.
I know. Be nice if he literally didn’t say anything for a change though. Your brother constantly talking about your dealings and sticking his nose in on tv is a bit shit whatever he’s saying.

He obviously knows it creates problems by now. Be very easy to say it’s not his place to talk about it.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's hardly news. Pretty clear by now he'll be leaving either on the cheap in the Summer or for nothing next.

USREDEVIL

I feel like an ugly dude trying to hold on to a hot chick. United aint no ugly dude. Getting all the wrong vibes from everyone on Pogba's circle. We're better than this.

spiriticon

Be nice if he literally didn’t say anything for a change though. Imagine how it’d go down in any other industry.
Exactly. It would be nice if he just said "I don't really know what's happening, but I'm sure Paul is working something out".

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Mirror: Man delivers blunt ultimatum to wife: "I may not be home for dinner (depends on all sorts of things, none of which I have any idea about, to be honest)".

Matriac

Exactly. It would be nice if he just said "I don't really know what's happening, but I'm sure Paul is working something out".

If he did they would stop inviting him to come on the shows and the parties.

Honestly I think the club mostly does not care what is said in the media as long as Paul doesn't tell them one thing and do another. It keeps the club and our highest profile player in the media, keeps all of us relevant. And then it's even bigger news if he does sign a new contract later.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Real,Barca,PSG etc arent even bidding for him.

I think he is in for a shock in the covid world if he thinks they are going to come in and offer similar wages to what United pay. Poor lad.

Infra-red

We already know this - it's the reason we're selling him this summer.

The problem will be finding a willing buyer. Might be Juve or nothing. Outside chance of a reunion with Conte (and Lukaku) at Inter, perhaps.

Devil81

Just want this circus to roll out of town, I don't even think he's worth all the hassle.

Coops73

Yawn, can’t wait for this bollocks to be a thing of the past.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And just like that, Pogba gets dropped.

Oh, wrong thread :devil:

davidmichael

Smacks of Pogba trying to drum up potential interest into something concrete through his agent and brothers but with the current world financial climate I think Pogba isn’t anywhere near as big as they all think he is and I think he’ll end up signing a new deal with us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Smacks of Pogba trying to drum up potential interest into something concrete through his agent and brothers but with the current world financial climate I think Pogba isn’t anywhere near as big as they all think he is and I think he’ll end up signing a new deal with us.
The quotes smack of nothing of the sort tbh.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sounds like someone isn't happy with the contract on offer.
I think it’s clear that it will sound like whatever people want it to sound like.

And the Mirror are of course aware that there is an appetite for such an interpretation hence them whipping up a nothing article with a clickbait headline for that very reason.

wolvored

I hope we dont offer him a new contract and feck him off. Too much pantomime with him and it isnt as if were talking prime Cantona. This is a player who goes from 8/10 to 4/10 in a matter of weeks. Hes on a decent run at the moment, but is it because hes playing for the shop window? Seems funny hes playing his best form in 4 years.

redmanx

I hope we dont offer him a new contract and feck him off. Too much pantomime with him and it isnt as if were talking prime Cantona. This is a player who goes from 8/10 to 4/10 in a matter of weeks. Hes on a decent run at the moment, but is it because hes playing for the shop window? Seems funny hes playing his best form in 4 years.
My thoughts exactly. Will he come out and refute his brothers words? Of course not, just as he didn't his agents.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
If he is speaking on official terms with his brother then i think tonight was quite the message sent to him in response. On the bright side maybe Juve will swap Ronaldo for Pogba if our lad really wants to go out of England.

Imagine the millions, AND MILLIONS of Ronaldo's fans giving him one last hurrah at the biggest club in the world where the grew up. Beautiful. Buuut not economically viable.. Oh what to do with a problem like Paul Pogba..

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
i was going to say this thread would be improved if people read the actual quotes, but actually they'll make no difference anyway. abuse away.

Hughie77

He played 7 straight games I think before last night. He most prob will start Saturday night.
Hes been pretty good this season, but it's always been the grass is greener somewhere else. If he wants off then sell him next season if not, offer him new deal if he doesn't want that then sell him. If he want to go on a free then we try get another CM in and he can waste his last season on the bench frozen out. It's up to him really.
The club needs a pair of balls to do it, UTD are not getting anywhere near the money we paid for him he knows that, so he could well just go for free.

redmanx

He played 7 straight games I think before last night. He most prob will start Saturday night.
Hes been pretty good this season, but it's always been the grass is greener somewhere else. If he wants off then sell him next season if not, offer him new deal if he doesn't want that then sell him. If he want to go on a free then we try get another CM in and he can waste his last season on the bench frozen out. It's up to him really.
The club needs a pair of balls to do it, UTD are not getting anywhere near the money we paid for him he knows that, so he could well just go for free.
Agreed, if necassary we should cut our losses and let him go, In the last few games Pogbas performed better but still nothing like what is expected from him. Even if we let him see his contract out on the bench as you suggest we're still paying him so we should accept the best offer we get for him and close the book on him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The Twitter headline seems needlessly hyperbolized, to be fair — almost like it was purposefully designed to antagonize the United fanbase! :lol:

These are the quotes attributed to Mathias — he could have skipped the query, yes — but equally, the utterances are not that scandalous/dramatic in what was probably a candid interview. Much ado about nothing, all things considered.
Thanks for the context, and of course the media will ignore those and focus on the inflammatory quotes to get people riled up.

Agreed, if necassary we should cut our losses and let him go, In the last few games Pogbas performed better but still nothing like what is expected from him. Even if we let him see his contract out on the bench as you suggest we're still paying him so we should accept the best offer we get for him and close the book on him.
I'd say if his performances lately are still 'nothing like what is expected of him', I'd say the expectations are completely over the top and unrealistic.

TsuWave

this guy spends his days talking about his little brother. what a wasteman

Red00012

Real,Barca,PSG etc arent even bidding for him.

I think he is in for a shock in the covid world if he thinks they are going to come in and offer similar wages to what United pay. Poor lad.
Well then he goes on a free the following season....

PJS007

Who's to say that Paul is going in the Summer? He's been saying all the right things lately and seemingly wants to stay. Paul gets on with Ole and they players too and is playing very well lately too

A cynic would say he's only doing that to get a move in the summer but I'd like to be an optimist and that he simply wants to stay at United.
I beg to differ, I'm optimistic he will leave. Talented player but has never suited us no suprise that we had more cutting edge and were more direct without him the other night.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He's gonna end up staying, we will offer him a bonkers contract because we are scared of loosing him for free, and long term we will end up with and Ozil/Sanchez situation.

The Firestarter

Who's to say that Paul is going in the Summer? He's been saying all the right things lately and seemingly wants to stay. Paul gets on with Ole and they players too and is playing very well lately too

A cynic would say he's only doing that to get a move in the summer but I'd like to be an optimist and that he simply wants to stay at United.
If he wants to stay, he should sign a new contract.