Mirror Football: Paul Pogba's brother issues blunt ultimatum to Man Utd over midfielder's future

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

SATA

I’ve only seen the headline and not the article and I presume Paul certainly has a big mouth agent and even bigger mouths brothers. Not their fault though that their baby brother Paul is ten times more famous

spiriticon

We need to include a silence clause for all relatives and agents in our contracts from now.

Every time somebody opens their mouth, the player loses money.

rotherham_red

Beyond caring, and I have done for the last 18 months or so, truth be told.

Matriac

This thread is likely to be another shitshow, but people should stop caring about what his brothers say in the media. It's the only way they can stay somewhat relevant so they will say whatever the media wants them to.

It's better we just focus on the season and then leave it up to Ole and the team if they want to try to convince Paul to sign a new deal or not

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His quotes aren't really as bad as the headline made out. Just said that if we don't sell him this summer then he'll probably go for free when his contract expires.

luke511

Probably not the best idea to copy and paste The Mirror's truth twisting headline, it's fishing for hate.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Just 4 months left of this circus. Endure it folks.
Who's to say that Paul is going in the Summer? He's been saying all the right things lately and seemingly wants to stay. Paul gets on with Ole and they players too and is playing very well lately too

A cynic would say he's only doing that to get a move in the summer but I'd like to be an optimist and that he simply wants to stay at United.

romufc

Looks like the OP has fallen for The Mirrors oldest playbook. Twist the headline for click bait.

There is nothing in there that no United fan doesn't know.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
The Twitter headline seems needlessly hyperbolized, to be fair — almost like it was purposefully designed to antagonize the United fanbase! :lol:
And when asked about his brother he said: "He is happy. He is improving his game. He has a year left on his contract. I don't know (if he will stay until then). I can't help you right now."

"The only thing I can say is if United want money, they have to sell him now. That's the only thing I can say. If no, he'll go for free. I haven't heard anything about him renewing his contract."
These are the quotes attributed to Mathias — he could have skipped the query, yes — but equally, the utterances are not that scandalous/dramatic in what was probably a candid interview. Much ado about nothing, all things considered.

Giggsy13

Pogba’s brothers are irrelevance personified and just riding on the coat tails of their more talented sibling. Really who gives a shit what this scrub thinks of Paul’s situation at United.

SATA

It’s amazing how much a sibling is so much better at something and in this case football when all of them are from the same genes

Zuggie

It’s amazing how much a sibling is so much better at something and in this case football when all of them are from the same genes
It's almost as if it's a totally different individual, crazy right

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Nothing new.

I am expecting him to leave for nothing the summer his contract expires. If Real Madrid or Juventus come knocking this coming summer the bids will be derisory anyway.

Oranges038

Man gives candid and obvious answer to a question.

A blunt ultimatum?

More akin to one Sky's heated debates.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Nothing story, unreadable article due to those pictures and adds every 3 sentences. Shit journalism.

Just replace "blunt ultimatum" with "obvious truth" and it's OK.

Zlatattack

What his brother said...

And when asked about his brother he said: "He is happy. He is improving his game.

"He has a year left on his contract. I don't know (if he will stay until then). I can't help you right now.

"The only thing I can say is if United want money, they have to sell him now. That's the only thing I can say. If no, he'll go for free."

"I haven't heard anything about him renewing his contract."

Zlatattack

What Pogba recently said;

The player himself recently said: "I am on contract, I am here, I am enjoying myself.

"Everybody knows that I have one year left, I'm going to speak with the club and see what's going on.

"For now, my objective, my goal is to win something. That's all I'm thinking about is to win."

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Clickbait headline.

Pogba's very likely to be a meal ticket for certain members of the family. They need to be seen to care.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I wonder how he feels, knowing that the reason they interview him, is because they want to know about his brother.

hubbuh

I hope we've got an exit strategy for him sorted and know what we're going to do afterward. Then again, it is the Woody and Ed Judge jamboree where anything and nothing could happen.

romufc

I hope we've got an exit strategy for him sorted and know what we're going to do afterward. Then again, it is the Woody and Ed Judge jamboree where anything and nothing could happen.
It makes me quite sad knowing if we were run better, we would be winning titles.

We can attract players, managers, staff, revenue without the requirement of billionaire owners.

How the feck can the board get it so wrong when you are meant to be able to hire the best in every field possible.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'd have guessed that this is actually the norm, with the "2 siblings are almost equally as gifted as each other at an elite level sport" being the exception.

Jacob

His quotes aren't really as bad as the headline made out. Just said that if we don't sell him this summer then he'll probably go for free when his contract expires.
Surprise, surprise. The age of sensationalism and fake news. It's more important to be first than accurate.

hubbuh

It makes me quite sad knowing if we were run better, we would be winning titles.

We can attract players, managers, staff, revenue without the requirement of billionaire owners.

How the feck can the board get it so wrong when you are meant to be able to hire the best in every field possible.
Rank incompetence, unfortunately. Our ability to pull rabbits out of the hat left with Fergie. As soon as we need a thorough and diligent approach from the people above the manager, it all falls apart.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I read that as meaning Paul Pogba had issues with his brother which had blunted his ultimatum to Manchester United.

Crap headline.

redmanx

Who's to say that Paul is going in the Summer? He's been saying all the right things lately and seemingly wants to stay. Paul gets on with Ole and they players too and is playing very well lately too

A cynic would say he's only doing that to get a move in the summer but I'd like to be an optimist and that he simply wants to stay at United.
First Pogbas agent starts shouting off about how his client wants to leave and how he should be allowed to and Pogba makes no attempt to contradict him except to say, weeks later, that he was happy now at United. Now Pogbas brother starts up and we're supposed to believe Paul Pogba is totally innocent of trying to orchestrate a move? No, if Pogba had any true feelings about United and its supporters he would have told both his agent and his brother to mind their own business. Who'll be next to say their piece, his mother?