Mirror's two massive Man Utd exclusive

Enigma_87

You know who
Why not? He had his best season to date just there, top scorer in the English league (well joint!), a great player and you see the type of money being thrown about for lesser players.

He could fetch 20m no doubt. You're right, I love Berba but 20m would be a great bit of business.
For who?

Getting in the new season with 1 experienced striker/forward in Rooney, 2 very promising ones (Hernandez and Welbeck) but lacking experience and Owen who is a bit of a sicknote.

Can't see the point in offloading Berbatov..

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: It would have been many more at an earlier hour.
I'm at a new job now and posting will be severely minimised, I'm counting on you to be sensible here Jay. Trample on silly tabloid bullshit and do your best to end Uttertwunt.

MUFCgal

For who?

Getting in the new season with 1 experienced striker/forward in Rooney, 2 very promising ones (Hernandez and Welbeck) but lacking experience and Owen who is a bit of a sicknote.

We'd have Rooney, Chicharito, Owen, Macheda and Welbeck.

I say it would be a great piece of business in the way that a year ago, you'd have struggled to fetch 10m for Berbatov. But after the season he had, you could easily get 20m for him.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
For who?

I think it's quite apparent that Sir Alex doesn't see him as a first choice player. We know that he rates both Welbeck and Macheda very highly and they can't be held back much longer, especialy Welbeck. If we get the right offer then I can easily see Berbatov going. Rooney, Hernandez, Owen, Macheda, Welbeck. With Young, Cleverly, Park, Nani, and dare I say it Sneijder who can all play as a support forward.

johnmufc

For who?

Age and experience are not important. If a player is good enough, then that player is ready. Welbeck is ready. Of course we all know that Chicharito is too.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
I'm at a new job now and posting will be severely minimised, I'm counting on you to be sensible here Jay. Trample on silly tabloid bullshit and do your best to end Uttertwunt.
Aww, so now earning more money and a brighter future is more important than posting on the caf? For shame, Nick.

You know me, no jizz wastage until a player signs on the dotted line. I've silenced Mr.Twunt into eternal submission. :cool:

Brophs

The One and Only
Hard to see how we could turn that sort of money down for a guy who probably won't be a first choice and will not have much of a resale value in a year or so. It'd be a real shame to see him go but his card was marked as soon as he missed the CL Final.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
That Sniejder story is hardly an EXCLUSIVE. Its sort of a worst kept secret that his wages are a stumbling block.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think it's quite apparent that Sir Alex doesn't see him as a first choice player. We know that he rates both Welbeck and Macheda very highly and they can't be held back much longer, especialy Welbeck. If we get the right offer then I can easily see Berbatov going. Rooney, Hernandez, Owen, Macheda, Welbeck. With Young, Cleverly, Park, Nani, and dare I say it Sneijder who can all play as a support forward.
Bold statement for someone who played in 32 of the 38 games in Premiership last season.

Macheda and Welbeck have the qualities, but as I said, experience is what they lack. They played no more than 20ish matches combined in Prem. If something happens to Rooney, we're to rely on 20 years old forward line...

Berbatov still has lot to offer in our attack and brings something different to what Chico and Welbeck provide.

We'd have Rooney, Chicharito, Owen, Macheda and Welbeck.

I say it would be a great piece of business in the way that a year ago, you'd have struggled to fetch 10m for Berbatov. But after the season he had, you could easily get 20m for him.
I say this is bullshit. In January Bent went for 20ish m to Villa. How the hell Berbatov's value should be twice lower?

Age and experience are not important. If a player is good enough, then that player is ready. Welbeck is ready. Of course we all know that Chicharito is too.
Based on several matches for S'land and few friendlies?

Lets not jump the gun there. Welbeck has the qualities to be future class forward, and his future is with United, but it's too early to say he'll be immediate success next season..

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I can't wait anymore.. My hands are shaking, my heart is racing...... Come on, just say it, say it, for f*ck sake just say the S word!!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
so are you waiting for the two pieces of news you'd already heard?...:angel: interesting

Ole'sbodyguard

For who?

I'm not convinced by the story either, however, if United are close to signing Sneijder(a big if) selling Berbatov makes alot of sense. We have five strikers and players like Young, Giggs and Sneijder who can play as the second striker/ most attacking central midfielder. There's enough cover there and would probably mean playing 4-3-3 more. I also think we might see Nani play more centrally this season with the signing of Young.

Selling Berbatov would not lead United short of options and it breaks in pretty big money to offset the fee Sneidjer would command, as well as another big earner off the payroll.

I'd prefer to keep Berbatov but if Sneidjer was coming in then I'd have to say we would be stronger overall.

Striker10

Bold statement for someone who played in 32 of the 38 games in Premiership last season.

Macheda and Welbeck have the qualities, but as I said, experience is what they lack. They played no more than 20ish matches combined in Prem. If something happens to Rooney, we're to rely on 20 years old forward line...

Berbatov still has lot to offer in our attack and brings something different to what Chico and Welbeck provide.

I say this is bullshit. In January Bent went for 20ish m to Villa. How the hell Berbatov's value should be twice lower?
Do you remember how much we sold Ruud for?

Striker10

you mean 6 years ago?

From memory around 20m. Calculate inflation values and you'll get the right figure..
inflation my arse...it wasn't 20million put it that way.

Striker10

inflation my arse...it wasn't 20million put it that way.
I'm probably wrong btw but I don't give a shit. Oh and we have the option of another year which the mirror have ignored so much ado about nothing.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Johnno's been found at the bottom of a cesspit viciously poking a Berbatov voodoo doll?

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm probably wrong btw but I don't give a shit. Oh and we have the option of another year which the mirror have ignored so much ado about nothing.
add to that I can't see why Berbatov would opt to move from United and the Premier League to the French league...

Striker10

add to that I can't see why Berbatov would opt to move from United and the Premier League to the French league...
it's in fashion ..;)

Bit of a disappointment when alls said and done. Thought for a second we'd sign Barton

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
On second thoughts, £20m would probably be too good to turn down for a 30-year-old.

It'd be a shame to see him go, though.

erickingcantona

does a "newspaper" having an "exclusive" not count as "news"? remember the ole days when just the "exclusive" was the news?

Striker10

On second thoughts, £20m would probably be too good to turn down for a 30-year-old.

It'd be a shame to see him go, though.
It depends though. That's a selling clubs attitude. The amount we lose on buying someone to replace him we could conceivably save by promoting a youngster like Kiko and Welbeck. So what's the rush in selling?

But the story is bullshit anyway. It's 18million and it's all hear say. There's nothing been accepted so how is that a big exclusive? That's the mirror for you

I_live_cement

Cat freak
It depends though. That's a selling clubs attitude. The amount we lose on buying someone to replace him we could conceivably save by promoting a youngster like Kiko and Welbeck. So what's the rush in selling?
Surely the fact that we do have Kiko and Welbeck ready to replace him means that we should cash in on him now while he's still worth something?