Mirror's two massive Man Utd exclusive

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Even that is a lie from The Mirror. This shit is not exclusive either.
If they are the only one claiming that this is an exclusive then it it is indeed exclusive. They are exclusively claiming that this is an exclusive.

Probably.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
If they are the only one claiming that this is an exclusive then it it is indeed exclusively. They are exclusively claiming that this is an exclusive.

Probably.
Nah. Its a cycle Wibs. See every newspaper goes through it in case of a protracted transfer saga.

Club interested in player, club talks to said player's reps/club, club lodges bid, the clubs tussle on the bid, club accepts bid, player asks for wages, buying club and player tussle on wages, transfer close to being sealed within the week, transfer breaks down and repeat.

All newspapers claim exclusives, yet every step happens about ten times in the said transfer saga.

Now later in the week, see another newspaper reporting an 'exclusive' rehashing this same crap. Best was during the Sanchez saga, Sanchezter United. :lol: For all we know, maybe we didnt even make an official bid after the player's reps informed us of Barca's interest and Sanchez's preference.

Kelvin

didn't gill said berba is staying, so he is a liar then.

Devil may care

Drogba was also not the leagues top scorer that season
Wrong again then, Drogba pipped Rooney the year after right?

it was Anelka, it wasn't exactly 50 years ago.
No it was 3 years ago. So my knowledge of Chelsea's chart topping strikers at 4am is not great, but the point of getting £20M for someone who will be 31 in January is the main one I was making.

Zen

didn't gill said berba is staying, so he is a liar then.
Basically the translation of that is commonly "we have no intention of selling him and are not shopping him out for cheap....but if a good bid came in...yeah sure"

It's a common thing managers/chairmen/etc all say. They say "he's gone" and the price instantly drops.

mjs020294

Unless Berba signs a new deal before the start of the season United would sell him if an offer came in.

Hal9000

The Berba to PSG rumour isn't excatly new, it's been going on since just after the CL league. It died down after PSG denied they had bid for anyone, and Berbas agent said he wants to stay at United. Personally though, if they are going to offer us near on £19 million for him, then i don't see why we wouldn't bite there hand off.

£11 million loss on a player we've had 3 seasons, whos 30+ and 1 year left on his contract, is not bad.

Siorac

You want the leagues top scorer to go?
We sort of survived the departure of Ruud and his 21 league goals in 2005/06.

I doubt any club would really pay 18m for Berba but if they do, we really can't turn that down.

Kelvin

Unless Berba signs a new deal before the start of the season United would sell him if an offer came in.
how is he going to sign when the club still have not offer him a new contract, its a crazy situation that we don't seem keen to give him one?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The Berba to PSG rumour isn't excatly new, it's been going on since just after the CL league. It died down after PSG denied they had bid for anyone, and Berbas agent said he wants to stay at United. Personally though, if they are going to offer us near on £19 million for him, then i don't see why we wouldn't bite there hand off.

£11 million loss on a player we've had 3 seasons, whos 30+ and 1 year left on his contract, is not bad.
exactly. United always talk about "resale" value.

well, 20m for someone who is already 30 is bloody good resale value

I dont mind Berba, he has his moments, but we'd survive without him. Plus his wages would free up for someone else..

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
exactly. United always talk about "resale" value.

well, 20m for someone who is already 30 is bloody good resale value

I dont mind Berba, he has his moments, but we'd survive without him. Plus his wages would free up for someone else..
Mixed one, shame to see him go if he does, because the bloke is just pure class.

However, his talent deserves to be on show more than I reckon it will be at United next season, and in 12 months time we won't get anywhere near that amount for him.

In hindsight, with Owen signing on for another year, that was the writing on the wall for Berbatov, I reckon.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I'm a massive Berba fan and I'd be gutted to see him go but I'd understand if the club accepted an offer of £20m.

Drifter

American
how is he going to sign when the club still have not offer him a new contract, its a crazy situation that we don't seem keen to give him one?
Maybe his agent is holding out for a longer contract.

ciderman9000000

I'd feel comfortable going into a season with Rooney, Hernandez, Owen, Welbeck and Macheda as our strikers. I like Berbatov, but £19m is a very good price + it'd free up about £100k in wages every week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I guess if that offer is real and Berba wants to leave we won't stand in his way.

It was made pretty obvious where he lies in the pecking order after the CL Final last season.

How many years does he have left on his contract anyway?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He has one year left on his deal but we could extend it by a further year on similar temrs due to a clause in his contract.

MacMUFC

I'd feel comfortable going into a season with Rooney, Hernandez, Owen, Welbeck and Macheda as our strikers. I like Berbatov, but £19m is a very good price + it'd free up about £100k in wages every week.
Me too. I also think it would make Sneijder an absolute dead cert to join us, as well.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Berbatov and Owen won't be here in 12 months time. Welbeck and Macheda can fill their boots.

RedRover

Hmmmm. Doesn't look good then. Of course he could just decide to sit on it if he doesn't fancy France.
I think its likely he would - big money on offer and a club that seem keen to compete, if of course United make it clear he's surplus to requirements.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
i think he(bera) should move on.
but if he goes and we don't get a forward, and we get sneijder, let's forget 4-4-2 for most games.
with park, nani, valencia, young as wide options, and sneijder in a 3 man midfield. i am really ok with that.
with chicha on the bench, a 4-3-3 will be great.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Berbatov and Owen won't be here in 12 months time. Welbeck and Macheda can fill their boots.
Owen will more then likely stay at United as long as he scores goals when he's called upon. He's inexpensive, we're unlikely to get anything for him and he's a model professional. His injury record for us isn't as bad as people expected and he more or less seems to be on the up, he's a good option to have.

As for Berbatov, right now its arguable if he's even ahead of Owen going by pre season, and for somebody earning twice his money, it's not really good enough. If even a 15 million pound offer came in, I'd expect United to bite their hand off. Berbatov is only as good as he can be when he's the main man and he won't really get that opportunity again.