Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Mickson

Apparently, the game is shown live on something called Bein Sports 2. If anyone can find me a river I would appreciate it.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The other games are on UEFA.tv. It's their official portal and it's free. You just have to sign up first.

mav_9me

Does it look like Mejbri is part of first team squad now then? Or the subs list is longer and he is on there?

Beaucoup

U16 won 1-0 against Birmingham, score doesn't do it justice, McAllister and Berry ran the show

Beaucoup

Match was played at Birmingham Academy, I spoke to someone who watched the game, Birmingham couldn't get out of their own half apparently, all the above featured. McAllister and Berry too good for this level is the feedback I got.

Bigsid

Match was played at Birmingham Academy, I spoke to someone who watched the game, Birmingham couldn't get out of their own half apparently, all the above featured. McAllister and Berry too good for this level is the feedback I got.
Big call saying that given they lost to Middlesbrough the week before. Guess it depends on the level. Am presuming Sharpe is seen as best prospect in that particular group with him starting in the 18s and young McAllister next who I believe plays for England.

Beaucoup

Big call saying that given they lost to Middlesbrough the week before. Guess it depends on the level. Am presuming Sharpe is seen as best prospect in that particular group with him starting in the 18s and young McAllister next who I believe plays for England.
A teams results cannot judge how individuals play. Regarding Sharpe, playing up doesn't really mean anything, he's probably not in the top 10 of the best U16's, I think getting bought from another club has always given players certain benefits over home grown players.

Mickson

Will Fish and D'Mani Mellor are the only two who pretty much do not play regularly. Loans going well.

Demaw

A teams results cannot judge how individuals play. Regarding Sharpe, playing up doesn't really mean anything, he's probably not in the top 10 of the best U16's, I think getting bought from another club has always given players certain benefits over home grown players.
I have watched the 18's for many years on MUTV, Interesting about Sharpe, Beaucoup, even though he looks quite young he didn't have too much to stand out on. Who do you rate in our top ten, and who do you think will kick on? I did watch a clip on an amazing 15's defender Ogunneye a while ago who ran the ball and made amazing passes, I read he is hugely rated.

Demaw

I have high hopes for a kid who doesn't get mentioned much, left footed defender Bjorn Hardley. Something about his game I like and hoping he can step up to the next level. He never looked flustered in 18's and had speed to burn. Left footed is a bonus as well. Big fan of keeper Vitek, massive size and commanding. Think he will go far. Mainoo and Gore looking great in the midfield in 18's the other day. Garancho will enjoy being the main striker this year too. Not the strongest 18's but several players look interesting and will enjoy seeing how they progress. Really sad about Mejia and his injuries. Came over from Spain with massive wraps and goals record. I saw I think 2 games and he definitely had something but not sure he will fulfil it now.

khoazany

Is Curley still with United? Somehow he seems disappeared

Sea-Cow

I have high hopes for a kid who doesn't get mentioned much, left footed defender Bjorn Hardley. Something about his game I like and hoping he can step up to the next level. He never looked flustered in 18's and had speed to burn. Left footed is a bonus as well. Big fan of keeper Vitek, massive size and commanding. Think he will go far. Mainoo and Gore looking great in the midfield in 18's the other day. Garancho will enjoy being the main striker this year too. Not the strongest 18's but several players look interesting and will enjoy seeing how they progress. Really sad about Mejia and his injuries. Came over from Spain with massive wraps and goals record. I saw I think 2 games and he definitely had something but not sure he will fulfil it now.
I've only seen the highlights and never a full match, but Garancho looks quality. I appreciate the way that he strikes the ball cleanly and looks to have some confidence to him.

Demaw

I've only seen the highlights and never a full match, but Garancho looks quality. I appreciate the way that he strikes the ball cleanly and looks to have some confidence to him.
Garancho was very raw last season and change of scenery moving to a new country. McNeil and Hugill were older and ahead of him, plus Noah Emeran, so he wasn't going to shine with those two strikers scoring for fun. Garancho looks different this year, more composed and assured. Playing at 10 would be a boost of confidence as well. He is usually a wide left type of player cutting in but has beautiful shooting prowess. The other thing he knows is that he has to step up and be a leader with this young squad. He has a huge reputation for scoring in Spain so hoping he brings that here. Right back Jurado is another. I wasn't impressed last season but looking much better in the little I've seen of him in 2021. Gore just looks hard working with good technique and reading of the game. Mainoo looks even better. Nice two to have in mids. Left back Murray is highly rated and looking forward to seeing more of him as well.

Reactions: Penna

Sea-Cow

Garancho was very raw last season and change of scenery moving to a new country. McNeil and Hugill were older and ahead of him, plus Noah Emeran, so he wasn't going to shine with those two strikers scoring for fun. Garancho looks different this year, more composed and assured. Playing at 10 would be a boost of confidence as well. He is usually a wide left type of player cutting in but has beautiful shooting prowess. The other thing he knows is that he has to step up and be a leader with this young squad. He has a huge reputation for scoring in Spain so hoping he brings that here. Right back Jurado is another. I wasn't impressed last season but looking much better in the little I've seen of him in 2021. Gore just looks hard working with good technique and reading of the game. Mainoo looks even better. Nice two to have in mids. Left back Murray is highly rated and looking forward to seeing more of him as well.
Thats good to hear. Having loads of competition can only help the club collectively and these lads individually.

Mickson

He came on yesterday against Bradford. Here's hoping for better luck with injuries. He did look sharp albeit was only like 5-10 mins.
Not sure I agree. Fecked up two counterattacks with bad passes in his short time. I think that's his problem, too. The only time he has looked decent is when he has played with a younger age group.

mav_9me

Not sure I agree. Fecked up two counterattacks with bad passes in his short time. I think that's his problem, too. The only time he has looked decent is when he has played with a younger age group.
Fair. I could be wrong. I was working and watching...

Demaw

I reckon it is the first year that our loans are going well, playing regularly and we're getting opportunities to see them play first team football. Williams in weekly stuff at battling Norwich, Axel with Villa playing regularly, Chongy ripping it up for Birmingham, hoping Pellistri gets more game time at Alaves, paid big money in him so must be something we liked.