Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He joined from Man City in 2016.

The other David Harrison joined from Everton a few months back and his role at the club involves being in charge of the operations side where he oversees the security, ticketing, travel etc for the teams.
Thank you. He got the job I applied for it seems !! I wish he would leave so I can apply again :lol:

EDIT: Thank you as well @top1whoisman

Bertie Wooster

He's only just been appointed hasn't he? Must have a huge offer from Newcastle.
Not the same David Harrison, this one has been at the club since early 2017. The one that got just appointed "only" has admin role and doesn't have anything to do with recruitment.
Just shows how organised things are under ETH - we know we might be losing one David Harrison, so bring a spare in just in case. :)

Seriously, though, is that a big blow in terms of academy recruitment? I know we'll, hopefully, be able to go out and cherry pick a replacement, but he's clearly talented, having been at Man City, Man United and, soon, Newcastle - all the 'money teams' who can target the best - so how easy will it be to replace him with someone of similar ability?

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Norway qualified for U19 Euros after beating France 2-1 and Romania 4-0

Isak Hansen Aarøen captained the side

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just shows how organised things are under ETH - we know we might be losing one David Harrison, so bring a spare in just in case. :)

Seriously, though, is that a big blow in terms of academy recruitment? I know we'll, hopefully, be able to go out and cherry pick a replacement, but he's clearly talented, having been at Man City, Man United and, soon, Newcastle - all the 'money teams' who can target the best - so how easy will it be to replace him with someone of similar ability?
I can only give you my opinion, but I don't believe it's difficult for a club of United's stature to bring in a high calibre replacement. There's a lot of talented people involved in the recruitment field and I don't see why it would be a problem to bring in a high level recruiter to replace Harrison. I fully expect a high calibre replacement to be brought in.

The bigger issue imo is the owners, and as long as they're here, we will be less attractive to potential new recruits in comparison to City and Chelsea. But the recruitment structure is in place right now at all levels but they're handicapped in comparison to City and Chelsea who have for many years been stockpiling on the most talented youth, domestically.

Bertie Wooster

I can only give you my opinion, but I don't believe it's difficult for a club of United's stature to bring in a high calibre replacement. There's a lot of talented people involved in the recruitment field and I don't see why it would be a problem to bring in a high level recruiter to replace Harrison. I fully expect a high calibre replacement to be brought in.

The bigger issue imo is the owners, and as long as they're here, we will be less attractive to potential new recruits in comparison to City and Chelsea. But the recruitment structure is in place right now at all levels but they're handicapped in comparison to City and Chelsea who have for many years been stockpiling on the most talented youth, domestically.
Thanks. :)

The first paragraph: That's good to hear.
The second paragraph: Yeah, that's a negative issue all right.

Bojan Djordjic

Is youth recruitment covered under FFP? Are we under the same constraints that the senior team is when seeking promising young talent?

Prodigal7

Is youth recruitment covered under FFP? Are we under the same constraints that the senior team is when seeking promising young talent?
It’s all part of the clubs overall finances so yes. Obviously spending 200k on a player is a lot less impactful than spending 100m but the principle remains.

Bojan Djordjic

It’s all part of the clubs overall finances so yes. Obviously spending 200k on a player is a lot less impactful than spending 100m but the principle remains.
Yeah but I guess it probably rules us out of contention with buying the Hannibal level talents that I think cost us close to €10mn (unless I'm horribly wrong on this).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
United fielded a couple of overage players with no locals while City actually put out their u8s side who were all born within the Etihad so he doesn't mind.
Says a lot about him that this response could have been from his account.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
United fielded a couple of overage players with no locals while City actually put out their u8s side who were all born within the Etihad so he doesn't mind.
Don't forget that United all had 7ft playing for them whilst City had 4ft technical wizards.

Bigsid

Great stuff. Think most people know theres quite a gap. On thread below i see our own technical Director has his boys over at City. Probably tells you all you need to know........

khoazany

I think it's already clear from last few months who will get scholarships from the U16s, apart of the few cases like Oriola, Devaney, Kaba.

Gungerz

U14s & U12s are in Spain for the MIC Cup which starts tomorrow.

https://live.micfootball.com/ if you want to follow the scores & see the squads.

They’re also showing a number of games on YouTube but at the moment it doesn’t look like any of ours are being streamed.

Last edited:

khoazany

Tude Shoretire isn't the the U14s squad but there are Kai Rooney, Dejonge, JJ and new signing Louie Bradbury.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
U14s are through to the last 16, and U12s to the quarter-finals in the MIC Cup in Catalunya.

U12s face CE Mercantil. Milan, Real & Barca are all in QFs as well.

U14s playing against a team from Frankfurt. Espanyol, Barca, Palace, Atlético, Juve & City among others still left in the competition.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
MIC Cup:

U14s through to the quarters after beating Spvgg Overrad 05 4-2 on pens (0-0). Watson, Gabriel, Scanlon, Daley scored. We’ll face Barca in the quarters tomorrow. If we win, we'll play Palace or Sporting California Arsenal in the semi. City/Juve vs UE Quart/Atlético in the other semi.

U12s beat CE Mercantil 3-1 in their QF. Fagbenle, Marsden-Umebuani, Waters the goalscorers. Semi tomorrow vs Girona who beat Barca, Milan vs Real in the other one.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

MIC Cup:

U14s through to the quarters after beating Spvgg Overrad 05 4-2 on pens (0-0). Watson, Gabriel, Scanlon, Daley scored. We’ll face Barca in the quarters tomorrow. Palace & Atlético also through.

U12s beat CE Mercantil 3-1 in their QF. Fagbenle, Marsden-Umebuani, Waters the goalscorers. Semi tomorrow vs Girona/Barca, Milan vs Real in the other one.
Thanks for all the updates.

I followed the U14 scores yesterday on the thread that was linked. But not been able to do so today so hadn't seen how they, or the U12's, had done.

top1whoisman

Scout
U14s top scorers in MIC Cup so far:
Louie Bradbury 5
JJ Gabriel 4
Jaume Camacho 2
Jacob Watson 2

U12s:
Ayobami Fagbenle 4
Ellis Mills 2
Pharell Silvester 2
Cole Marsden-Umebuani 2
Estan Chisnall-Devent 2
Brian Nyonyi 2
Jack Waters 2

top1whoisman

Scout
MIC Cup update: Barca eliminated our U14s in the quarter-finals 2-0 (2-0). U12s' semi against Girona starts at 10:00 BST.

top1whoisman

Scout
An hour later our U12s have also been beaten. We lost 2-1 (1-0) to Girona in the semi. :( Finished the match with ten players.

Still a very good experience for both age groups playing knockout games against top teams from around Europe.

Bigsid

An hour later our U12s have also been beaten. We lost 2-1 (1-0) to Girona in the semi. :( Finished the match with ten players.

Still a very good experience for both age groups playing knockout games against top teams from around Europe.
Did we beat any professional sides or was it mainly local teams?

top1whoisman

Scout
2-2 now, Mejía equalised (Hardley assist). Aljofree scored our first. Vestergaard & Bertrand started for Leicester. Ex-United Chris Popov scored their first.

United:

Bishop

Wellens
Kambwala
Aljofree
Hardley

Collyer
Gore (C)

Forson
Hansen-Aarøen
Emeran

Mejía