g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Borninthe80ts

Not heard much about the under 16s this summer. Be interesting to see the squad and participants involved.

Gungerz

U16 squad in Hong Kong:

Goalkeepers: Cameron Byrne-Hughes, Fred Heath (U15)

Defenders: Dan Armer, Bendito Mantato, Albert Mills, Freddie Freedman, Nathaniel Mapengu, Godwill Kukonki, Rafe McCormack (U15), Jayden Ngwashi (U15)

Midfielders: James Bailey, Rory Leech, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher (U15), Jariyah Shah (U15),

Forwards: Majid Balogun, Amir Ibragimov, Siem Abraha (injured), Louie Bradbury (U15), Neithan Barbosa (U15), Noah Ajayi (U15),

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
U16 squad in Hong Kong:

Defenders: Dan Armer, Bendito Mantato, Albert Mills, Freddie Freedman, Nathaniel Mapengu, Godwill Kukonki, Rafe McCormack (U15), Jayden Ngwashi (U15)

Midfielders: James Bailey, Rory Leech, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher (U15), Jariyah Shah (U15),

Forwards: Majid Balogun, Amir Ibragimov, Siem Abraha (injured), Louie Bradbury (U15), Neithan Barbosa (U15), Noah Ajayi (U15),
Who would you say the ones to watch are from this group?

Gungerz

Who would you say the ones to watch are from this group?
Ibragimov (if he plays because he may well be injured), Kukonki, Byrne-Hughes & Balogun to name just a few.

From the 15s players I like McCormack & Ibrovic-Fletcher.

Bertie Wooster

U16 squad in Hong Kong:

Thanks for that update. Didn't know the U16's were playing games in Hong Kong.

I'm familiar with the positions of the U16 players - though I've only seen a few of them play so far.

But not sure about some of the U15's such as
Jayden Ngwashi, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, Jariyah Shah and Noah Ajayi. What positions are they?

Gungerz

Thanks for that update. Didn't know the U16's were playing games in Hong Kong.

I'm familiar with the positions of the U16 players - though I've only seen a few of them play so far.

But not sure about some of the U15's such as
Jayden Ngwashi, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, Jariyah Shah and Noah Ajayi. What positions are they?
Ngwashi is a CB, Fletcher & Shah are central midfielders & I'm not quite sure what Ajayi's preferred position is. In the games I've seen, he's been used out wide or in midfield.

AltiUn

Ibragimov (if he plays because he may well be injured), Kukonki, Byrne-Hughes & Balogun to name just a few.

Appreciate the info.

khoazany

I like Armer the few times I have seen him playing on the lower age groups but haven't seen him for a good few years.

Not sure what happened with Jay McEvoy, I'd have hoped to see him on the squad. Also Jim Thwaites probably injured during NI?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
20'

1-0 United. Shoretire scores after Mejía's cutback. Bright start from United apparently with Emeran testing the keeper twice already.

khoazany

Hoping for Mengi, Kwambala and Mejia to be fit this season.

Didn't even realize Mastny is still with us. It's weird. He's already 21 and doesn't even start for the U21s.

Gungerz

Hoping for Mengi, Kwambala and Mejia to be fit this season.

Didn't even realize Mastny is still with us. It's weird. He's already 21 and doesn't even start for the U21s.
He was on trial at Telstar in the Dutch 2nd division earlier in the summer. Surely he leaves between now & the end of the window.

Borninthe80ts

Can see some of those in this game going on loan and hopefully this game would have been scouted.

Selfishly I’m hoping some stay and get fit and gain confidence under the United umbrella. Hoping next season will be positive for us on all level’s.

Borninthe80ts

U16 squad in Hong Kong:

Muchos Gracios!

top1whoisman

Scout
Subs yesterday: Oyedele on for Hannibal at HT, Mather on for McNeill (71’).

Subs not used: Mastny, Nolan, Ogunneye, Williams

AltiUn

Anyone know how Ennis is getting along after his injury, is he back in contention or is he still out? Was looking brilliant before he did his ACL.

top1whoisman

Scout
What level will Harry Amass be expected to play at?
I would expect him to start in the U18s, he turned 16 in March. If it goes well and he shows he’s ready, perhaps he’ll get slowly integrated to the U21s in the second half of the season.

Gungerz

Pretty sure Ibragimov won't be playing as he doesn't look to have been training with the rest of the group. It's a back injury he's still recovering from.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
https://trainingground.guru/article...d-of-academy-recruitment-at-manchester-united

LUKE FEDORENKO has been promoted to Head of Academy Recruitment as part of a restructure at Manchester United.

Fedorenko has been with the Old Trafford club for more six years. He joined in February 2017 as Academy Lead Scout (9s to 11s) and became Head of Local Recruitment in July 2021.

Prior to this he worked for Sheffield United alongside Nick Cox, who is Manchester United's current Academy Director. Fedorenko was Head of Development Centres and Academy Coach and then Head of Academy Recruitment 7s to 16s for the Blades, while Cox was their Academy Manager.

The restructure sees Dave Harrison, who had been Head of Youth Recruitment since January 2017, move to a new role focusing on emerging talent across Europe.

The changes were announced to United's Academy staff this morning. Some departures are also expected to be announced in the coming days.