Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Bigsid

Bit unfair given that Moldova were one win away from Euro 2024 this week.
A look at their recent record at u21 level will perhaps tell you the level. Mind you. England lost to Uzbekistan today at the under 17 world cup.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
A look at their recent record at u21 level will perhaps tell you the level. Mind you. England lost to Uzbekistan today at the under 17 world cup.
Point being, youth international football has the potential to be way more unpredictable. Especially further down the age groups. The younger they are the less apparent the difference in access to training looks. Unless those Uzbekistan players get picked up by professional teams with elite academies outside Uzbekistan, their development is likely to stall compared to the England U17s who will continue to get elite training and eventually end up a different class to their opponents. U21s is a bit different, especially given how young Gibraltar U21s is compared to their opponents (Gibraltar's average age was 18.9 vs Moldova's 20.7, nearly a 2 year gap). It's why there's a lot more hope for Gibraltar's upcoming generation to change the fortunes of the national team in a few years time from whipping boys to team that actually scraps for results.

Gungerz

Gabriele Biancheri scored 4 goals for the U17s in their PL Cup game against Blackburn tonight. Don't actually know the final score but I'm assuming they won. Jaydan Kamason also made his return from injury.

Unfortunately United are out though as only the 1st place finishers (+ 1 best runner-up) go through & we've finished 2nd on 6pts just behind Wolves on 7.

Gungerz

Gabriele Biancheri scored 4 goals for the U17s in their PL Cup game against Blackburn tonight. Don't actually know the final score but I'm assuming they won. Jaydan Kamason also made his return from injury.

Unfortunately United are out though as only the 1st place finishers (+ 1 best runner-up) go through & we've finished 2nd on 6pts just behind Wolves on 7.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
FFS didn't realise we had an early K.O so I've missed most of the game. Also wtf is this weather?

Gungerz

First United involvement in the new England U15 group. Two more camps to come so most likely more will be called up.

Gungerz

Siem Eyob-Abraha made his return from the injury he suffered in pre-season & scored against Wolves for the 16s yesterday.

cj_sparky

Commentator said "Tough group for Travis Binnion and his 19's, actually been similar to ten Hag and his bigger boys" made me chuckle :lol:

Gungerz

Bendito Mantato & Rafe McCormack both started for England U16s in a 2-0 win over Ireland this afternoon.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Commentator said "Tough group for Travis Binnion and his 19's, actually been similar to ten Hag and his bigger boys" made me chuckle :lol:
Difference is at U19 level the teams like Kobenhavn still have their biggest talents, normally by the time they reach senior level they've been snapped up by a bigger team elsewhere in Europe. It's also why Hadjuk Split were Youth League finalists last year, their youth system keeps producing players but very few stay around at the club long enough for the club to get results at senior level.

Varun1

Any updates on the youngsters who are out on loan, Brandon, Hugill, Fernandez and Fish especially? And the ones we've sold, Iqbal, Jurado, Kovar, Savage and Laird?
I see Tuanzebe is now at Ipswich.

Last edited:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Any updates on the youngster who are out on loan, Brandon, Hugill, Fernandez and Fish especially? And the ones we've sold, Iqbal, Jurado, Kovar, Savage and Laird?
Fish is doing well, Hugill isn't on loan. All of the others there isn't much to say. Savage scored a screamer a week or so ago though.

Varun1

Fish is doing well, Hugill isn't on loan. All of the others there isn't much to say. Savage scored a screamer a week or so ago though.
Thanks mate. Is Hugill injured? Strange that he hasn't gone out on loan.

Bojan Djordjic

Any updates on the youngsters who are out on loan, Brandon, Hugill, Fernandez and Fish especially? And the ones we've sold, Iqbal, Jurado, Kovar, Savage and Laird?
I saw Fish in some European U23 team of the week lately and the comments seemed to suggest he's playing good football. Thought B. Williams and Fernandez were having good loans too. Think Hugill's been in and around match day squads for us so not out on loan. Iqbal has played barely any minutes. Got injured in pre-season so probably hasn't been able to catch up on fitness.

Bojan Djordjic

He's 20, should be out on loan imo.
He's needed at the mother ship. We only have two strikers and one is Martial so can't really be sending the next in line striker out on loan. Also Hojlund's injury is quite worrying. He was really hobbling at the end of the Liverpool game.

Varun1

I saw Fish in some European U23 team of the week lately and the comments seemed to suggest he's playing good football. Thought B. Williams and Fernandez were having good loans too. Think Hugill's been in and around match day squads for us so not out on loan. Iqbal has played barely any minutes. Got injured in pre-season so probably hasn't been able to catch up on fitness.
He's needed at the mother ship. We only have two strikers and one is Martial so can't really be sending the next in line striker out on loan. Also Hojlund's injury is quite worrying. He was really hobbling at the end of the Liverpool game.
Thanks mate. Glad that some of the players are getting game time, and Brandon seems to be doing well. He was stalling before his injury.

Mickson

I follow the loans closely. Greenwood and Fish are doing well and play 90 minutes every game. The rest are meh. Fernandez doesn't play much and never starts, and Williams is very much in and out and hasn't played much lately. Charlie McNeill doesn't play at all. If I were doing a summary, it is not going well in general and IMO United has failed. It looked much better last season and we have very few players out on loan now, and mostly players we want to get rid of.

khoazany

I follow the loans closely. Greenwood and Fish are doing well and play 90 minutes every game. The rest are meh. Fernandez doesn't play much and never starts, and Williams is very much in and out and hasn't played much lately. Charlie McNeill doesn't play at all. If I were doing a summary, it is not going well in general and IMO United has failed. It looked much better last season and we have very few players out on loan now, and mostly players we want to get rid of.
Tbf we have less players on loan this season, and Williams hasn't played much lately due to fitness issues but I would still consider that loan to be at least decent.

I think we gonna have like 4-5 more on loan on January, so would be a more eventful loan watch for the second half of the season.

Varun1

Thanks mate. From what you've seen, what's Fish's level?

Mickson

Thanks mate. From what you've seen, what's Fish's level?
I think he has developed a fair bit on loan, which we can see when we compare his performance from the tour with United in 2022 and 2023. However, I can't see him making it at United but maybe at lower PL level or The Championship, which would be a good career.