Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Given the fact that you brought it up - I thought about writing the same thing at first, but I was nice and decided not to.
Just next time think a little before calling a bunch of youngsters mentally weak just because they lost one match or remember how wound up you got cos someone mocked you before commenting on someone else mental fortitude.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Probably just trying to point out that - shock horror - upsets in the Youth Cup do happen
Youth teams are affected by how they're graded by the FA too. Just because an academy doesn't have Category 1 status does not mean it isn't capable of producing very good players. Look at Jude Bellingham. Never played for a Category 1 academy but is now one of the best players in the world.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I really like Devaney, solid player. Think he'll have a decent career wherever he ends up.

saik

We take the lead. Ball bobbles off Wheatley from a clearance by the Boro defender, falls very nicely for Scanlon to score. 1-0.

saik

Wonderful goal by Missin. All starts by his hold up play at the beginning of the move. Some stepovers in the box before calmly finishing with his left foot. 2-0. :drool:

Edit :

ariel

Obviously there are great talents in the u-18, but what really impresses me is that as a team they are an amazing machine. We change keep changing the eleven and yet the way they play doesn't change.
By the way, where did Jack Fletcher and Fitzgerald disappear to?
And what about Moorhouse? he's completely missing

saik

3-0. Too easy for us. Wheatley with a tap in.

Edit :

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Might not happen after all. As it’s comfortable for now I think it’s more valuable for the team to learn how to play with ten. Boro currently struggling to get on the ball.

saik

Also, sad to see Missin go off with injury. Hopefully nothing serious as he has been great this game.

MileStolar

To be very fair, no one even drove Beaucoup away, he lost his rag over a post about Shea Lacey being injured and then quit the Caf. I'm pretty sure Lacey himself actually replied to the original injury post as well confirming its authenticity.
Wait, Shea Lacey is a member on here?

ariel

What about Moorhouse? Seems to have missed practically the whole season

Gungerz

According to Serbian media, U15 midfielder Edward Ibrović-Fletcher has chosen to represent Serbia at youth level.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

According to Serbian media, U15 midfielder Edward Ibrović-Fletcher has chosen to represent Serbia at youth level.
Has he been being selected by England at youth levels so far? I'm not sure what international levels they have for his age - I know they have U16, do they have U14, 15 age groups?

I know we don't discuss the abilities, certainly any weaknesses, of such young players on here - I'll just say he looked quite tidy on the ball the only time I've seen him (in some youth tournament on YouTube).

Gungerz

Has he been being selected by England at youth levels so far? I'm not sure what international levels they have for his age - I know they have U16, do they have U14, 15 age groups?

I know we don't discuss the abilities, certainly any weaknesses, of such young players on here - I'll just say he looked quite tidy on the ball the only time I've seen him (in some youth tournament on YouTube).
Hasn't been called up by England yet but the Serbian reports say the FA have been closely monitoring him. Although, of course they would say that to make this look better for Serbia.

Bertie Wooster

Hasn't been called up by England yet but the Serbian reports say the FA have been closely monitoring him. Although, of course they would say that to make this look better for Serbia.
Thanks.

It would be interesting to know how close he was to the England squad. If he was close, and opted for Serbia because he feels a kinship, etc, then doesn't reflect on his ability at all. If he's opted for a weaker nation because he thinks he'll get more of a chance with them, then probably not a great sign.

But good luck to him. Hopefully we'll get a better idea of his ability in the forthcoming seasons. As I said, only seen him in a game or two in some tournament a good few months ago and thought he looked decent enough on the ball at that age. But very hard to tell on such limited evidence.

top1whoisman

Scout
I am well aware that it’s due to an injury crisis and it’s very likely that apart from Mainoo none of them will become regulars here, but there was a nice shot in the middle of the game with Collyer, Forson, Ogunneye, Mainoo & Kambwala sitting on the bench. 3+6 tonight, love it.

Redivy

I know we have some pretty sharp minds here who watch the youth regularly, what is your opinion on Habeeb Ogunneye?

top1whoisman

Scout
I know we have some pretty sharp minds here who watch the youth regularly, what is your opinion on Habeeb Ogunneye?
Not the sharpest of minds, but based on the couple of years I’ve seen him play, I’d say he’s a decent athlete but doesn’t really offer anything special to the team. Solid-ish defensively, not great going forward or on the ball.

For what it’s worth I rate Jaydan Kamason higher although I’m not sold on him either. But he’s a bit better than Ogunneye in everything.

Still too early to tell though. Players develop at their own pace and a lot of his attributes can be worked on.

Not saying he’s a bad player by any means, just haven’t seen many strengths or standout qualities in him.

He’s had his fair share of injuries too and I suppose getting called up for the England youth does say something about his talent.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Not the sharpest of minds, but based on the couple of years I’ve seen him play, I’d say he’s a decent athlete but doesn’t really offer anything special to the team. Solid-ish defensively, not great going forward or on the ball.

For what it’s worth I rate Jaydan Kamason higher although I’m not sold on him either. But he’s a bit better than Ogunneye in everything.

Still too early to tell though. Players develop at their own pace and a lot of his attributes can be worked on.

Not saying he’s a bad player by any means, just haven’t seen many strengths or standout qualities in him.

He’s had his fair share of injuries too and I suppose getting called up for the England youth does say something about his talent.
Yeah, was going to post similar based on seeing him with the U18's.

Gets up and down the pitch well, and I actually think he looks decent enough on the ball for a defender in basic link up play. But he doesn't yet offer much attacking threat and only looks OK defensively.

One of those full backs so far that impresses more with their physical attributes and being able to get up and down the pitch well than they do with their actual ability at either end.

I've not seen Kamason as much but, yeah, so far I'd say he looks a bit better - though neither look anywhere near the quality that Amass does on the left.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah, was going to post similar based on seeing him with the U18's.

Gets up and down the pitch well, and I actually think he looks decent enough on the ball for a defender in basic link up play. But he doesn't yet offer much attacking threat and only looks OK defensively.

One of those full backs so far that impresses more with their physical attributes and being able to get up and down the pitch well than they do with their actual ability at either end.

I've not seen Kamason as much but, yeah, so far I'd say he looks a bit better - though neither look anywhere near the quality that Amass does on the left.
Perhaps it would’ve been more accurate to say that he plays it very safe quite a lot. So he might not lose possession consistently, but neither does he take he risks or try to make something happen when on the ball.

That could be more of a mental hurdle so he could in the future take steps forward in this regard.

Bertie Wooster

Perhaps it would’ve been more accurate to say that he plays it very safe quite a lot. So he might not lose possession consistently, but neither does he take he risks or try to make something happen when on the ball.

That could be more of a mental hurdle so he could in the future take steps forward in this regard.
Yeah, I think that sums it up well.

khoazany

It's mental hurdle I'm pretty sure (anyone will after getting mostly injured past 2-3 years). He looks much more adventurous on the lower age groups, almost Laird-like.