Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

saik

Weston sucks but the scorer of their 3rd, Cruz Allen, is pretty highly rated. Just turned 17 last week and is averaging a goal or assist every 100 minutes in the u18/21s. Capped for Wales u17s and was actually linked to us a few months ago along with other big clubs.
Cool. If we indeed sign him, do you see him going into u18s or the u21s? I assume Missin is going to be moved up to u21s next year and I'm not convinced by Musa at all. I feel like Lacey(unfortunate with injury this season) and Ibragimov need a year with u18s before they can be moved up to the u21s.

Mylock

Thanks.

Yeah, I was a bit puzzled because, although I've hardly ever seen him, he was one that I'd heard of and read about and was assuming he'd get a contract - and then saw on here that he was on trial at Leeds, and now the West Ham link...

Will Biancheri and maybe Kaba be the main strikers for the U18's next season as it stands, if we don't bring anyone in? In the age range below, are the likes of Abbas, Abraha and Bradbury still there? They'll be about 16 next year, I assume, so could also get some minutes in the U18's if so?

Just wondering as I imagine Wheatley and Musa will likely be stepping up to the U21's (Wheatley already has of course) next year.
Neither Wheatley or Musa are good enough to make it, we need better forwards coming through.

lysglimt

Scout
Weston sucks but the scorer of their 3rd, Cruz Allen, is pretty highly rated. Just turned 17 last week and is averaging a goal or assist every 100 minutes in the u18/21s. Capped for Wales u17s and was actually linked to us a few months ago along with other big clubs.
Yeah he looked good when he played against us at the U18s

lysglimt

Scout
Definitely not a game to remember.

- Keeper & back four were terrible. So many underhit or misplaced passes that put them in danger.
- McNeill non-existent. Got no service in fairness but still has to do more.
- Oyedele looked off it. Maybe to be expected as he hasn't played much recently but he's much better than what he showed tonight.

+ Baumann did fairly well on his debut in a somewhat unfamiliar deeper role that he hasn't really played in for the 18s. Took his goal really well.
+ Another goal for Williams. I still think there's so much potential to be unlocked in terms of his explosiveness & 1v1 dribbling.
+ debuts for Thwaites & Armer
Williams can go pretty far - a bit inconsistent still, but he almost always gets a goal or an assist. He has a good shot in him and he uses his pace to get into really good positions

Mickson

It's probably a good thing that the U21 doesn't get televised that often... man this team is awful, both on paper and on the pitch.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Presumably the 18s will be on MUTV later?

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Lineup vs Palace:

Harrison, Kamason, Jackson, Munro, Amass, Devaney, McAllister, Mantato, Scanlon, Missin, Wheatley
Subs: Myles, Armer, Bailey, Thwaites, Biancheri

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
McAllister scores to give Utd a 1-0 lead

Great run from Munro, out wide to Scanlon who served it on a plate for McAllister.

Last edited:

stealthy

See Man City in the other semi final so potential mini Derby final. No big Sid on here anymore to add some balance to the debate should that happen? I imagine they would go full strength. See they also have either Swindon/Bristol City in FAYC semi final also which could be good debate material.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looks a fairly strong team that, hopefully Mantato and Missin can show what they're about!

saik

Looks a fairly strong team that, hopefully Mantato and Missin can show what they're about!
They have. Missin has been a threat all game. Mantato has had some good moments but quieter compared to Missin on the left. 2nd half just started. We went into half time with a 1-0 lead thanks to a McAllister goal.

saik

Good pressing from Wheatley forces their GK to scuff his clearance towards Mantato who squares it to Scanlon who crashes it into the crossbar. Unlucky not to score. Good start to the 2nd half.

saik

Wonderful run by Amass into the box and his shot/cross is deflected in. 2-0 to us now.

M16Red

Amass, his positioning is really interesting.

Scored a goal, but where he picked up the ball was like inside left forward.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good pressing from Wheatley forces their GK to scuff his clearance towards Mantato who squares it to Scanlon who crashes it into the crossbar. Unlucky not to score. Good start to the 2nd half.
Is Scanlon any relation to Albert?

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
I have no idea. Couldn't find anything on google as well. I'd hazard a guess he is not as James Scalon is from Gibraltar.
Gibraltarian through parentage, could just be one of his parents or grandparents were born in Gibraltar. Grew up in Derbyshire I believe.

Sancho99

I have no idea. Couldn't find anything on google as well. I'd hazard a guess he is not as James Scalon is from Gibraltar.
I don't think so. He's one of the lads we brought over from Derby's academy along with Sharpe and Kaba.

saik

Wheatley scores now. 3-0. Good cutback from McAllister to Biancheri who shot is saved which falls to Wheatley for a tap in.

M16Red

Wheatley scores now. 3-0. Good cutback from McAllister to Biancheri who shot is saved which falls to Wheatley for a tap in.
McAllister looks very good as well, reminds of fecking Keano

saik

McAllister looks very good as well, reminds of fecking Keano
Honestly, this team as a whole is so good, it's hard to rate how good each of them individually are. :lol:

Ofcourse, you have your stand out players like Amass, Lacey(before his injury) but then there are others like :

• Missin - Has improved as the season has gone. His performances have gone down a notch when he plays on the right but on the left he has been a threat.
  • Wheatley - few on here don't rate him but he often chips in with goals and looks to be getting more involved in the games now.
  • Then you have midfielders like McAllister, one of the Fletcher brothers(again was good before his injury), Devaney, Curley who keep things ticking.
  • And then you have Kingdon and Jackson from defence who have chipped in with goals from setpieces at times this season.

This is a very well rounded team and is why it makes its harder for me to judge them individually.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Wheatley is such an interesting profile. He’s very good physically, good holdup, secure in possession, works exceptionally hard, does most things right but he’s just let down by his finishing at times - he has scored some incredible goals though and is good technically so you’d think that can improve as he matures.

saik

As I type, Wheatley gets his 2nd and he also got an assist for the 4th I think? Anyways, good performance from him and us as a team again. 5-0 to us now. The team is really so good to watch. Such a breath of fresh air compared to watching our first team.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Really impressed with Munro. Really quick, confident on the ball. McAllister has been good; Amass again impressive. Wheatley gets 2, still undecided but he is improving all the time in his hold up play. I still can't work out how we managed to lose to Swindon in the FAYC .

saik

Really impressed with Munro. Really quick, confident on the ball. McAllister has been good; Amass again impressive. Wheatley gets 2, still undecided but he is improving all the time in his hold up play. I still can't work out how we managed to lose to Swindon in the FAYC .
Yea, that loss to Swindon was bad. Everyone was poor that day. I will put it down to one off upset which happen sometimes.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wheatley is a very interesting player, don't know if he'll make it or not but very very well rounded striker.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wheatley is a very interesting player, don't know if he'll make it or not but very very well rounded striker.
I didn't think much of him at first but he's looked much better in the last few months, definitely becoming an interesting talent.

Gungerz

Worth mentioning that Palace were missing a couple of key attackers, including Zach Marsh the top scorer in the U18 PL, but nonetheless they had a strong team out there and hardly created anything of note. I thought Munro was oustanding today.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Worth mentioning that Palace were missing a couple of key attackers, including Zach Marsh the top scorer in the U18 PL, but nonetheless they had a strong team out there and hardly created anything of note. I thought Munro was oustanding today.
Munro was excellent. To be fair we were missing quite a few key players too.

Bertie Wooster

Very enjoyable game to watch. Thoroughly dominant display.

So many good performances - Kamason and Amass as attacking FB's, Munro, McAllister, Mantato*, Missin, Wheatley...

Really sums up just how good of a unit this group is. Almost always enjoyable to watch, no matter who is selected (unlike the U21's).

*Regarding Mantato, I couldn't really get on that link but gathered enough that there were suggestions other clubs were sniffing around him - what's the situation with that? Would be disappointing to lose a quick, skilful, left footed winger like him before we've had a chance to see how well he develops.

Gungerz

The final will be against City after they beat Leicester 3-1 in extra-time. For whatever reason the final is never played at a neutral location, so it remains to be seen who will get the home draw.

stealthy

The final will be against City after they beat Leicester 3-1 in extra-time. For whatever reason the final is never played at a neutral location, so it remains to be seen who will get the home draw.
Hopefully a home draw and a decent crowd, even if it’s an away draw will be more reds there so home draw either way

Ekeke

Munro looks very comfortable when he has the ball. Some great bursts with a little bit of pace bringing the ball out of defence and finding passes or popping up higher up the pitch. Saw him play a nice pass with his left as well so he can use either foot, run the ball or find a pass. Couple of times he came up against forwards trying to be physical with him and looked not quite as strong as his opponent so thats an area he can improve. Also he wasnt as good in the second half with his distribution not always coming off.

Missin and Mantato look tough to play against with their pace and dribbling down the sides. Mantato looks is capable of accelerating or moving the ball quickly past and creating a chance. Missin works hard taking players on with his pace and dribbling and puts the ball into the box and some decent crossing from him too.

Amass is elegant with a good first touch and vision to find creative passes down the left side and playing some longer passes over the top to front players making a run. A couple of crosses came in too easily in the last quarter of the match from his side, but we'd already scored plenty enough to win by that point. Good movement always available to support attacks and rewarded for taking on his man with the deflected goal and Kamason had a few nice dribbles suppoting Mantato on the right. Thought Kamason played well too other than being beaten in the box too easily one time as well.

Wheatley scored a couple and could have had a couple more but his general play bringing teammates into the game was good

McAllister had a nice finish and worked hard up and down the pitch. Good runs into attacking areas to receive the ball including his goal or pullbacks for teammates and also ran back to make tackles too. Probably our motm

Gungerz

According to Serbian media, U15 midfielder Edward Ibrović-Fletcher has chosen to represent Serbia at youth level.
Official now. Ibrović-Fletcher (right) has been called up to Serbia's U16s for a friendly against Montenegro. The other player pictured is Arsenal's Louis Zecevic-John who has also decided to play for Serbia.

Gungerz

PL2 game on Friday is being shown by MUTV again.

Unfortunately, the U18 game against City won't be as it clashes with the first-team game. City are showing it but there's no free trial option or anything like that & I'm not sure I fancy giving them any money.