Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They should sell. They'll still finish top 4 without him and can spend in January for a push at trophies.

djembatheking

They should cash in now, I can't see LASK, SG Union or Toulouse causing many problems whether he's there or not and with 5 teams qualifying for the champions league they should manage that without him too.

Neutral like Switzerland

...if Switzerland was in Liverpool
Supports
Orlando Pirates
New poster here, hi all.
I think Liverpool will definitely get closer to 300m. If they get in a VVD and Salah replacement and a worldclass ball playing, ball winning DM Ala Rodri then they not only push City again but topple them in my honest opinion.

Conor

New poster here, hi all.
I think Liverpool will definitely get closer to 300m. If they get in a VVD and Salah replacement and a worldclass ball playing, ball winning DM Ala Rodri then they not only push City again but topple them in my honest opinion.
So if they sign 3 of the best players in the world they will challenge for the title again, who'd a thunk it?

Skills

Snitch
If they get £250m, and offer all of it for Saka- would arsenal take it?

Neutral like Switzerland

Supports
Orlando Pirates
So if they sign 3 of the best players in the world they will challenge for the title again, who'd a thunk it?
Not you that's for sure... Mr Jumpy.

BTW no need for salty replies. All I said we're replace, never said anything about World class.

Also, getting in world lass reinforcements doesn't automatically result in positive results.... Just ask Chelsea... And Man Cities cross town rivals.

onemanarmy

BTW no need for salty replies. All I said we're replace, never said anything about World class.

Also, getting in world lass reinforcements doesn't automatically result in positive results.... Just ask Chelsea... And Man Cities cross town rivals.
It doesn't automatically result in positive results but they'll topple City if they do?

Conor

Replacing Van Dijk and Salah means buying players that can perform at the same level, that and a world class ball playing DM, it's basically impossible to do that.

You could give them 400m and they'd struggle to do that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not fully on board with the Saka hype yet. In his and Arsenal's best season he still wasn't able to surpass Salah's numbers in Liverpool's worst season. And Salah was shite/knackered for over half of it.

I know Klopp could coax a few more goals and assists from him but no way would I want to pay more than £100-120m for promise of more goals and assists. And Arsenal would immediately turn those numbers down.

So we should our look elsewhere, where there's less English hype tax.

Drizzle

I'm not fully on board with the Saka hype yet. In his and Arsenal's best season he still wasn't able to surpass Salah's numbers in Liverpool's worst season. And Salah was shite/knackered for over half of it.

I know Klopp could coax a few more goals and assists from him but no way would I want to pay more than £100-120m for promise of more goals and assists. And Arsenal would immediately turn those numbers down.

So we should our look elsewhere, where there's less English hype tax.
There is no right sided forward who will put up Salah numbers. It's very rare. Saka is the best you're going to get. Skilful, consistently dangerous, and young enough to improve. Could easily see him getting 20 goals a season in this Liverpool side.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Replacing Van Dijk and Salah means buying players that can perform at the same level, that and a world class ball playing DM, it's basically impossible to do that.

If you keep evolving your team, you don't have to replace like-for-like. Real when Ronaldo left signed 18yo Vinicius who went and scored 4 goals in his first 47 league games, as well as Hazard - we all know how that went. Still, they won the league just a year later in 19/20. It was Benzema who stepped out of Ronaldos shaddow who made the difference. He scored 4 times the amount of goals he had scored in Ronaldos last season. You can also see it in a smaller sample size and at a lower level with Tottenham/Kane/(Son?) so far this season.

Who have they Chelsea signed that is world class?
Enzo. That's it though, pretty much.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There is no right sided forward who will put up Salah numbers. It's very rare. Saka is the best you're going to get. Skilful, consistently dangerous, and young enough to improve. Could easily see him getting 20 goals a season in this Liverpool side.
I agree he would be hitting 20+ under Klopp, specially if like Salah he's on penalty duties. But not at a cost of £150m. Klopp could find and develop someone else for less.

Drizzle

I agree he would be hitting 20+ under Klopp, specially if like Salah he's on penalty duties. But not at a cost of £150m. Klopp could find and develop someone else for less.
Hmm, I know it worked with Salah but there's a lot of risk with that approach, and also time and patience. The point of having money to spend is you can significantly lower that risk by investing in sure things. It's not guaranteed of course.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Dalglish is their best ever player.
I'd say Suarez is their best ever player and Salah is a long way behind him.

Then again I've never seen Dalglish play apart from a couple of highlights here and there but he doesn't seem to get mentioned in all the GOAT discussions (though that could be recency bias).

erikcred

Then again I've never seen Dalglish play apart from a couple of highlights here and there but he doesn't seem to get mentioned in all the GOAT discussions (though that could be recency bias).
Based on that one outstanding season he had, which Salah beat right away in his first season at Liverpool?

Neutral like Switzerland

Supports
Orlando Pirates
It doesn't automatically result in positive results but they'll topple City if they do?
Now, I hope they do, just so we can come back to this in a few years time and reminisce over how I unnecessarily used up my 3 newbie posts on someone that got rattled for saying Liverpool will not only challenge but topple City if they replace VVD, Salah and get in a proper DM.
Good day to you and for future reference, don't get so worked up over internet comments and opinions. Your too young to for the unnecessary stress it brings.

Conor

Now, I hope they do, just so we can come back to this in a few years time and reminisce over how I unnecessarily used up my 3 newbie posts on someone that got rattled for saying Liverpool will not only challenge but topple City if they replace VVD, Salah and get in a proper DM.
Good day to you and for future reference, don't get so worked up over internet comments and opinions. Your too young to for the unnecessary stress it brings.
Nobody was rattled by your blindingly obvious statement, we were just laughing at the fact you thought you needed to say it out loud.

If you want to get into wasting newbie posts, maybe assess whether you need to tell us the sky is blue.

Drizzle

I've seen them all play. Dalglish was the best, followed by Salah. Suarez probably hit similar heights but wasn't there long enough to be in the top 2.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Based on that one outstanding season he had, which Salah beat right away in his first season at Liverpool?
Salah beat it in a much better Liverpool side (with a much better manager) to be fair, also I think Suarez was banned at the beginning of that season though I can't remember the amount of games.

"In 33 Premier League games in 2013/2014, Liverpool's star man racked up a staggering tally of 31 goals and no less than 17 assists. This means that of Liverpool's 101 league goals that campaign, Suarez was directly involved in just under 50% of them."

https://www.givemesport.com/8803240...behind Suarez's famous,just under 50% of them.

Forgive the shite source it's just the first thing that came up on google.

Whereas Salah scored 1 more goal (in 3 more games) and assisted 7 less in the season he broke the record (once again with a better team and manager around him).

I think 13/14 Suarez would have outshone Salah in Klopps Liverpool.

I can understand why he's not rated here as highly but he was a phenomenal footballer.

I've seen them all play. Dalglish was the best, followed by Salah. Suarez probably hit similar heights but wasn't there long enough to be in the top 2.
Fair enough, haven't seen Dalglish and the longevity (and silverware) mean Salah is definitely a more important player in Liverpool's history but I still think Suarez was better.

erikcred

Salah beat it in a much better Liverpool side (with a much better manager) to be fair, also I think Suarez was banned at the beginning of that season though I can't remember the amount of games.

"In 33 Premier League games in 2013/2014, Liverpool's star man racked up a staggering tally of 31 goals and no less than 17 assists. This means that of Liverpool's 101 league goals that campaign, Suarez was directly involved in just under 50% of them."

https://www.givemesport.com/88032406-luis-suarez-2013-14-video-of-best-individual-premier-league-season-at-liverpool/#:~:text=The stats behind Suarez's famous,just under 50% of them.

Whereas Salah scored 1 more goal (in 3 more games) and assisted 7 less in the season he broke the record (once again with a better team and manager around him).

I can understand why he's not rated here as highly but he was a phenomenal footballer.

Fair enough, haven't seen Dalglish and the longevity (and silverware) mean Salah is definitely a more important player in Liverpool's history but I still think Suarez was better.

Cherry picking a single glorious season in this way means nothing when the topic is best "ever". Leads to silly claims like "Van Dijk is the best PL defender of all time". :D

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Cherry picking a single glorious season in this way means nothing when the topic is best "ever". Leads to silly claims like "Van Dijk is the best PL defender of all time". :D
Well I as much cherry picked a season as you did, as Salah never hit those PL heights again either.

Didn't he have even better seasons at Barca later anyway? It's not like it was a one season wonder.

He's just more talented than Salah IMO and his best season at Liverpool was better that Salahs IMO so if he's a more talented player that had a higher peak at Liverpool I don't see how it's that weird a claim that he's the best player that's played for Liverpool (at least in modern history).

Salah can play there for another decade but he won't be a better player than Suarez just because he hung around longer IMO.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

https://www.givemesport.com/88032406-luis-suarez-2013-14-video-of-best-individual-premier-league-season-at-liverpool/#:~:text=The stats behind Suarez's famous,just under 50% of them.

Suarez that season scored 16 of his 31 goals against the teams that finished 16th - 20th in the league.

Of all the bottom half teams in the league that season 11th -20th, he scored 24 of his 31 goals.

He was nothing but a flat track bully that season, racking his numbers up against the fodder of the league.

His goal stats that season are misleading to say the least.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Suarez that season scored 16 of his 31 goals against the teams that finished 16th - 20th in the league.

Of all the bottom half teams in the league that season 11th -20th, he scored 24 of his 31 goals.

He was nothing but a flat track bully that season, racking his numbers up against the fodder of the league.

His goal stats that season are misleading to say the least.
Salah scored 2/3 against 11th-20th. You score more against the bottom half teams, who would have thunk it?

31 in 33 vs 32 in 36, with more assists, resulting in 2nd place Liverpool vs 4th place Liverpool. Both seasons followed by a World Cup where the flat-track bully sunk England with a brace before sinking his teeth into Chiellini, while Salah scored against Russia and Saudi but still lost both games.

Suárez at the time was unquestionably the best player in the world, let alone striker, if you left out Messi-Cristiano. Salah was never close to that sort of billing. Cracking player, sure, but in a much larger cohort of world class forwards.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Salah scored 2/3 against 11th-20th. You score more against the bottom half teams, who would have thunk it?

31 in 33 vs 32 in 36, with more assists, resulting in 2nd place Liverpool vs 4th place Liverpool. Both seasons followed by a World Cup where the flat-track bully sunk England with a brace before sinking his teeth into Chiellini, while Salah scored against Russia and Saudi but still lost both games.

Suárez at the time was unquestionably the best player in the world, let alone striker, if you left out Messi-Cristiano. Salah was never close to that sort of billing. Cracking player, sure, but in a much larger cohort of world class forwards.
Suarez was not the 3rd best player in the world in 2013/14. He didn't even make it into the 23 man Ballon d'Or shortlist that year. Neymar and Robben were both better players than him then anyway.

Salah came 6th in the Ballon d'Or rankings because of his 32 goal season.

So even the professionals thought Salah was better in his season than Suarez was in his.

But you, a random on the internet knows better.

GlasgowCeltic

Salah is probably a “greater” Liverpool player at this point but Suarez is definitely the best Liverpool player I’ve seen at playing football

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Suarez was not the 3rd best player in the world in 2013/14. He didn't even make it into the 23 man Ballon d'Or shortlist that year. Neymar and Robben were both better players than him then anyway.

Salah came 6th in the Ballon d'Or rankings because of his 32 goal season.

So even the professionals thought Salah was better in his season than Suarez was in his.

But you, a random on the internet knows better.
Yeah, because a guy suspended from international football for the next couple of years for biting someone was going to get a shot at the Ballon d'Or. Sure.

foolsgold

Salah is probably a “greater” Liverpool player at this point but Suarez is definitely the best Liverpool player I’ve seen at playing football
Ian Rush was a more natural goal scorer than either of them. Dalglish (6 league titles, 3 European cups) the best all round player and if not for Plantini would have been described as best in the world.

Neutral like Switzerland

Supports
Orlando Pirates

That's what yourself and alot of other posters think. Players in the right system with the right coaching could get to those levels.
Did Salah post these consistent crazy numbers before Liverpool?
As an example, whats to say Klopp can't take a Bowen and turn him into a 20 goals plus a season player.

Like for like never needs replacing, they to this day still haven't replaced Coutinho, unless I'm mistaken.
Nobody was rattled by your blindingly obvious statement, we were just laughing at the fact you thought you needed to say it out loud.

If you want to get into wasting newbie posts, maybe assess whether you need to tell us the sky is blue.
Interesting... Rattled, and schitzo tendencies.

I wonder if your feelings would have been hurt if said team were not Liverpool.

Maybe try not too let feelings towards your own team create all this unnecessary animosity, especially towards someones honest 'opinion'.

Neutral like Switzerland

Supports
Orlando Pirates
If you keep evolving your team, you don't have to replace like-for-like. Real when Ronaldo left signed 18yo Vinicius who went and scored 4 goals in his first 47 league games, as well as Hazard - we all know how that went. Still, they won the league just a year later in 19/20. It was Benzema who stepped out of Ronaldos shaddow who made the difference. He scored 4 times the amount of goals he had scored in Ronaldos last season. You can also see it in a smaller sample size and at a lower level with Tottenham/Kane/(Son?) so far this season.

Enzo. That's it though, pretty much.
That's the key, evolution. All great players move on and that's why resourceful managers like Klopp, Pep, Ancelloti etc always find a way as the system is always way more important then individual players.

So, if players like Salah could be coached and molded into a specific system that allows him to flourish... And BTW I'm not a huge Salah fan, as I think he's dribbling and ball control is mediocre at best... Then for managers like Klopp whom love the project of enhancing player abilities will no doubt find a way to replace 'irreplaceable' players like Salah.

Conor

That's what yourself and alot of other posters think. Players in the right system with the right coaching could get to those levels.
Did Salah post these consistent crazy numbers before Liverpool?
As an example, whats to say Klopp can't take a Bowen and turn him into a 20 goals plus a season player.

Like for like never needs replacing, they to this day still haven't replaced Coutinho, unless I'm mistaken.

Interesting... Rattled, and schitzo tendencies.

I wonder if your feelings would have been hurt if said team were not Liverpool.

Maybe try not too let feelings towards your own team create all this unnecessary animosity, especially towards someones honest 'opinion'.
I'm just going to keep quoting you so you waste more posts. If Klopp had the ability to make any player world class, then he would have never had to sign Van Dijk. If you think he can turn Bowen into a Salah level player in terms of output, you're a spacer.

Neutral like Switzerland

Supports
Orlando Pirates
I'm just going to keep quoting you so you waste more posts. If Klopp had the ability to make any player world class, then he would have never had to sign Van Dijk. If you think he can turn Bowen into a Salah level player in terms of output, you're a spacer.
By all means lad, by all means... I find it quite interesting that someone whom stated was not rattled would continue with a completely unnecessary and quite frankly Bazar hill to die on.

If you thought that Salah would have it those numbers prior to joining Liverpool then I guess we both 'Spacers'

Let's end this little rendition because quite clearly you cannot fathom personal opinions... I get that because I mentioned Liverpool and that your a die hard Manchester Utd follower that it triggered you, and that's fine as I get it.

I like to think of myself of a poet, especially while showering... So I wrote a lil rendition for you. Once again, don't let internet conversations and opinions rattle you so much lad because your mental health is much more important. Love peace and happiness -

On a forum where football's the theme,
You rant and rave, you huff and scream,
Your jabs, your pokes, they seem so keen,
Yet beneath, there's hurt, clearly unseen.

Your barbs and taunts, oh so sly,
Mask the tears you never cry,
Football's just the public guise,
But in your words, your pain belies.

Oh dear troll, so bold and brash,
Behind each post, a hidden lash,
You throw your shade, you cast your spite,
Yet deep within, something's not right.

Your animosity, it shines so bright,
Do you sleep well at night?
Perhaps one day, you'll find your way,
To cheer and jest, in a gentler way.

But until then, dear forum foe,
Know that we see through your woe,
For though you act so high and mighty,
Your hurt feelings? They're quite flighty!

Conor

By all means lad, by all means... I find it quite interesting that someone whom stated was not rattled would continue with a completely unnecessary and quite frankly Bazar hill to die on.

If you thought that Salah would have it those numbers prior to joining Liverpool then I guess we both 'Spacers'

Let's end this little rendition because quite clearly you cannot fathom personal opinions... I get that because I mentioned Liverpool and that your a die hard Manchester Utd follower that it triggered you, and that's fine as I get it.

I like to think of myself of a poet, especially while showering... So I wrote a lil rendition for you. Once again, don't let internet conversations and opinions rattle you so much lad because your mental health is much more important. Love peace and happiness -

On a forum where football's the theme,
You rant and rave, you huff and scream,
Your jabs, your pokes, they seem so keen,
Yet beneath, there's hurt, clearly unseen.

Your barbs and taunts, oh so sly,
Mask the tears you never cry,
Football's just the public guise,
But in your words, your pain belies.

Oh dear troll, so bold and brash,
Behind each post, a hidden lash,
You throw your shade, you cast your spite,
Yet deep within, something's not right.

Your animosity, it shines so bright,
Do you sleep well at night?
Perhaps one day, you'll find your way,
To cheer and jest, in a gentler way.

But until then, dear forum foe,
Know that we see through your woe,
For though you act so high and mighty,
Your hurt feelings? They're quite flighty!
How bazar.

Status
Not open for further replies.