Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
He's been screaming and shouting about wanting revenge against Madrid in the final ... if Liverpool win that's definitely not going to endear him to the Madrid fans. Would not be surprised if he ended up at Barca or Atletico. Also - don't want him because his old injuries may be flaring up again and he would impede Rodrygo's progress.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Mbappe deal to Madrid was 99% what was expected, therefore the market would already have been moving with that expectation and maybe there has now been a big pause whilst clubs re-adjust.

Maybe Salah would have gone to PSG as replacement? Maybe, Lewandowski was also on the merry go round this summer.

One big transfer will always have a domino affect on everything else, so let's see.

I just hope United do some good solid business for once.
Ok mate.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is interesting indeed.

I believe that the Mbappe thing has deffiently made a shift in the market, but also, I think there are two things at play.

Salah will now stay and then leave on a free (which is becoming the norm now) - Or he is gonna go and by saying this, get's Liverpool a bigger transfer price.

Liverpool would have to get that replacement lined up, did the Mbappe thing, change plans of a few clubs perhaps re potential movements in Summer.

Never rule anything out at this stage, but I suggest the winners Saturday, will be the one's where Salah's Future lies.
They already got their replacement in early, Diaz.

Josh 76

A player like Salah can be the difference between winning the title or not winning it. Even 100 m fee is not worth that as we have seen with Barcelona.
His goals dried up towards the end of the season. Maybe he is not the player to make the difference between wining the title or not.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Using the evidence at hand (re: @choccy77), it’s clear he’s going to see out his contract and join a club for an enormous sign on fee. I actually think this was the plan all along. He’s 29/30 and wants one last big pay out.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Maybe it was right at the time .... Maybe still will be... maybe not.... Window not open yet.....
What's the deal choccy? I had my Salah shirt sitting on the floor ready to burn. I thought you could be trusted!

choccy77

What's the deal choccy? I had my Salah shirt sitting on the floor ready to burn. I thought you could be trusted!
I was certain (and still believe) he will go.

I reckon the Mbappe thing has deffiently played a hand for this summer perhaps.

Let's see...

Brophs

The One and Only
The transfer forum is playing Checkers and @choccy77 is playing with his own faeces in the corner.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hasn’t he said he’ll be at Liverpool next season but after that who knows?

Suggests he’s going to run the contract down if so.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Hasn’t he said he’ll be at Liverpool next season but after that who knows?

Suggests he’s going to run the contract down if so.
Probably the likely outcome considering we’re not going to pay him what he wants. I think Mane is going this summer. A lot of noise around him and Bayern.

DevilRed

Most players are now going down this route of running down their contract. It gives them the most leverage to negotiate a bigger salary for themselves.

Clubs are going to be held hostage. Its the new norm.

The dippers have a massive decision to make, as to renew both their 30 year old stars on massive wages (and probably 4-5 year contracts).

I don't think they have a choice but to do it.

You can't possibly let this man walk for free.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Probably the likely outcome considering we’re not going to pay him what he wants. I think Mane is going this summer. A lot of noise around him and Bayern.
Yea I think so too - I think he’s already tacitly agreed his next move, and to that point, has organised a large signing on fee. He’ll run down his contract. Only problem for you guys is if he’s motivated enough to play to his maximum level when his mind may already be thinking of his next destination.

Rossa

Yea I think so too - I think he’s already tacitly agreed his next move, and to that point, has organised a large signing on fee. He’ll run down his contract. Only problem for you guys is if he’s motivated enough to play to his maximum level when his mind may already be thinking of his next destination.
It’s easy to think you don’t get into that tackle or make that sprint that could tear your hamstring when you’re set for somewhere else.

copen1945

It’s easy to think you don’t get into that tackle or make that sprint that could tear your hamstring when you’re set for somewhere else.
Don't much care for Real Madrid, but every little bit of hesitancy should help in the final.

choccy77

Did BT say that Mane has been rumoured to be going to BMunich ?

Deffiently seems very big turn around in the last couple of weeks if Salah stays and Mane goes?

Deffiently feel Mbappe decision has had a big impact elsewhere.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Did BT say that Mane has been rumoured to be going to BMunich ?

Deffiently seems very big turn around in the last couple of weeks if Salah stays and Mane goes?

Deffiently feel Mbappe decision has had a big impact elsewhere.
Don't think I've ever seen anyone spell definitely that horribly before.:wenger:

Judas

Open to offers
The only place it would make sense to go would be City, and it would be a real weird move give they’ve been their direct rivals the last few years. I don’t see that happening at all. He’ll either get the money he wants or leave England.

The White Pele

This is probably posturing on his side to get the best deal possible. I’m not sure he’s the type to join one of Liverpool’s rivals on a free.

I don’t think his words against Real Madrid have done him any favours as he is left with few options that will give him favourable terms compared to Liverpool.

choccy77

Latest I've read is, he is looking for only a 2 year deal plus 25% salary increase.

Before it seems he wanted longer deal plus higher wages

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Back to Chelsea next season maybe?

LARulz

He won't go to another premier league club unless they offer insane money which they won't. I can see him maybe going to any of the other European giants next summer on a free but ultimately think he will stay

DanClancy

Its a tricky situation for Liverpool, he's clearly not going to be the same player in 2 years time given his age. Could end paying him £20m a season to sit on the bench for a couple of seasons if they end up giving him a 4 year contract.

I’m loving my life

He won't go to another premier league club unless they offer insane money which they won't. I can see him maybe going to any of the other European giants next summer on a free but ultimately think he will stay
He could definitely sell a lot of shirts to line the Glazers pockets........plus Ronaldo might be gone and Pogba so he fills the shirt-selling gap.

Plus imagine the clicks and social media attention - he's almost a perfect United signing. Especially given there would be no thought given to actual tactics by signing him.

CM

City is the only other Premier League club which would really make sense for him. It would be pretty funny but sounds like a negotiating ploy to get Liverpool to cave.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
He wants revenge on City for winning the league by joining them.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Seems to be a different person fueled by vengeance and insults thrown at him when he danced to egyptian music during his brothers wedding ceremony (covidiot) ever since Choccy77 accussed him of being gone.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Saint-Maxim on the left, Salah on the right. Easy. Would look good in stripes ;)

Apokalips

Its a tricky situation for Liverpool, he's clearly not going to be the same player in 2 years time given his age. Could end paying him £20m a season to sit on the bench for a couple of seasons if they end up giving him a 4 year contract.
You speak as though he is 34 or something already. He seems to take care of his body, so no reason why he can't be productive like Lewa, Benzema, Ronaldo, etc. continue to be.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I argued with numerous Liverpool fans on here that their rise to prominence would ultimately be their undoing in a cruel irony.

You cannot keep world class players on piffling wages comparative to the going rate for their services elsewhere. It's either break the wage structure, or face the invariable impasse. And it always will be. Salah could be earning double the wage elsewhere, if not more; why on earth would he stay unless they relent?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I argued with numerous Liverpool fans on here that their rise to prominence would ultimately be their undoing in a cruel irony.

You cannot keep world class players of piffling wages comparative to the going rate for their services elsewhere. It's either break the wage structure, or face the invariable impasse.
Salah is on massive money.

Status
Not open for further replies.