Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rash

I find it hard to believe that they are actually offering £200m.

Would any of you be willing to sell Rashford for £200M? I probably would if it were earlier in the transfer window.
Yes and then immediately bid 150 million for Mbappe and use the remaining to cover his wages.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It would be crazy to turn down such offer, he is 31 not 25. In 1 or 2 years time sure nobody or going to offer him more than 1/5 of such amount!

Superunknown

If this offer comes through a month earlier, Liverpool would definitely cash in. But, it's far too late now. They can't put a plan in place to get the right replacements for him.

Insane deal, though. The money being thrown about is sickening.

90 + 5min

£200m for a player past 30s and is showing signs of slowing down. I can't see how you can reject that.

Widow

It would be crazy to turn down such offer, he is 31 not 25. In 1 or 2 years time sure nobody or going to offer him more than 1/5 of such amount!
That's how I read it too. He's their best player and it's far too late to spend it in this window but, it could fund another rebuild next summer.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is £200m enough compensation for missing out on the Champions League for a second season running?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Is £200m enough compensation for missing out on the Champions League for a second season running?
I guess if it’s a binary choice like that then they are in trouble. But they didn’t make CL with him last year so who knows?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
That's how I read it too. He's their best player and it's far too late to spend it in this window but, it could fund another rebuild next summer.
Exactly. That sum is probably halved next summer, and then zero the one after.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
This is a fantastic deal for Liverpool, but has surely come too late. No chance to spend that money now until January, which means short-term weakening of the squad for financial gain (not very palatable for the fans).
You are right about that. If was a month ago maybe. Even so he will not be easily replaced. He’s our best player by a lot given he does so much more than just score. Top four is out the window if we sell him no matter who we get in december. These feckers are bad for football.

Witchking

First they got lucky with that Brazilian kid going to Barcelona. Funded Allison, VVD. Now with 200 plus, they will be able to get the best. Lucky basterds.

saivet

Thought must be that they could probably get over £100m for Salah next summer and go about replacing him properly. Even for £200m, selling him and having no time to get any decent replacements in doesn't make much sense. Think they would be better rejecting the offer and selling him next summer.

If a Saudi club bid £100m now for Casemiro, leaving us with no time to replace him, I think most would reject it due to the timing.

iamking

Who would've thought the best news of our transfer window will come from the Merseyside. Saudi's bid £200m for Salah. He gone.

the_cliff

Thought must be that they could probably get over £100m for Salah next summer and go about replacing him properly. Even for £200m, selling him and having no time to get any decent replacements in doesn't make much sense. Think they would be better rejecting the offer and selling him next summer.

If a Saudi club bid £100m now for Casemiro, leaving us with no time to replace him, I think most would reject it due to the timing.
I'd take that now with Amrabat coming in.

Liverpool have decent options in attacking positions his influence on the team has also decreased last season and this season could decrease more. I don't think Liverpool are rejecting a 200m bid.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
First they got lucky with that Brazilian kid going to Barcelona. Funded Allison, VVD. Now with 200 plus, they will be able to get the best. Lucky basterds.
It’s not really about luck. They’re just a selling club, like Dortmund.

If the Saudi’s thought that we would sell Rashford or Bruno for £200m you could be sure the offer would arrive.

We generally don’t sell players we want to keep. Full stop.

Players we don’t want to keep on the other hand we tend to also keep hold of.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
They'd be mad to accept it, unless they already have a top forward ready to sign

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I honestly don't think you turn down £200m for any player in the world right now. Not any I can think of anyway

Righteous Steps

It’s not really about luck. They’re just a selling club, like Dortmund.

If the Saudi’s thought that we would sell Rashford or Bruno for £200m you could be sure the offer would arrive.

We generally don’t sell players we want to keep. Full stop.

Players we don’t want to keep on the other hand we tend to also keep hold of.
I don’t think they would neither Bruno or Rashford are as good as Salah, as popular worldwide or Arab.

The Dane

They would be stupid not to cash in if they can get 150-200M. I mean the guy can break his leg tomorrow and that doesn’t mean that Liverpool will have no chance of making top 5 and/or winning EL.
They will anyway not win the PL this season and if they are allowed to keep the money and spend them in January or next summer they could get 1-2 reinforcements from the top shelf.
Even without Salah they still have 2 forwards in Nunez and Diaz who is above anything we have.

Infra-red

You are right about that. If was a month ago maybe. Even so he will not be easily replaced. He’s our best player by a lot given he does so much more than just score. Top four is out the window if we sell him no matter who we get in december. These feckers are bad for football.
Perhaps the Saudis will sweeten the deal... £190m + [pick your favourite Saudi-based player] on loan for 12 months.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
I honestly don't think you turn down £200m for any player in the world right now. Not any I can think of anyway
With inflation it isn't that much, it basically buys Caicedo, Mudryk and Denzel Washington's son. Does that provide more winning impact than Salah, Mbappe, Haalend, etc?

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Really? They could bid £100M for Bowen or Mitoma
They need someone to provide 15+ goals , a Leao / Mbappe / Rashford type of player. I can't think of anyone available this late in the window.

SATA

They won’t get top four again this season if they let him go. He’s still their best player and often bails them out with his brilliance when they are losing football matches

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With inflation it isn't that much, it basically buys Caicedo, Mudryk and Denzel Washington's son. Does that provide more winning impact than Salah, Mbappe, Haalend, etc?
If you’re ran by Bodd Toehly, sure.

RedDevil@84

Really? They could bid £100M for Bowen or Mitoma
This late in the window and after knowing Pool has 200M lying around? Brighton has already not budged from any of their transfer amounts. And has milked as much as they can.
West Ham also will want silly money.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They won’t get top four again this season if they let him go. He’s still their best player and often bails them out with his brilliance when they are losing football matches
He's arguably the best player in the Prem and has been for several years now, if we are honest.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think I’d sell any player for £200m, Liverpool would be mad to turn it down, never mind the fact he’s 31.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
It would be a terrible idea to sell him to be honest. Premier League teams already overpay most of the time. If others clubs know you have 200 million they Will make you pay much More than they usually do for any random player.

MUFC OK

Should be taking that. Can do wonders with that money esp with need to balance books with FFP.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
If you’re ran by Bodd Toehly, sure.
Haha a was a bit of a dig at Boehly, but even taking Chelski out of the picture and looking at the recent fees for players like Rice, Hojlund and what Liverpool were willing to pay for Caicedo, I don't think it is a complete stretch to say 200 million is the new 100 million, as least for top EPL clubs that have to overpay due to other clubs knowing they have the money and will do so.

Liverpool actually did well this summer on the fees they paid for Mac Allister and Szoboslai and could probably do great things with 200 million pounds.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Haha a was a bit of a dig at Boehly, but even taking Chelski out of the picture and looking at the recent fees for players like Rice, Hojlund and what Liverpool were willing to pay for Caicedo, I don't think it is a complete stretch to say 200 million is the new 100 million, as least for top EPL clubs that have to overpay due to other clubs knowing they have the money and will do so.

Liverpool actually did well this summer on the fees they paid for Mac Allister and Szoboslai and could probably do great things with 200 million pounds.
They did well to get their purchases in early. Can you imagine what Brighton would be asking for Mac Allister if they knew what Liverpool had in the bank!?

Status
Not open for further replies.